Phone charge pad

jossman
May 05, 2022

Rank III

May 05, 2022

Anyone have experience with phone charge pad?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: May 05, 2022

Rank VI

May 05, 2022

I installed this one from Amazon. I use it with my iPhone 11 Pro Max and it works great… until you need to charge and use any apps related to gps in CarPlay. It seems it is not powerful enough to charge and run gps, so the location in the app tends to freeze up. I will be looking for other options but, for now, it does the job.

Not sure what application you will be using one in, but hope that helps

Attachments

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120

Rank III

May 05, 2022

Thanks.Will use for charging mainly as do not run any apps as a rule.

Rank II

May 06, 2022

I thiought I remember seeing some Broncos have a built-in phone charging pad. Anyone have one?
2022 Velocity Blue Black Diamond with Steelies

Road trip!!!

May 06, 2022

I thiought I remember seeing some Broncos have a built-in phone charging pad. Anyone have one?
Any bronco with the LUX package has the built in charge pad. I have it in my badlands.

I rarely use it as my phone is mounted on a picatinny rail and plugged into a USB port so I can use Apple CarPlay.

When I was using it, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left my phone on the charge pad and had to go back to get it after I left the vehicle.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

May 06, 2022

LUX has it, not sure how useful since mine will be up to see it
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TexasFlusher

Rank V

May 06, 2022

I haven to been impressed with the pre-installed charging pad.
I wanted a wireless ecosystem, but have found my Iphone overheats rather quickly (yes, I have a magsafe case).

The pad itself will be extremely hot to the touch.
2021 WildTrak, SAS, Lux, MIC, Area 51
TexasFlusher