Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

I guess I read it differently
I take it as a fun opinion piece.
I personally read where G was going in the first line …

If I may

View attachment 37436
Yeah yeah, I know. I get it. I only saw it as a mild condemnation because he said he’s not one to judge, but then followed it up with a judgment. It’s a simple observation, that’s all. The implication is that people who don’t open up their Broncos don’t deserve Broncos because they drive them around “all sealed up.” As the OP stated, I read more into it than I should have, but an effective communicator would have made his point more subtly if he didn’t want to come across as judgmental.

At the end of the day, if someone fails to enjoy the open air characteristics of their Bronco, it’s their loss. My counterpoint was that it depends on the circumstances. So, it could just be coincidental that so many Bronco and Jeep owners were not feeling the need to open up their vehicles on the day he made his observation.

No harm, no foul. My (over) reaction was undoubtedly the result of feeling envious of those who already own Broncos. LOL

14U

Rank VI

Don't delete

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Yeah yeah, I know. I get it. I only saw it as a mild condemnation because he said he’s not one to judge, but then followed it up with a judgment. It’s a simple observation, that’s all. The implication is that people who don’t open up their Broncos don’t deserve Broncos because they drive them around “all sealed up.” As the OP stated, I read more into it than I should have, but an effective communicator would have made his point more subtly if he didn’t want to come across as judgmental.

At the end of the day, if someone fails to enjoy the open air characteristics of their Bronco, it’s their loss. My counterpoint was that it depends on the circumstances. So, it could just be coincidental that so many Bronco and Jeep owners were not feeling the need to open up their vehicles on the day he made his observation.

No harm, no foul. My (over) reaction was undoubtedly the result of feeling envious of those who already own Broncos. LOL
Oh absolutely mate !
And on my part , I have zero intentions to ever call you or anyone out.
personally , I read stuff differently depending on what mood I’m in at the time.
It’s all good !
I think everyone’s kick ass around here.

Reactions: JoergH and BuckYeah

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

Oh absolutely mate !
And on my part , I have zero intentions to ever call you or anyone out.
personally , I read stuff differently depending on what mood I’m in at the time.
It’s all good !
I think everyone’s kick ass around here.
No worries. We all interpret things a little differently, which is why I try to be as specific as possible. I fail miserably at times, but I keep trying. That’s all I can do. I will always be honest, though, even if it’s not what everyone else in the room wants to (or expects to) hear. I’d make a terrible yes-man. LOL

Have a great day!

• Love
Reactions: 14U

Garemlin

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

I did include Jeeps. It's not just Broncos. And if I can be totally honest I feel the same way about all convertibles. I guess I just assume (ass-u-me) that people buy convertibles to be able to open them up weather permitting.

Reactions: BuckYeah and 14U

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

I did include Jeeps. It's not just Broncos. And if I can be totally honest I feel the same way about all convertibles. I guess I just assume (ass-u-me) that people buy convertibles to be able to open them up weather permitting.
I hear ya, dude. It’s like buying a gun with no intention of shooting it.

• Haha

rayhil67

Rank II

Advocate III

Mar 1, 2022
Berks County, PA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Hilborn
I'm going on 2 weeks with bronco and have only had the front panels off one day. For me its a combination of things, PA weather, no time with work schedule, lazy, and Its my first new vehicle and well lets be honest the way people are acting now a days I'm afraid to let it sit in a parking lot or store front. When i had the JK I had the sunrider top and it was open all the time, doors were off every nice weekend, I hope to get sunrider for bronco one day but right now 1200 is to much cash

Darrel

Rank VI

Champion II

Sep 14, 2021
New Mexico
First Name
LAURI
Last Name
RECTOR
Member #

I did not plan to keep the top off all summer, but I think it’s staying off all summer. With the Bimini and windows up, surprisingly comfortable cruising up into the mountains at 70mph and 50F.

Rear security enclosure keeps stuff hidden away and locked. And, just looks cool!

had to dodge a couple localized rain showers coming home from work, but keep moving and stay dry!

View attachment 37400
Common JTops, send me my Bimini top!!

richtor

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
People keep creating these lists of vehicles you should get if you want a hard top Bronco. I don't want one, but none of the vehicles previously listed or the ones above look like or are a Bronco.

The body type, style, shape, looks, badging are what make a Bronco, not just that a top comes off (in my opinion). If you want to take a top off you can just as easily buy a Jeep. One could say 4 door Broncos are not broncos based on the history of the vehicle.

I can get why someone would want a hard top Bronco. They're sick individuals, but who am I to criticize the mentally ill ?
I said nothing about a hardtop. Now you bring it up why would anyone want anything other than a hardtop? Clean sturdy look and real glass. Plus it does not look like a early 80’s rabbit with the top down. I heard the soft top is a pain in the ass to take off!
06AE7D21-1F81-493B-826B-E836A748101A.jpeg

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
I said nothing about a hardtop. Now you bring it up why would anyone want anything other than a hardtop? Clean sturdy look and real glass. Plus it does not look like a early 80’s rabbit with the top down. I heard the soft top is a pain in the ass to take off!View attachment 37440

I meant people say unless the top comes off why not get another vehicle whose top doesn't come off MIC or the rag top Bronco. Sorry poor choice of words on my part.

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

I said nothing about a hardtop. Now you bring it up why would anyone want anything other than a hardtop? Clean sturdy look and real glass. Plus it does not look like a early 80’s rabbit with the top down. I heard the soft top is a pain in the ass to take off!View attachment 37440
Soft top is easy to remove. Maybe 20 minutes total. It’s heavy but two people can do it!

richtor

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
I meant people say unless the top comes off why not get another vehicle whose top doesn't come off MIC or the rag top Bronco. Sorry poor choice of words on my part.
The Raptor and TRX are badass and can do way more than the Bronco. The only two reason to get the Bronco is the top/doors off and the stick shift.

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
The Raptor and TRX are badass and can do way more than the Bronco. The only two reason to get the Bronco is the top/doors off and the stick shift.
Again, it's the body style the old school looks of a Bronco and that's the appeal some buyers may have. It's not about what one platform can do over another platform. I'm not buying a Raptor if I want the body style of a bronco with non removable hardtop, MIC, or soft top.

This is strictly an aesthetic perspective. The look of the bronco is not a Raptor, G wagon, Pick up truck, Land Rover. or H1.

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

Yup, just keep in mind that your idea of "weather permitting", and someone else's idea of "weather permitting" might be different. :D
IMG_0652.jpeg

Reactions: BuckYeah

Pegasus65

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Sep 30, 2021
Crescent City
First Name
Sharena
Last Name
Pegasus65
Member #

Sadly, we still have rain here, still...sigh...and it's never over 60-70 degrees, so we go topless (the car, not me) when we can, and just freeze...lol. Time for a road trip to summer climates! Oh and I work at a prison, so no doors or top off there.
first trip to the beach.jpeg