POLL: How has B&P Pricing Changes Affected Your Build?

B&P was updated with pricing for the 10-Speed Automatic and Advanced 4x4. How has this affected your

• My Bronco's price went up.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • My Bronco's price went down.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Bronco's price stayed the same.

Votes: 43 24.9%

• Total voters

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Maybe I missed this somewhere but why is the dual top modular body colored hard top plus black soft top $100 bucks cheaper than just the black modular hard top? On a badlands 4 door build.
I think it's a typo on the descriptions. If you look at the "Explorer this model" on the Ford website but do not go into build and price, it shows under exterior options 5 roof options for most trim levels.
1 Soft Top
2 MIC (Mold in color) Hard Top
3 Modular Black Hard top
4 Dual Tops - MIC Hard top plus soft top
5 Dual Tops - Modular black hard top plus soft top.

I think the $100 cheaper than Black Mod top dual top option that is listed as Modular body colored painted hard top is supposed to be MIC Hard top plus soft top. Then the options in the B&P align with what is listed in the "Explore this model" options. It makes no sense that the Modular top with a soft top costs less than a modular top by itself.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I think it's a typo on the descriptions. If you look at the "Explorer this model" on the Ford website but do not go into build and price, it shows under exterior options 5 roof options for most trim levels.
1 Soft Top
2 MIC (Mold in color) Hard Top
3 Modular Black Hard top
4 Dual Tops - MIC Hard top plus soft top
5 Dual Tops - Modular black hard top plus soft top.

I think the $100 cheaper than Black Mod top dual top option that is listed as Modular body colored painted hard top is supposed to be MIC Hard top plus soft top. Then the options in the B&P align with what is listed in the "Explore this model" options. It makes no sense that the Modular top with a soft top costs less than a modular top by itself.
Ahhh, that makes sense. Good detective work.

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Mine went up. Definitely thinking of other options again. Anyone thought the modular hardtop price is wrong? Same price for the 2 and 4 door... I’m questioning everything about the prices now. Maybe I’m just cheap, but I’m starting to have a hard time shelling out nearly $60,000 for a first year vehicle sight unseen. I’m afraid there will be better options in three or four years and possible deep discounts when orders hit sustainable levels.
Ford, thanks for making me rethink my mid-life crisis. Lol

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Mine went up. Definitely thinking of other options again. Anyone thought the modular hardtop price is wrong? Same price for the 2 and 4 door... I’m questioning everything about the prices now. Maybe I’m just cheap, but I’m starting to have a hard time shelling out nearly $60,000 for a first year vehicle sight unseen. I’m afraid there will be better options in three or four years and possible deep discounts when orders hit sustainable levels.
Ford, thanks for making me rethink my mid-life crisis. Lol
Yep, getting to that point too. I never envisioned that I would be buying a 60K vehicle and this is my post-midlife crisis vehicle.
Initially my wife said "It won't be $60,000 will it?". I just laughed her and said no way! Now I may have to eat my words. :rolleyes:

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Yep, getting to that point too. I never envisioned that I would be buying a 60K vehicle and this is my post-midlife crisis vehicle.
Initially my wife said "It won't be $60,000 will it?". I just laughed her and said no way! Now I may have to eat my words. :rolleyes:
Yeah my wife has become quite upset by the situation.:(

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Wow just did a quick build on both the badlands and Wildtrack V6 auto Sasquatch w trailer and hard top. The Wildtrack is $3290 cheaper. This Wildtrack is only $1495 more than my BL, MT high pkg no squatch build. Man I am glad I really want a MT because these options give you a lot to think about.

Advocate III

Sep 13, 2020
Murfreesboro, TN, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Boyd
Member #

We are a little lost how these "oops" on the delayed B&P havent been noticed or fixed for a month. These allowed interested buyers to only get upset or feel baited when these website issues are brought to light.
The B&P is still a mess.. Does Ford need someone other than a intern to set the site up?

Our Bronco went up and its not a deal breaker just yet.

Wait till they have set us up for the Jan ordering and then we get the Mike tweet of oops again its going to be 1500 more again..

I feel like these issues should have been corrected a week after B&P launch not now

Cooknn

Rank V

Don't delete

Nov 28, 2020
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Cook
Member #

My Badlands build went from $53K to $55K roughly. I played with Outer Banks previously, but the build I’d need to steal me away from BL was $55K. Now that they’re both the same, OBX is my new choice and I get Sasquatch, Tube Steps and beautiful interior colors that actually play well together.

The Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Dark Space Gray & Navy Pier Seats should go nicely with AMB and Carbonized Gray on the exterior. Really glad this happened. Yeah it’s more money out of pocket, but I’m super excited to place this order in January.

Attachments

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I was playing around with adding the Sasquatch Pkg to the different trim levels I was considering (Base,BD,BL) and saw them all go up due to the additional $1600 charge for the auto. I will get a manual so hopefully this can be subtracted but who knows. Either way, not a deal breaker for me.

However, the other issue I noticed and I believe @David noted in his spreadsheet was adding the Squatch on Base and BD was inflating the final add on price more than the additional charge for the auto. The listed cost for Squatch has not changed so not sure where the extra cost is being added from, hopefully glitch vs jacking Squatch cost up. If this holds I will likely move up to BL vs BD or Base due to the proximity in price. Guess we will wait and see once B&P is corrected and/updated.

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

I have reserved a 4D FE, but have been toying with a BL of basically the same build. Thing is you can’t do the exact same options with the B&P for a BL as you can an FE. What’s odder is there are things like the Brush Guard on the 4D BL can’t be added with the 2.7L, but that’s okay, it comes standard on the FE. These are the bugs that tell me that Ford either doesn’t do any Testing, have a Tester worth their salary, or (much like my office) the Tester isn’t allowed to do their job because of red tape. This reflects poorly on the company, pisses off buyers like me, many others I see here, AND worst of all my wife (and all ya’lls too).

I like several others have said, I’d never thought I’d spend 60k on a truck or car. I did one time before and loved the vehicle, but it screwed me in the long run. All these issues with B&P, delays, and comments about trying to get it right are starting to pile up in my mind. I’m not against Ford, I’ve always thought of their truck line as the best of the American if not all truck lines... But I’m really worried this first year release could be a disaster...

Execution still seems bad overall. They delayed the order process very last minute, and B&P is still this messed up. Delaying this to January doesn’t seem like enough time. I’m betting we get either another delay, or the options we thought from B&P are very off.

An interesting find, check out the pic, notice that is talks about not being available with the slide out tailgate, which you can’t order - so not sure why it matters.
1608862841022.jpeg

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Nothing changed. Oddly enough, I wasn't expecting to get a free transmission upgrade, especially since we've known the price of the AT for a while now.

Though if the MIC + soft top are available in a dual top option, and it's $1750 or whatever, I'll probably get that. But only if it's not late availability.

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Mine went up as many others did. Really need to understand the whole top options list and pricing.... Definitely need the 2.7 auto with the Sas package. Going with WT or OBX. Struggling mightily with the interior color options... Anyone one else conflicted?
You hit the nail on the head here my friend. For me I'm between Badlands and WildTrack. I want a body-color top which may drive what color I decide on. I wish the top would stop disappearing when anything but the MIC hard top is selected, that I could get the body color top without a softtop and that MGV in black with wash out floors was a Wildtrack option to the cloth. Before it was more about the swaybar disconnect in the Badlands, but now the decision is more interior based since I really don't want leather and the WT cloth looks more like bad discount auto part store seat covers. If I have to have leather then I would like the OBX leather options in the WT. I like the painted mirrors and door handles on the WT than the constantly needing coating for the Badlands unfinished handles and mirrors. Our sun here kills things and the dressing only lasted between washing with the rain we have here. The Badlands was easier to stomach when the prices was lower(about $2800), but not so much now (about $1K difference). At that difference I could order the handles and mirrors. With MGV the much more optioned WT (Sound deadening and running boards)would be $1500 less than the Badlands. I would guess this is about the cost of the swaybar disconnect system retail. I guess what I really want is a Badtrack meaning the MGV interior and swaybar disconnect from the BL, and the rest of the vehicles all WT with the body-colored top.

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

You hit the nail on the head here my friend. For me I'm between Badlands and WildTrack. I want a body-color top which may drive what color I decide on. I wish the top would stop disappearing when anything but the MIC hard top is selected, that I could get the body color top without a softtop and that MGV in black with wash out floors was a Wildtrack option to the cloth. Before it was more about the swaybar disconnect in the Badlands, but now the decision is more interior based since I really don't want leather and the WT cloth looks more like bad discount auto part store seat covers. If I have to have leather then I would like the OBX leather options in the WT. I like the painted mirrors and door handles on the WT than the constantly needing coating for the Badlands unfinished handles and mirrors. Our sun here kills things and the dressing only lasted between washing with the rain we have here. The Badlands was easier to stomach when the prices was lower(about $2800), but not so much now (about $1K difference). At that difference I could order the handles and mirrors. With MGV the much more optioned WT (Sound deadening and running boards)would be $1500 less than the Badlands. I would guess this is about the cost of the swaybar disconnect system retail. I guess what I really want is a Badtrack meaning the MGV interior and swaybar disconnect from the BL, and the rest of the vehicles all WT with the body-colored top.
The $ increase made me look at the WT too, but the WT is a couple thousand higher given my changes. I think Ford May have priced me out of buying one for now. Too many options I am not satisfied with overall. Washout feature of the badlands and swaybar disconnect from the badlands and painted mirrors/ handles from WT is what I really like. $$ has me hostage now.