Order is confirmed, deposit paid!! Bring on my Big Bend!

JFoster05
Jan 25, 2021

Rank IV

Jan 25, 2021

Hey everyone,

Who else has put their order in? My local dealership has been awesome to work with so far. They called me to let me know what to do to put my order through and have been following up every step of the way. I got the confirmation from Ford that my order has been placed. Now the hard part....waiting. My build wasn't anything crazy because I'm leasing the first one, so I didn't want to go all out. It's Rapid Red with the mid-package, soft top and I was disappointed to see that manual wasn't an option, so I guess I'll be okay with the automatic. At least it wasn't extra. Good luck to y'all!
Joanna Foster
2021 Big Bend Rapid Red
Georgetown, TX
bigbend4J, lonediver2002
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021

Rank III

Jan 25, 2021

Congrats! yea my order is in also, not going all out either. Black Diamond with mid pkg and some minor tweaks.
I used to live in Round Rock, Georgetown is nice.
JFoster05, BuzzyBud

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 25, 2021

Hey everyone,

Who else has put their order in? My local dealership has been awesome to work with so far. They called me to let me know what to do to put my order through and have been following up every step of the way. I got the confirmation from Ford that my order has been placed. Now the hard part....waiting. My build wasn't anything crazy because I'm leasing the first one, so I didn't want to go all out. It's Rapid Red with the mid-package, soft top and I was disappointed to see that manual wasn't an option, so I guess I'll be okay with the automatic. At least it wasn't extra. Good luck to y'all!
Congrats! I really like the Rapid Red on the Bronco. Should look great on the OBX.
I've thought about leasing especially since this will be a first year vehicle. I just finished up on my first ever lease last fall and there are good and not so good parts about it. I guess what I really missed the most was the chance to customize my vehicle and I feel like I really want the chance to do that this go around.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Shadowblade, Slownstddy

Rank V

Feb 02, 2021

Heck yes!!! We are completely in the same boat. Glad to hear it's all going great for you too!!
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Feb 02, 2021

Awesome, now this 5-6 months is going to be a long A$$ wait LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Shadowblade, NVSUR

Rank VI

Feb 02, 2021

Hey everyone,

I hear you, I went went with the standard package for that reason, I ordered a BD and wanted the manual..no mid package available for that trim level w manual. But that's fine really for me. My F150 basically has the same options and it's fine. (I stepped down from a lariat in '16 and a loaded '18 Ram Rebel)
JFoster05

Rank 0

Feb 02, 2021

Hey everyone,

Rank 0

Feb 03, 2021

Yes, just got my confirmation today! Big Bend w/ Sasquatch package in Area 51 color. Really looking forward to receiving delivery not looking forward to waiting.
I know I will get even more excited when I start seeing them in the road. Will I want a different model? Color? Leather? Who else found the ordering off the internet a leap of faith for 30k-40k a bit trying?
JFoster05

Rank III

Feb 03, 2021

Yea my first time buying something I didn’t drive first. Can’t wait to see my first one on the road either. My wait between my first sighting and getting mine is going to kill me.
Shadowblade, JFoster05

Rank VI

Feb 03, 2021

Yes, just got my confirmation today! Big Bend w/ Sasquatch package in Area 51 color. Really looking forward to receiving delivery not looking forward to waiting.
I know I will get even more excited when I start seeing them in the road. Will I want a different model? Color? Leather? Who else found the ordering off the internet a leap of faith for 30k-40k a bit trying?

$60K was a bigger leap :)

I look at it this way...... I'll drive it until the warranty is spent, then go nuts on customizations. Or, I'll drive it till the Warranty is spent and trade it on a Warthog before I retire.

Win/Win
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
Shadowblade, JFoster05

Rank 0

Feb 03, 2021

$60K was a bigger leap :)

I look at it this way...... I'll drive it until the warranty is spent, then go nuts on customizations. Or, I'll drive it till the Warranty is spent and trade it on a Warthog before I retire.

Win/Win
It’s all relative my friend. Just trying to make the point of buying without touching and driving. Hey, BTW, Rumors are that a V8 Bronco is in the works. Cheers
JFoster05, TurkeyRun

Gladesmen

Feb 03, 2021

Yea my first time buying something I didn’t drive first. Can’t wait to see my first one on the road either. My wait between my first sighting and getting mine is going to kill me.
We bought or first suburban in 2005 without driving it. The salesman asked if we wanted to drive it and we were like it’s a new car it’s going to drive nice. Now if I was buying used you bet I would test that sucker. That said, I did test drive a new Ranger to get a feel of the 2.3l since I am going manual transmission and 2.3 in the Bronco. That little motor has plenty of pep.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
JFoster05, TurkeyRun

Rank II

Feb 28, 2021

Hey everyone,

I stayed with the standard package just so I could get the manual. No more heated seats and some other things, but really wanted manual so it'll be fun to drive!!

Hope yours come in by summer. I know I'm hoping to get mine by July/August. That's when the weather is the nicest.
Shadowblade, Jakob1972

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

Congrats on your order! You will have to take your Big Bend to Big Bend National Park. They have a nice trail that was a wagon trail way back in time. A great ride.
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
bigbend4J, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2021

Congrats on your Bronco order! The Rapid Red on the BB will look sharp! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Jakob1972

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2021

I’m with you, what a HUGE leap of faith this is. I ordered my FE this week. Area 51! I haven’t owned a Ford since 1998... So I’m coming into a brand I haven’t had for years, and a vehicle fresh off the press, that hasn’t been made for 20+ years, and a little worry because the last two new models I bought worked out okay, but weren’t sight unseen... It’s a lot of emotions and worst of all CASH to be risking. I’m like $20k over budget and $10k over extended.

BUT, I think we will all be happy and delighted when the time comes. I think most of us will drive these beasts into the ground squeezing every last drop of enjoyment and fun out of them. I like to think that will take YEARS to do too.
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank 0

Mar 03, 2021

Hey everyone,

I definitely hear you with the leasing. The 2020 Ford Explorer had... 20 recalls. 20! And The Bronco Sport has had 2 in two months. Not so good. It's common knowledge to avoid 1st model year, and first iteration, but this is not about being rational (95% will be midlife crisis mall-terrain store-by-fours after all). I also went with BB, 2DR, 2.7, Cactus, 4.27, LED, Sandstone, toggle switches.
JFoster05, Deano Bronc