Poll: Who ordered the Sasquach Package?

Did your Order/Purchase the Sasquach Package?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I am from Texas so I am certainly NOT an expert on driving in the snow. But we just had our coldest winter ever and I did more snow driving than ever before. I was amazed at how well my 4 door Rubicon handled it. I expect the Bronco to do as well or better. Can’t wait to see.
I am from Texas too and I hope you mean you can’t wait to see if the Bronco can handle the snow because you will be going to find the snow not that you want another snow event here. That was a tough one I’ll pass on that.

Reactions: jamtra

Chaos

Rank V

Don't delete

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
Base badlands have a similar suspension to that of the SASQ package. Slightly different bilsteins, that result in about 0.5 less lift. If you don’t rock crawl you really don’t need the stay bar release, and it doesn’t really level the vehicle much. It is just an attempt to make the ifs a bit more flexy to appeal to a larger group of jeepsters. You really don’t need rock rails and full bash plates if you don’t play in the rocks. They just add lots of weight. On the dash push button lockers and gearing make the SASQ worth it for anyone planning to do intermediate to moderately difficult off roading. If you just want the look, probably not worth it because you will likely want to change your rims anyway. To be clear I am talking absolutes in need. Need and want rarely overlap.

Last edited:

BBadlands

Rank II

Supporter I

Aug 9, 2021
Texas
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Williams
I am from Texas too and I hope you mean you can’t wait to see if the Bronco can handle the snow because you will be going to find the snow not that you want another snow event here. That was a tough one I’ll pass on that.
Lol! I’ll take a trip to Colorado.

• Love
Reactions: ResidualGenius

ride high

Rank V

Promoter III

Aug 19, 2021
chicagos west burbs
First Name
Stacy
Last Name
Jamison
i would have to agree that a base sas out of the box is a worth wild investment, didn't buy this ride for luxury. more a all round vehicle that can do it all.
at least that's what i tell myself.

BBadlands

Rank II

Supporter I

Aug 9, 2021
Texas
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Williams
i would have to agree that a base sas out of the box is a worth wild investment, didn't buy this ride for luxury. more a all round vehicle that can do it all.
at least that's what i tell myself.
I would have to agree. And I spent the money on the badlands.

ChetC

Rank V

Supporter II

Dec 23, 2020
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Chet
Last Name
Christner
Member #

I like how this poll assumes if you're not getting a Sasquatch package you're automatically a mall crawler. In the meantime, I'm fairly certain 75%+ of the Sasquatch packages were ordered for looks, not function.

The nice thing about getting older is understanding and accepting your needs. I'm a fire roads, developed trails kind of guy. In the old days I'd run 5" of lift and 36" tires on my Bronco but now realize 32" tires, maybe 33" when I need new skins, and a rear locker is going to be just fine for my needs. That Sasquatch package is wasted $$ for me.

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

Yup. I didn't want buyer's remorse. The only thing I didn't get was leather seats.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

i have from the beginning planned on removing that sticker the dealer decal, and possibly the Ford one also
While I appreciate you removing the dealer decal for me , you ain't touching my Ford or Sasquatch stickers. Why are you messing with my Bronco anyway ? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Munky and BuckYeah

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
i have from the beginning planned on removing that sticker the dealer decal, and possibly the Ford one also
Keeping dealer decal. My dealer is small,family owed. I'll keep their decal, they're neighbors. If I was dealing with a corporate dealer, it would be different...

Reactions: Munky

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Love the "squach" look but couldn't justify the added cost. I'll only be doing light off-roading and snow. I thought about getting a base with "mansquatch" since I was forced into the '22, but really wanted the washout floor and vinyl seats on the BD.

ohvrider

Rank IV

Promoter III

Jul 11, 2020
San Jose, California, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Murphy
Ordered Sasquatch for gearing and lockers, not wheels and tires both or which will eventually be replaced. On my Jeep the quote for gearing alone was way more then sasquatch.

Reactions: NickP

Tahotrvlr

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jan 5, 2021
Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Tahoe
Last Name
Traveler
Member #

Compatible Gears for 35’s ???? Kind of important….
Also… bead lock capable wheels are nice to have off road.
Along with metered Bilstein gas Shocks???

All expensive stuff

I personally think … if you want super off road capabilitythe SASQ package is really cost effective for what you get….

Hats off to the Base guys ordering SASQ !!!

IMO the Base SASQ is the best/most cost effective off road capable Bronco period….

Think about it…. If you try to build a 4x4 with the equivalent axles/35’s/ suspension/bead locks/tires/Front and Rear lockers plus the all engineering/testing Ford did to match the parts …. $37-$38K is a Bargain.

A new Rubicon or new 4 runner Land Rover Defender with all of these features for under $37-$38k???

IMO it can’t be done….

Munky

Rank IV

Supporter I

Jun 3, 2021
The Bayou
First Name
The
Last Name
Rougarou
Member #

So I guess, slamming and throwing rubber bands with some hearty shoes, is a no go??!

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

Really wanted MT, so went Badlands and 33’s. Should be here in about 2 weeks and after driving similar setup in Moab feel good about the choice.

Reactions: NickP