Opportunity of a life time?

DiscipleChuck
Dec 17, 2021

Rank 0

Dec 17, 2021

I have an opportunity...
1996 Eddie Bauer Salvage Title.. (Im aware of what to look for)
I have 2 salvage vehicles now... They are great and both come from the shop that has done the repairs and is selling the bronco...
Everything looks brand new.
all stock dark blue. He wants $15k!!!
Drum Role... 36,000 Original Miles...

Thoughts.
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2021

Rank V

Dec 17, 2021

What is the salvage from? some are just simple. some are complete shit. (Wife is an estimator for a body shop) she has seen totaled vehicle due to from end cosmetic damage (lights, hood, fenders, bumper.) and no structural. cost of replacing those parts totaled it. If all is good get it. 36k miles? nice find.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Jakob1972, PSUTE

Rank IV

Dec 17, 2021

My insurance company just wrote me a check for my newer F150 when my driver hit another vehicle in the rear.
Buckled the hood, one fender, needed new bumper and grille and core supports and probably radiator.
I drove it to the repair facility, drove and tracked fine, but they paid me more than I paid for the truck
when they saw one frame horn was very slightly bent. It does not take much for them to total a vehicle.
They wanted too much money for me to buy it back so I let it go and replaced it with a new one.
Too bad, all the parts are readily available and not that expensive. Frame looked easy to straighten, it was very minor,
but the insurance company won't risk the possibility of issues later.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank VI

Dec 18, 2021

$15k on a salvage title is a bit much imo, as nice as it may be.
The mileage doesn't mean jack, since the title is what it is.
Check for rust. If that is good, get a bumper to bumper warranty for a year/12,000 miles if you can.
Salvage market has some diamonds, but quite a bit of crap. If you drive it to the ground, great.
If you have to sell, it can be hell.
Jakob1972