Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 10, 2021
2275 Mustang Chase Drive, Carmel, Indiana 46074, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Roudebush
Yeah I reserved the WT 4 door . . . only hesitation was the interior. I spent far too many hours building an OBX to as close to the WT as I could just so I could have this interior . . . which actually ended up being a touch over 60k . . . at the end of the day I stuck with the WT having faith that the Sandstone will be okay!! Do really like BOTH of the OBX (leather) interior options a lot though!!
I did the same thing. I wanted the roast leather interior and built the Outer Banks up to a nearly $60,000 vehicle.
Just changed my WT to OBX Sasquatch Lux just to get roast Leather Interior. Glad I’m not the only crazy one.

jroudebu

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 10, 2021
2275 Mustang Chase Drive, Carmel, Indiana 46074, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Roudebush
Yeah I reserved the WT 4 door . . . only hesitation was the interior. I spent far too many hours building an OBX to as close to the WT as I could just so I could have this interior . . . which actually ended up being a touch over 60k . . . at the end of the day I stuck with the WT having faith that the Sandstone will be okay!! Do really like BOTH of the OBX (leather) interior options a lot though!!
I did the same thing. I wanted the roast leather interior and built the Outer Banks up to a nearly $60,000 vehicle.
Just changed my WT to OBX Sasquatch Lux just to get roast Leather Interior. Glad I’m not the only crazy one.

Attachments

DeepCreek

Rank V

Supporter II

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

I'm sticking with the Roast, one of the top reasons I went with the OBX. Lighting/angles can be deceiving and give a different appearance. Also, at this point it is likely that these are still early production run vehicles for testing (crash, MPG) so they are using up all available parts. I would be very surprised if the assembly line has cranked up this early to produce anything that would be released for general public sale. I'm sure there are some exceptions like the FE being auctioned off which will get close attention to be perfect.

Reactions: Soupcook

HerBronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 31, 2021
South Dakota
First Name
Jaimie
Last Name
Raymond
Gosh... anyone think the dashboard is able to be wrapped with carbon fiber? Just don't think the bronze is cohesive with the interior.

HerBronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 31, 2021
South Dakota
First Name
Jaimie
Last Name
Raymond
Why do you do it Ford? The bright blue trim on the vents and handels should be painted to match the exterior paint color.
Absolutely agree! should match the exterior paint job of choice... or simply MIC to match the other details of the bronco design.

HerBronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 31, 2021
South Dakota
First Name
Jaimie
Last Name
Raymond
100% agree that color trim has no business being in there
RIGHT! And I feel like with details being super customizable, this should be an option we can choose as a consumer. Not by a interior designer because they thought it looked cool. just sayin...

Soupcook

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Stitch color is clearly a 1st World problem. I'm confident I won't even notice the stitching and appreciate the blue with the Outer Banks ocean reference. Although Ford is going way out on a limb with the customizations, they are not building one-offs for everyone. There are trade offs and the color of the stitching is pretty far down the list of concerns I have for a vehicle I have never touched.

HerBronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 31, 2021
South Dakota
First Name
Jaimie
Last Name
Raymond
Stitch color is clearly a 1st World problem. I'm confident I won't even notice the stitching and appreciate the blue with the Outer Banks ocean reference. Although Ford is going way out on a limb with the customizations, they are not building one-offs for everyone. There are trade offs and the color of the stitching is pretty far down the list of concerns I have for a vehicle I have never touched.
Great points. Everyone has their preference. And it's obvious they wouldn't make details down to stitching and interior accents customized for everyone because that is asking tremendous attention to detail for mass production. The observation was "constructive critique" and there are many ways to alter these detials once the owner has the vehicle.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Hey I mean the Blue is apart of my company logo colors so Ford just made it that much easier for me to tell my tax lady it's a business vehicle, write it off. Look at the stitching duh LOL

CUPRA

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 14, 2021
Texas
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Gaff
That’s pretty much what we did. If the Badlands would have had the Roast option, I’d have gone that way. But OBX with Roast is where we ended up.