Ordering for 2022

Bonnie6G
Sep 10, 2021

Rank VI

Sep 10, 2021

I think I know the answer here, but would like confirmation. If one has a current order in for a ‘21, do they have to re-order for the ‘22? If so, when is that order window open?
Bike007b
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2021

Rank VI

Sep 11, 2021

My understanding is yes we do have to reorder. And it will be soon, I have been told by my dealer it will be in October. Will be a my22.
I am hoping a white roof is available. That would make the wait a lot easier to take.

I am a little concerned about pricing an options changing. Not sure what the rub will be there. I think only Ford knows that answer.

Rank V

Sep 11, 2021

I think I know the answer here, but would like confirmation. If one has a current order in for a ‘21, do they have to re-order for the ‘22? If so, when is that order window open?
Yes, you have to place another order for 2022 model and order banks should open in October. Per Ford your price is locked in and will not increase if you ordered by cutoff date of March I believe.
[O=••••=O]
KennyMac

Rank VI

Sep 11, 2021

Yes, you have to place another order for 2022 model and order banks should open in October. Per Ford your price is locked in and will not increase if you ordered by cutoff date of March I believe.
[/QUOTE
I believe the cutoff date was March 30. Also, painted tops, known as MOD tops will not be offered until 2023.
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 11, 2021

My understanding is yes we do have to reorder. And it will be soon, I have been told by my dealer it will be in October. Will be a my22.
I am hoping a white roof is available. That would make the wait a lot easier to take.

I am a little concerned about pricing an options changing. Not sure what the rub will be there. I think only Ford knows that answer.
According to the many "We're sorry" emails that I have received. If you placed your order between Jan and March 2021 they would honor 2021 pricing. So if you were an early order placer you wont need to worry about a price increase...so we are told.
7/14/20 Res placed
1/23/21 Order confirmed.
3/22/22 Build Date 4Dr. Wildtrak, Velocity Blue, Squatch, LUX, Hardtop. The 3 sins....
KennyMac

Rank IV

Sep 11, 2021

According to the many "We're sorry" emails that I have received. If you placed your order between Jan and March 2021 they would honor 2021 pricing. So if you were an early order placer you wont need to worry about a price increase...so we are told.

I placed my order on Sept 6th 2021. I have received my Order Confired email from Ford but I have not received any emails about having to reorder… I am new to this process, any explaination or suggestions would be appreciated. I find myself getting lost in the “what’s next” and “how long” of it all.
2021 Bronco - Big Bend - 2.7L - Mid - Velocity Blue - Tube Step - Aux Switches

Rank V

Sep 11, 2021

For those of us who placed a reservation nearly a year ago, we may soon experience some excitement.......again :) Hopefully for the final time !!!!!
Sdakotabronco, KennyMac

Rank III

Sep 11, 2021

I placed my order in 7/21 and contacted my dealer a month ago, he stated thorat my price is still locked in even though I ordered after March 21. I will have to change my order to a MY22. I will lose my Rapid Red since I don't have a Vin# though.
Wildtrak, HOSS 3.0, Race Red, 4 DR, Lux, Leather, Tow, Mod Bumper, MIC Top, Res 7/1/21, Order Confirmed 10/18/21

Rank V

Sep 11, 2021

So.......even though we've ALREADY:

1. Made a reservation and put money down

2. Placed an order and paid a deposit

3. Have waited....and waited.....and waited....

4. ...and waited some more.....

5. Watched dealers get deliveries of Broncos with exactly the same equipment as the one we ordered, while we don't even have a build date yet.....

6. Wondered what in the hell Ford was sniffing when they decided not to offer the 2 door with a soft top option from the start

7. Wonder what in the hell Ford is STILL sniffing since they continue not to offer a soft top for the 2 door, while thousands of Broncos sit on Dirt Mountain with bad hard tops...

Now you're telling us, after all the crap we've been through, all the shit we've put up with.... Ford wants us to order it AGAIN? I don't f*cking think so. I don't want to order a '22.
Ford has my reservation, and my order, and my deposit. I want my '21 Bronco. I don't want a poster, or a hammock, or a bunch of "gee sorry, your Bronco is delayed again" emails.

Seriously, I'm starting to think the whole "Bronco launch" is actually just a marketing experiment to see how much SHIT people will put up with. There's a couple guys in a conference room somewhere, with a big bottle of Jack Daniels, and they're plastered, lounging around, having a blast and laughing their asses off while coming up with new excuses:

Guy #1 "Heeyyyy, I know - we'll say there's a......shortage of......uhhh.......CHIPS!"
Guy #2 (With a drunk, confused look on his face) - "You mean like.....Doritos?"
They all laugh
Guy #3 (not quite as much in the bag in the other two, but he's getting there) "oh, oh, no..like computer chips! Yeah, I getcha.....OK"
a few seconds go by
Guy #2" ..and, uh, engines. Yeah, the V6. ....and maybe the uh...the whadya call it....with the big tires......the Squash-something?"
The other snort and spew their drinks, laugh so hard they fall out of their chairs, #2 looks annoyed, then can't help and laughs too
Guy#1 (once he gets his breath back and can speak) "The SQUASH-SOMETHING! YEAH!"
They all go into another laughing fit, tears streaming down their faces
After a few minutes, they struggle to their feet, clumsily pick up their chairs, and sit down in them again
Guy #3 "and then.....and then.....after that....we'll have problems with............uh, maybe the roofs?"
Guy #1 (looks thoughtful) "Hmmm, maybe. You think we could make that work?"
Guy#2 "Shit, they believed when we said they couldn't get the stick shift with the V6, didn't they? They'll believe ANYTHING!"

Life is a Highway

Sep 11, 2021

5. Watched dealers get deliveries of Broncos with exactly the same equipment as the one we ordered, while we don't even have a build date yet.....

6. Wondered what in the hell Ford was sniffing when they decided not to offer the 2 door with a soft top option from the start

7. Wonder what in the hell Ford is STILL sniffing since they continue not to offer a soft top for the 2 door, while thousands of Broncos sit on Dirt Mountain with bad hard tops...

Now you're telling us, after all the crap we've been through, all the shit we've put up with.... Ford wants us to order it AGAIN? I don't f*cking think so. I don't want to order a '22.
Ford has my reservation, and my order, and my deposit. I want my '21 Bronco. I don't want a poster, or a hammock, or a bunch of "gee sorry, your Bronco is delayed again" emails.

Seriously, I'm starting to think the whole "Bronco launch" is actually just a marketing experiment to see how much SHIT people will put up with. There's a couple guys in a conference room somewhere, with a big bottle of Jack Daniels, and they're plastered, lounging around, having a blast and laughing their asses off while coming up with new excuses:

Guy #1 "Heeyyyy, I know - we'll say there's a......shortage of......uhhh.......CHIPS!"
They all laugh
Guy #3 (not quite as much in the bag in the other two, but he's getting there) "oh, oh, no..like computer chips! Yeah, I getcha.....OK"
a few seconds go by
Guy #2" ..and, uh, engines. Yeah, the V6. ....and maybe the uh...the whadya call it....with the big tires......the Squash-something?"
The other snort and spew their drinks, laugh so hard they fall out of their chairs, #2 looks annoyed, then can't help and laughs too
Guy#1 (once he gets his breath back and can speak) "The SQUASH-SOMETHING! YEAH!"
After a few minutes, they struggle to their feet, clumsily pick up their chairs, and sit down in them again
Guy #3 "and then.....and then.....after that....we'll have problems with............uh, maybe the roofs?"
Guy#2 "Shit, they believed when we said they couldn't get the stick shift with the V6, didn't they? They'll believe ANYTHING!"
Well unless you have an early reservation, ordered a soft top, don’t have any constrained items and they get down to your number, your getting a MY 22. I didn’t place my reservation until October last year, so I new right from the get go it was probably a MY 22. And that was before the constraints. I think we need to set up a destruction room where all the pissed off people can break shit with a bat. Apparently it will be a long line. $25 a head. Hopefully covers all the TV’s, mirrors ,windows and baseball bats. plus a tidy profit for me. Pay at the door
BroncoUp, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Sep 11, 2021

I ordered early august 21, my dealer just told me (last week) my price was locked in and that my 21 order will automatically carry over to 22, no further action needed just wait.

Of course everyone on here seems to say My price is not locked in since my order was after March, and that I will need to place a new 22 order regardless. Only time will tell

I had an earlier reservation, but my original dealer was shit so I cut my losses and bailed, but unfortunately I lost my reservation # in the process.
KennyMac

Rank VI

Sep 11, 2021

I doubt they will be making a molded in color white roof for 22. That would look terrible.

Painted hard tops are starting in the 23MY, which is where we will be seeing white tops.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Sep 11, 2021

I doubt they will be making a molded in color white roof for 22. That would look terrible.

Painted hard tops are starting in the 23MY, which is where we will be seeing white tops.

The issue at had is like the “Capable” bumper. Things change, options change every year. We do not know what each package has on it until we order our my22.
What if the my22 BD comes with the ability to get the high package. What if the mid package has B&O speakers now? How does that do to pricing?
We will maybe know next month until then it’s one more question mark!

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 12, 2021

They all laugh
a few seconds go by
Overreact much?
If there are different options and colors, what other choice is there but to place another order?
If you don't have any changes, just tell your salesman to duplicate your same trim and options.
What the hell is so tough about that?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
DeepCreek, KennyMac

Rank V

Sep 12, 2021

Well unless you have an early reservation, ordered a soft top, don’t have any constrained items and they get down to your number, your getting a MY 22. I didn’t place my reservation until October last year, so I new right from the get go it was probably a MY 22. And that was before the constraints. I think we need to set up a destruction room where all the pissed off people can break shit with a bat. Apparently it will be a long line. $25 a head. Hopefully covers all the TV’s, mirrors ,windows and baseball bats. plus a tidy profit for me. Pay at the door
My wife had a business idea to do just that a few years ago, I thought it was a cool idea, but looking into overhead and such, I figured it would cost at least $40+ a head and we never did it. Now with this Bronco launch, I bet order holders would be all over it!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 12, 2021

I ordered early august 21, my dealer just told me (last week) my price was locked in and that my 21 order will automatically carry over to 22, no further action needed just wait.

Of course everyone on here seems to say My price is not locked in since my order was after March, and that I will need to place a new 22 order regardless. Only time will tell

I had an earlier reservation, but my original dealer was shit so I cut my losses and bailed, but unfortunately I lost my reservation # in the process.
Yeah, the Ford price protection promise was your MSRP would not change as long as you ordered before the March cutoff. I never for a minute thought Ford could handle the logistics if different MSRPs for the same vehicle dependent on order date. Surely all MY22s will cost the same regardless of your order date, right?
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow