Our friend and amazing trail guide needs help

Squatchin'
Aug 25, 2021

Rank I

Aug 25, 2021

I hope this is allowed in this forum. Our good friend and Off-Rodeo trail guide Jon Van Wagoner needs our help. Jon was a trail guide at the Texas site while awaiting the Vegas site to open. I had the privilege of having Jon as my guide on two separate occasions in Texas and quickly became friends. Jon is currently fighting for his life in ICU in Idaho fighting this terrible Covid virus. Jon has a wife and 4 young children. Any help is appreciated. Even if you can just spread the word or send up a quick prayer. Thank you.
https://gofund.me/33f6d136
Shadowblade, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021

Libations MOD

Aug 25, 2021

Thoughts and prayers Jon
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank III

Aug 25, 2021

Praying for Jon and his family.
Bronc96, LagoCJ

No Ragerts

Aug 25, 2021

Never met Jon but happy to help with a donation. Sending good vibes for a full recovery!

@Squatchin' - do you know if he was vaccinated and this was a breakthrough or was he unvaxed?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronc96, LagoCJ

Rank I

Aug 25, 2021

Never met Jon but happy to help with a donation. Sending good vibes for a full recovery!

@Squatchin' - do you know if he was vaccinated and this was a breakthrough or was he unvaxed?
I do not know that. I just know that he was so very excited to be going to the Vegas site so he could be with his family. Thank you for helping.
LagoCJ

Road trip!!!

Aug 25, 2021

I donated to the fund.

My wife and I both had covid. Fortunately, neither of us ended up in ICU.

Prayers for John and his family.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank V

Aug 25, 2021

Thanks for letting the community know, @Squatchin' . Jonny was one of my trail guides when I was in Austin last month. My family is happy to donate.
2022 4-Door Area 51 Badlands Sasquatch Soft Top 2.3L Auto & Lux
Bronc96, Steve777468

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Aug 25, 2021

I had the pleasure of getting to know and guiding with Jon for three months at the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Texas. I'm shocked to hear this news, and wish him and his family the best. Hang in there Jon! Hope to see you on the trails again soon!
Bronc96, Rgwinn

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 25, 2021

The fact that Jon is intubated in ICU means that he was not vaccinated.
I am sorry to see Jon in such dire straits and I really hope that he is able to fight his way back to health.
Jon's story is one that underlines the need for everyone to please get vaccinated.
Though I have not met Jon, I will happily donate to his fund...
Paleos, Calgecko

Rank II

Aug 25, 2021

The fact that Jon is intubated in ICU means that he was not vaccinated.
I am sorry to see Jon in such dire straits and I really hope that he is able to fight his way back to health.
Jon's story is one that underlines the need for everyone to please get vaccinated.
Though I have not met Jon, I will happily donate to his fund...

Martin Luther - 500 years ago.....

Therefore I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. … See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.

GET VACCINATED - Put an end to stories like these.
Paleos, Calgecko

Rank I

Aug 25, 2021

Martin Luther - 500 years ago.....

Therefore I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. … See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.

GET VACCINATED - Put an end to stories like these.
I pray that Jon improves. I have no idea if he was vaccinated or not. Given the severity of his condition the odds would suggest he wasn't. There are many reasons people can't or won't get the shot. While I personally feel that people should get it I don't want to see this post turn into a vax debate. Please be respectful of the situation. I hope Jon can read these posts soon and can see the support he has in this community. These stories are truly heart breaking. Stories like this are what convinced me to get vaccinated. If this story can help others stay safe then it would be a great positive coming out of a bad situation. Please stay safe and healthy.
cindylou, Bronc96

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Aug 25, 2021

...I don't want to see this post turn into a vax debate. Please be respectful of the situation....
My thoughts exactly, thank you. This isn't the time or place for judgement, criticism, or debate.

Wishing Jon and his family well!
20210504_095643.jpg
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank I

Aug 26, 2021

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Bronc96, LagoCJ

Rank VI

Aug 26, 2021

This is truly why creating a community of people with a shared interest or experience can make a big picture difference in the world. Thoughts and prayers to Jon and his family!
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Shadowblade, Bronc96

Rank I

Aug 26, 2021

Update on Jon. His wife reported last night that its been 2 full days since he went on the vent and not too much has changed. His oxygen levels are steady and they have even been able to decrease the vent assist slightly. Labs look good. She says that he will even raise his eyebrows when she talks to him. These are small victories and there are many more hurdles to overcome. She is overwhelmed by the love and support shown to Jon and her. Please keep them in your prayers and I will update when I know more.
Steve777468, TK1215

Libations MOD

Aug 26, 2021

Thanks for the update!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TorgSurv, Laura

Gladesmen

Aug 26, 2021

We are all pulling for your speedy recovery Jon, keep up the fight.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TorgSurv, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 26, 2021

I hope this is allowed in this forum. Our good friend and Off-Rodeo trail guide Jon Van Wagoner needs our help. Jon was a trail guide at the Texas site while awaiting the Vegas site to open. I had the privilege of having Jon as my guide on two separate occasions in Texas and quickly became friends. Jon is currently fighting for his life in ICU in Idaho fighting this terrible Covid virus. Jon has a wife and 4 young children. Any help is appreciated. Even if you can just spread the word or send up a quick prayer. Thank you.
https://gofund.me/33f6d136
Can you let me know privately who told you this?
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank I

Aug 27, 2021

Can you let me know privately who told you this?
I will tell you publicly. I texted back and forth with Jon himself over the weekend while he was in the hospital. Then his wife posted on FB about him going on a vent Monday. The lady who started the GoFund is a close family friend.
Bronc96, TorgSurv

Rank I

Aug 27, 2021

Update from Jon's wife. Day 5 in ICU, day 18 in the hospital. Still on the vent but vitals are holding steady. Just trying to get his lungs to heal enough to breath on his own. She was very thankful for the hospital staff, the many prayers, words of encouragement and the generous donations. She said "There are no words to even subscribe how much your love, support and prayers have carried me through this hell that is our life right now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you".
LR48, Bronc96