Points Made by Dealer & Happy Cinco de Mayo

Howdy
May 05, 2021

Rank XII

May 05, 2021

Via e-mail my Ford dealer delivered a few points:
  • 10% of this dealership's allocation have received June 2021 build notifications from Ford.
  • The chip shortage is real and is causing industry havoc. Inventory levels are the lowest seen in at least two decades. The dealership is being told that Ford is doing everything they can to move supplies across the country so that Bronco will build as scheduled for 2021.
  • Those that don't get an email regarding a June build WILL receive an email from Ford sometime during the month of May with their specific Bronco scheduled build date.
  • As of yesterday, the dealership was being told that the plant slow downs and microchip shortages WILL NOT effect Bronco productions; and were further told that the dealership will get their full allocation total for 2021.
  • Dealership was told that more VINs WILL get scheduled next week.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all my Bronco Nation friends:
What a fantastic day to celebrate the underdog (Battle of Puebla), Hispanic heritage & a cold, salt-rimmed beverage of choice. Cheers! Fiesta! :D​
SlashRacer, Sven
Last edited by a moderator: May 05, 2021

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

My dealer basically said the same thing, that the chips won't impact the Bronco. When I asked why the chip shortage will impact all vehicles but the Bronco the answer was Ford really wants to get them out. When I asked about the F-series trucks being the largest profit for Ford, the response was yeah, they are, but Ford doesn't have any chips. Well, the dealer is sure they will push the Broncos out, but also confirms Ford doesn't have the chips to make it happen for any of their vehicles. It's a circular argument; Ford wants to put the Broncos out the fastest, even though there are more profitable vehicles. They need the profits to carry them through the summer/fall slow down, but they don't have the chips to manufacture vehicles. So, they don't have the chips but want to get us our "special" orders.

No parts,
Less profit,
Emotionally charged vehicle.
Higher profits elsewhere,
Yep, you're first up.

Doesn't make sense.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BuzzyBud

Rank XII

May 05, 2021

I hear ya. Ford has to be making many gut-wrenching decisions. The investment decision to reintroduce the Bronco is a commitment for decades; they're in this vehicle sector to win it, not to just dabble in it. The actions taken by Ford to protect this highly anticipated and top profile Bronco launch certainly have Catch-22 implications on profits, perhaps cannibalizing market share of other Ford models and a whole host of other issues. Looking from the outside, I think they're trying hard to get it right.
matwats, TEEDEE

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

My dealer basically said the same thing, that the chips won't impact the Bronco. When I asked why the chip shortage will impact all vehicles but the Bronco the answer was Ford really wants to get them out. When I asked about the F-series trucks being the largest profit for Ford, the response was yeah, they are, but Ford doesn't have any chips. Well, the dealer is sure they will push the Broncos out, but also confirms Ford doesn't have the chips to make it happen for any of their vehicles. It's a circular argument; Ford wants to put the Broncos out the fastest, even though there are more profitable vehicles. They need the profits to carry them through the summer/fall slow down, but they don't have the chips to manufacture vehicles. So, they don't have the chips but want to get us our "special" orders.

No parts,
Less profit,
Emotionally charged vehicle.
Higher profits elsewhere,
Yep, you're first up.

Doesn't make sense.

I agree the current “spin” regarding Broncos and chip supplies seems questionable. Perhaps dealers would like all potential Bronco owners to believe we are somehow much more "special" than potential owners of F150, F250 or F350. Not sure that explains the current situation.

I am hearing a different “spin”. Back when the Bronco reservation volume went through the roof in July 2020, buyers began locating chips and stocked up a truck load. The other Ford vehicle buyers had no way for knowing a chip shortage was coming and no reservation system to determine future orders. They continued with a Just-In-Time order system.

It is possible that not all chips are interchangeable, so Bronco is rewarded for using the reservation system to aid in chip buying. This “spin” makes more sense to me. Of course, we are no longer “special” if you believe this approach. ;)
SlashRacer, Giggles

Rank V

May 05, 2021

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

@Howdy Joseph Heller's Catch-22 is one of my favorite books. If you ever want to talk Catch-22 let me know!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Howdy

Wank ER

May 05, 2021

I do not get this big thing about chips. They are literally everywhere. Some are big and some are little. I like mine salted. I hear most come out of Idaho and they are pretty much back to normal. Why the production slow down?

1620253265197.png
2021 FE Cactus Grey
SlashRacer, Sdakotabronco
OBXBroncoGuy

May 06, 2021

Happy hump day