Order Changes

Cdjim12
May 23, 2022

Rank 0

May 23, 2022

Hey guys,

This may be a silly question, but I keep getting different answers. My dealership originally told me I could modify my order up until I am assigned a VIN and the build takes place. I still only have a confirmed order, no VIN, and production has not started. I want to add the Sasquatch pack to my order but my dealership is telling me they can only change the color, yet I know people who have made the same addition and even changed models completely with order dates newer and older than mine. Anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you again
ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022

Rank V

May 23, 2022

Depending on your current order, a sasquatch changes the series, requiring a new order, which can't happen right now because no new orders are not allowed. For example, adding sasquatch to a base bronco changes the series.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

May 23, 2022

@mike8675309 makes a good point. I think it may also affect your pricing, depending upon when you placed your order. You may lose price protection if you make drastic alterations to your order (if it's even possible to make them at this point). Ultimately, you have to work through this with your dealer. Have you confided to them that other people have successfully changed their orders the way you would like to change yours?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Maggiep13, mike8675309

Libations MOD

May 23, 2022

Hey guys,

This may be a silly question, but I keep getting different answers. My dealership originally told me I could modify my order up until I am assigned a VIN and the build takes place. I still only have a confirmed order, no VIN, and production has not started. I want to add the Sasquatch pack to my order but my dealership is telling me they can only change the color, yet I know people who have made the same addition and even changed models completely with order dates newer and older than mine. Anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you again
What is your current order??
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank 0

Jun 09, 2022

My current order is a 2.7 Outerbanks Hard Top.

Rank I

Jun 09, 2022

My order is a 2.7 Outer Banks as well, upgraded to Luxe and also added a couple of other much more minor upgrades just a few weeks ago. Dealer did it no problem.....saw the change on my order on the Ford website within 2 hours. Granted this isn't as radical an upgrade as you're looking for, but this business that they can only change the color is nonsense.

Rank 0

Jun 28, 2022

I’d like some advice from the group. I had a horrible experience with my delivery. The dealership changed my wildtrak hard top to soft top without notifying me. When my car was delivered I asked for a picture and I saw it was soft top. I asked them to reinstate my reservation under my original specs and they refused. They ended up selling to another customer. After two years of waiting I have no bronco. Currently working through BBB. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this acceptable?
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 28, 2022

I’d like some advice from the group. I had a horrible experience with my delivery. The dealership changed my wildtrak hard top to soft top without notifying me. When my car was delivered I asked for a picture and I saw it was soft top. I asked them to reinstate my reservation under my original specs and they refused. They ended up selling to another customer. After two years of waiting I have no bronco. Currently working through BBB. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this acceptable?

Did you tell them you wanted the bronco even with the soft top, or did you tell them you wouldn't accept it? Regardless of any change, they made to the order, that's the primary problem. If you refused to accept the vehicle, I'm not sure what you expected them to do.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Hudman316

Libations MOD

Jun 28, 2022

Well, first stop wasting your time with the BBB its nothing more than a glorified marketing agency that's pay to play game and has no legal authority for anything/
Look at your state laws and what did your signed order sheet say?
What did you tell them to do with it outside that you wanted the MIC??
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Life is a Highway

Jun 28, 2022

Unfortunately dealerships are separate entities from Ford Motor Company and there have been numerous members who have had issues of various kinds both here and on B6G. Not all but many dealerships have pulled various shenanigans with the ordering process. At this point I would contact Ford customer service or @Ford Motor Company here on a private message and they may be able to help you. Make sure to have all your documents and emails at the ready. Very sorry to see this happening to you and please keep us posted regarding any outcome.