POLL: How has B&P Pricing Changes Affected Your Build?

B&P was updated with pricing for the 10-Speed Automatic and Advanced 4x4. How has this affected your

• My Bronco's price went up.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • My Bronco's price went down.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Bronco's price stayed the same.

Votes: 43 24.9%

• Total voters

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
FE reserved, no change for me. If Ford just gives us regular black interior I might switch to a Wildtrak as it saves me $2500 and I really like the Sandstone/Black leather and tow package. Plus the savings can go towards the Black Mod Hardtop. Still undecided on waiting for Black mod hardtop. Hopefully Ford can give us dates on late availability, which will help in the decision making. Just don't feel like taking delivery of a MY21 in late December knowing that a MY22 will be out in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation after watching the latest video on b&p and then re-building my bL. After I completed the build, it wasn't the price I had an issue with. Ive resided myself to the FACT that to get that I wanted from a capable off/on road vehicle 50k is the starting point. So the BL build @54k without SASQUATCH was do-able ....UNTIL I noticed that i forgot to change to the 2.7L. I had the 4.7 diff and auto already selected and made it to the end with the roof rack and rails on the mic top. BUT...when I tried to add the 2.7 L, it removed the roof rack and rails. I wasnt adding the SAS, just the V6.
So It donned on me that Ford has designed a vehicle with NO......margine for adding weight to the actual vehicle and with that thought I went back to all the pryor b&p issues and it became more evident. So, I'm not sure I want to purchase a vehicle that will is not designed to hold up to the true riggers of real world abuse. Sure i can use it as a weekend getaway and daily driver vehicle, but ford has really tried to sell this as an adventuring vehicle and I have lost confidence in that. With my dealer telling me that the order bank opening has now moved to march and this thought, Im still on the fence but leaning way over to the dark side. Any thoughts?

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation after watching the latest video on b&p and then re-building my bL. After I completed the build, it wasn't the price I had an issue with. Ive resided myself to the FACT that to get that I wanted from a capable off/on road vehicle 50k is the starting point. So the BL build @54k without SASQUATCH was do-able ....UNTIL I noticed that i forgot to change to the 2.7L. I had the 4.7 diff and auto already selected and made it to the end with the roof rack and rails on the mic top. BUT...when I tried to add the 2.7 L, it removed the roof rack and rails. I wasnt adding the SAS, just the V6.
So It donned on me that Ford has designed a vehicle with NO......margine for adding weight to the actual vehicle and with that thought I went back to all the pryor b&p issues and it became more evident. So, I'm not sure I want to purchase a vehicle that will is not designed to hold up to the true riggers of real world abuse. Sure i can use it as a weekend getaway and daily driver vehicle, but ford has really tried to sell this as an adventuring vehicle and I have lost confidence in that. With my dealer telling me that the order bank opening has now moved to march and this thought, Im still on the fence but leaning way over to the dark side. Any thoughts?
Hate to hear you might be giving up on the Bronc, but understand where you are coming from. The AM and/or dealer ordered parts should address most, if not all of the shortcomings from the wacky B&P rules. The GVWR issue still seems off to me as one would think the Ranger would have issues with this and the tow ratings would be similar but I am not an engineer so who knows.

In the end, this is a very personal decision and if you feel like you are making too many compromises and not getting what you want then $50K is a lot of money to pay. I will wait until MY22 because I want the Squatch/Manual options and do not want to compromise as is what I was excited about when the Bronc was released. There are other options out there to consider, but for me there is only one choice as I am a lifelong Bronco guy. If I don't buy the new Bronco then I buy nothing, will keep my current DD and enjoy my 96. :)

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I am not sure what to say, but here goes.

Right from the beginning, we have all participated in super high enthusiasm for the 2021 Bronco. Along the way, we began to create the “got-to-haves” and that was all part of the enthusiasm. In many cases, potential owners seemed to be stretching their budgets, but the enthusiasm train kept flying down the track. As the “speed bumps” regarding delivery dates and “late availability” surfaced, we tried to adapt. We all wanted to work with the MIC top even if it meant changing our exterior color to create a reasonable match. At all costs, we have been trying to keep the train on the track. As 2021 has arrived, many are finally taking a moment to exhale. It feels good to finally exhale.

In addition to taking a deep breath, many are removing the rose-colored glasses. I believe Ford understood the GVWR long before they were willing to make the issue public via the latest Q&A with Esteban. Evidence being the carefully designed Overland Bronco. This should not come as a surprise.

As we prepare for the other shoe to drop, we might want to track when Ford expects to allow independent reviewers to publish their reports. I suspect we will wait until March. By that time Ford will know how many reservations converted to orders. As we know Ford has been encouraging dealers to take larger deposits. That is when many potential owners will have skin in the game.

In other words, the rollercoaster ride is by no means over. Fasten your seatbelt.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Right from the beginning, we have all participated in super high enthusiasm for the 2021 Bronco. Along the way, we began to create the “got-to-haves” and that was all part of the enthusiasm. In many cases, potential owners seemed to be stretching their budgets, but the enthusiasm train kept flying down the track. As the “speed bumps” regarding delivery dates and “late availability” surfaced, we tried to adapt. We all wanted to work with the MIC top even if it meant changing our exterior color to create a reasonable match. At all costs, we have been trying to keep the train on the track. As 2021 has arrived, many are finally taking a moment to exhale. It feels good to finally exhale.

In addition to taking a deep breath, many are removing the rose-colored glasses. I believe Ford understood the GVWR long before they were willing to make the issue public via the latest Q&A with Esteban. Evidence being the carefully designed Overland Bronco. This should not come as a surprise.

As we prepare for the other shoe to drop, we might want to track when Ford expects to allow independent reviewers to publish their reports. I suspect we will wait until March. By that time Ford will know how many reservations converted to orders. As we know Ford has been encouraging dealers to take larger deposits. That is when many potential owners will have skin in the game.

In other words, the rollercoaster ride is by no means over. Fasten your seatbelt.
I'm with you @BuzzyBud. From the beginning, and still today, I have been very excited about the new Bronco. From the video it sounds like Ford IS very aware of the GVWR and will be modifying the design to accommodate for this moving forward. Since theres so many reservations bieng pushed to MY22, I thought they would have at least indicated somewhere (on the B&P) that options changing in 2022 will be available, like they did with the molded roof, but thier not committing to anything. Newly reimagined vehicle rollouts are always a roller coaster and I feel Ford may have oversold this one in an attempt to take advantage of a popular vehicle. Im still considering pushing mine back to 2022 and seeing what they will change in its capabilities but it a huge let down for getting on the train early.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

There are going to be more delays.
I didn't want to put new tires on my car, but ended up spending close to 1000 to do it. So the delays are costing me money. Not happy.

The dealers can wish for more deposit money, but I wouldn't give them a dime until they are in production, production is going to be pushed back.The UK strain is going to push production back.
The B.1.1.7 strain has been identified in California, Colorado and Florida and its in CT now.

I may budget more in the future, I just won't take a 40k vehicle out in the woods and get it scratched and dirty.

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

I’m right there too. @BuzzyBud and I talked about this before. The build I want would have a roof mounted shower, roof storage, and roof mounted awning. Based on the weight ratings of the racks and the vehicle, the weight of just the shower maxed me out. That was before I realized I couldn’t get the 2.7 with the roof rack.

I went and test drove the various Wranglers that I could a while back. The key was to check out the difference between the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder options. I’m a huge fan of engine power. I currently hate that I have a 2.0 Turbo running my vehicle. They had a V6 option and I seriously regret not getting it. So for me the 2.7L was the ONLY OPTION. If they didn’t offer more than a 4 cylinder, I wouldn’t be getting one.

I also reserved a FE. While I never thought I’d spend $60k on a vehicle again, especially not a Ford that wasn’t like a F1 racer or Lambo. But when I saw the July 13th opening, I was SOLD! When I got the FE reservation, I was immediately thinking I’m going to add around $10k of options. My budget was $40k. It’s going to be the baddest beast on the road. Now after all this, I’m seriously thinking about just getting a Ranger and maybe in 2023 or 2024 they will have things figured out. What hurts the most about this is I’ve been waiting since I sold my Bronco II ‘96 back in 1999.

This hurts, hurts bad.

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

FE reserved, no change for me. If Ford just gives us regular black interior I might switch to a Wildtrak as it saves me $2500 and I really like the Sandstone/Black leather and tow package. Plus the savings can go towards the Black Mod Hardtop. Still undecided on waiting for Black mod hardtop. Hopefully Ford can give us dates on late availability, which will help in the decision making. Just don't feel like taking delivery of a MY21 in late December knowing that a MY22 will be out in a few weeks.
Remember that most car manufacturers offer the next year model on the current year. The 2021s have been out for about 5 months for most manufactures, including FORD. So really these are late releases if not half year releases. This means they could lose resale out the gate. That said, I’ve seen these mid/limited runs being awesome and selling for extra, not often, but does happen. Will the FE and other 2021s be these rare beasts? It doesn’t sound like it based on the issues we are hearing.

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Remember that most car manufacturers offer the next year model on the current year. The 2021s have been out for about 5 months for most manufactures, including FORD. So really these are late releases if not half year releases. This means they could lose resale out the gate. That said, I’ve seen these mid/limited runs being awesome and selling for extra, not often, but does happen. Will the FE and other 2021s be these rare beasts? It doesn’t sound like it based on the issues we are hearing.

I am hoping that my day 2 reservation gets me the rare beast....

Reactions: bdawson24

Bobco

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 4, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bowers
Mine went up as many others did. Really need to understand the whole top options list and pricing.... Definitely need the 2.7 auto with the Sas package. Going with WT or OBX. Struggling mightily with the interior color options... Anyone one else conflicted?
I have a Wildtrak slated but the more I look at the interior and the seats the more it looks like old plane seats.I have been going to the MGV and the BL package.You would think Ford would have the sense to offer plain black seats for all packages

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

I have a Wildtrak slated but the more I look at the interior and the seats the more it looks like old plane seats.I have been going to the MGV and the BL package.You would think Ford would have the sense to offer plain black seats for all packages
I feel like the MGV seats should be an option in every model and same with washout interior.

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

I really wanted the Bronco to have more options especially having a manual 6 cyl. I was really disappointed too that mgv was not an option on the base model. I'm ok to wait out the delays but still would like a 21 not a 22. Also wish all the colors would've been available across all trims.

Reactions: Shadowblade