Paint vs. Vinyl Dip vs. Powder Coating MIC Hard Top

mrsstingfish
Apr 14, 2021

Rank I

Apr 14, 2021

Has anyone explored the best way to modify the MIC hard top? It comes gray and I'm interested in a white top but didn't want to wait for 2022 model. :)
Outer Banks * 2 Door * Cactus Gray
Commodore, Bike007b
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2021

Libations MOD

Apr 14, 2021

Has anyone explored the best way to modify the MIC hard top? It comes gray and I'm interested in a white top but didn't want to wait for 2022 model. :)
Search this topic has been beaten like a dead horse. It's going to require serious man-hours to get the smooth surface required.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Commodore, Bike007b

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

It would probably just be easier to wait and pay the extra shipping cost for a white MOD top when they become available.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Commodore, Bschurr

Rank V

Apr 14, 2021

I've looked into it they say they are not paintable I also hear that wrapping doesn't work either, so I think I'll wait till next year and buy whit roof separately
Commodore

Rank VI

Apr 14, 2021

Forgetaboutit...
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Commodore

Rank I

Apr 14, 2021

Thank you! I am not surprised others had the same question. I can live with it until a white top comes out if I have to.
Commodore, Bike007b

Rank VI

Apr 22, 2021

I like the white top also. Hey I think it looks good with the cactus grey and would be a little cooler in Las Vegas.
Commodore, SlashRacer

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 22, 2021

The only thing I would think would adhere to the top would be plastidip. But I can't imagine how many cans it would take. And it probably would not hold up very well. Best option, as was already said, is to wait it out.
Commodore, Bike007b

Rank I

Apr 22, 2021

The only thing I would think would adhere to the top would be plastidip. But I can't imagine how many cans it would take. And it probably would not hold up very well. Best option, as was already said, is to wait it out.

Thank you! I also really like the soft tops but, will just make-do initially and see what options or products become available.
Commodore

Rank VI

Apr 22, 2021

What about like a white Rhino liner coating.
Commodore, ABQNMBronco

Rank I

Apr 28, 2021

What about like a white Rhino liner coating.
That gives me something to consider. Thank you!
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

Apparently order the MIC top pushes you to the back of the line anyhow. Can always switch to a '22 in May if you get a late build date when/if Ford updates the rest of us. If you are not getting what you want and you are waiting till November/December anyhow switch to '22. I'm probably switching myself if the delivery is scheduled for past the beginning of October.

That being said, Rhino coating will work if you are ok with the texture.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Commodore, OddMackey