Order Submitted - Email received from Ford, but Reservation is not updated on Ford site....

LSUJay
Feb 19, 2021

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

Order Submitted - Email received from Ford, but Reservation is not updated on Ford site....

I placed my order last week and received confirmation from Ford to my email that the order was confirmed, but my reservation has not updated to "Order Placed"

Both the order and my Ford.com account used the same email address for me.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I've reached out to Ford customer service and they said the dealership needs to marry my order with the reservation, but the dealer is saying there is no where to put the reservation number on the order.

Can anyone help me? I don't want to lose my place in line after placing the reservation.

Thanks

Attachments

Georgedroukas
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

I placed my order last week and received confirmation from Ford to my email that the order was confirmed, but my reservation has not updated to "Order Placed"

I've reached out to Ford customer service and they said the dealership needs to marry my order with the reservation, but the dealer is saying there is no where to put the reservation number on the order.

Can anyone help me? I don't want to lose my place in line after placing the reservation.

Thanks

This is happening to everyone they are picking up orders mid March. Once they pick up the orders then it will update on there.
GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!, LSUJay

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

This is happening to everyone they are picking up orders mid March. Once they pick up the orders then it will update on there.

Thanks for the response - I've been freaking out over this and my dealer doesn't know what to do.

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

Thanks for the response - I've been freaking out over this and my dealer doesn't know what to do.

Most of them don’t just ask for your order preview to verify they put everything you wanted in the order. Then wait impatiently like the rest of us here
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

Most of them don’t just ask for your order preview to verify they put everything you wanted in the order. Then wait impatiently like the rest of us here

In the discussion thread below, it is said that the dealer has a field to complete so that it will update the Ford.com page, so there is something the dealer needs to do for it to show up.

https://community.thebronconation.c...ation-order-acknowledgment-timing.3048/page-2
"I had the same experience. Contacted the dealer. The sales manager looked in to my concerns, made some calls, & found there was a field on the order he wasn’t aware of when we placed the order. He corrected the field that was left blank & tied the order to my “my Ford” reservation. Within an hour the Ford account updated from reservation # to order #. Hope that helps. "
KennyMac, Hobgoblin

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

In the discussion thread below, it is said that the dealer has a field to complete so that it will update the Ford.com page, so there is something the dealer needs to do for it to show up.

https://community.thebronconation.c...ation-order-acknowledgment-timing.3048/page-2
"I had the same experience. Contacted the dealer. The sales manager looked in to my concerns, made some calls, & found there was a field on the order he wasn’t aware of when we placed the order. He corrected the field that was left blank & tied the order to my “my Ford” reservation. Within an hour the Ford account updated from reservation # to order #. Hope that helps. "

I’m definitely calling the dealership tomorrow. That’s what i was told the other day by other members.
LSUJay

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

I had the exact same thing happen. I called Ford, they said it was an issue in the dealer’s end. I called the dealer, they said they can see my order in the system and their screen says, “order has been placed”. I asked for a screen shot of said system and got crickets so I called Ford back and got a similar answer - the problem sits with the dealer. I was just about to call my dealer again when they called me saying that the manager talked to their Ford rep and it seems that somehow “my order got kicked back” and that they would cancel the order and re-do it and I should have a new confirmation within 48hrs. That was yesterday.

@LSUJay - any details on what that field is that they have to fill out? It would likely help my situation.

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

I had the exact same thing happen. I called Ford, they said it was an issue in the dealer’s end. I called the dealer, they said they can see my order in the system and their screen says, “order has been placed”. I asked for a screen shot of said system and got crickets so I called Ford back and got a similar answer - the problem sits with the dealer. I was just about to call my dealer again when they called me saying that the manager talked to their Ford rep and it seems that somehow “my order got kicked back” and that they would cancel the order and re-do it and I should have a new confirmation within 48hrs. That was yesterday.

@LSUJay - any details on what that field is that they have to fill out? It would likely help my situation.

I am going to be contacting my dealer today and hopefully get it figured out on my end.
Bonnie6G

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

Prior to placing my order, I watched the following video regarding the WBDO system. Perhaps you have seen this video? The knowledge I gained helped me guide the dealer through the process since he appeared to be struggling. (I suspect most dealers are struggling.)

Bonnie6G

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

Thanks
What I'm being told by a friend who works a the dealership in my town is Ford is handing off Reservations to the dealership and from there the dealership is "supposed" to place orders according to reservation timestamps. If you have the Email confirming your order your good.

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

What I'm being told by a friend who works a the dealership in my town is Ford is handing off Reservations to the dealership and from there the dealership is "supposed" to place orders according to reservation timestamps. If you have the Email confirming your order your good.
Not necessarily. I got an order preview printout at the dealership showing a 19 priority code. I got an order confirmation email from Ford. However, my account on Ford.com still only shows a reservation and Ford says they have no record of my order.

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

Not necessarily. I got an order preview printout at the dealership showing a 19 priority code. I got an order confirmation email from Ford. However, my account on Ford.com still only shows a reservation and Ford says they have no record of my order.
I'm no expert but sounds like something is wrong there. if you figure it out let us know.

Rank 0

Feb 19, 2021

Hey I just checked and your right. I have and order Number on the Ford sight. Something must be wrong with your order.

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

Forgive me for reviewing what may be obvious, but in situations like this, it can not hurt.

On your pdf printout from WBDO, you should have a customer name and an order code. When speaking to your dealer, it is important that the order code on the printout matches the information for you in WBDO. (My dealer accidentally mixed my order with another customer. We detected the error when we focused on the order code.)
You should ask for another pdf printout and study all of the header fields. Those fields will determine if and how it moves in the system.
We know WBDO has a function button entitled "Submit". After the verification process is complete to your satisfaction, you might request the order be submitted again.
I suspect the order placed by your dealer does not match your reservation number. The steps above may fix that issue.
(Sorry if this is all useless information.)
SlashRacer, LSUJay

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

Forgive me for reviewing what may be obvious, but in situations like this, it can not hurt.

On your pdf printout from WBDO, you should have a customer name and an order code. When speaking to your dealer, it is important that the order code on the printout matches the information for you in WBDO. (My dealer accidentally mixed my order with another customer. We detected the error when we focused on the order code.)
You should ask for another pdf printout and study all of the header fields. Those fields will determine if and how it moves in the system.
We know WBDO has a function button entitled "Submit". After the verification process is complete to your satisfaction, you might request the order be submitted again.
I suspect the order placed by your dealer does not match your reservation number. The steps above may fix that issue.
(Sorry if this is all useless information.)
Thanks for the insight. My order printout does not have an order code. It’s got my name, a priority code, model year, and a price level, but the order code and the rest of the boxes in the upper half of the header boxes are empty. I plan to give my dealer until this afternoon to get back with me. Otherwise I’ll call and see if I can walk them through how to do their job. =].
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

My reservation page says order date and gives me my order number.
BuzzyBud, Pakrat

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

My reservation page says order date and gives me my order number.
That's all mine says at this point. Just says order number ########. Same number as my original reservation number just switched to order.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

my dealer is balking at taking my order because I have an October reservation date. Because it is most probable that I would be pushed to a '22 they don't want to process my order now.
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 19, 2021

my dealer is balking at taking my order because I have an October reservation date. Because it is most probable that I would be pushed to a '22 they don't want to process my order now.
I have a feeling that’s what my dealer is trying to do too. My answer to them is that no one knows right now how the orders and production lines are going to end up. Some people are picking late-availability items, some people are holding their orders till 22 anyway, some are canceling. We have no idea what the final production cadence is going to look like come may. But, you can bet I plan to be in the queue and the fact that I’m gonna spend $60k on this vehicle, the least the dealer can do is click a few buttons to make sure that happens.
SlashRacer, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

I spoke with with my dealer on Wednesday. I assume this is the same for most every dealer in the country, but he says he has been working nonstop to put the orders in the system since 1/19. That's a lot of orders! Anyhow, even though I was the first one put into the system, and I am in the top 10 of the reservation holders by time stamp, and I am definitely in the 2021 allocations, he was not very enthusiastic about my chances about getting my delivery before early fall at the earliest based on what I ordered. Come May when they announce the build schedule I will make the decision to push back to 2022 if I'm not scheduled for a delivery at least by October. I can and will wait because then I will be able to get a few minor things that I can't build into my order right now. My main concern would be pricing increases at that time.

If your dealer is not being helpful shop around. I called all of the dealers within a 2hr drive and they were all very helpful. I told them what my reservation timestamp was and they all were willing to tell me if I would be within their allocations. I fact, I found one that was an hour away and it only had 25 reservations total so every reservation they received would be allocated for 2021. Either way I would find a dealer to get the reservation into an order.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
BuzzyBud