Open them up and let them breathe

Garemlin
Jun 05, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Jun 05, 2022

I am not one to tell anyone what to do with their vehicles. But with that being said it boggles the mind why people spend money on Broncos (and Jeeps) and not take advantage of what they are.

I was out tooling around today. It was beautiful. Low 80s, clear skies and no humidity. I had the doors off and sunrider flipped back. I lost count of how many Jeeps (and two Broncos) I saw completely sealed up. Tops closed, doors on, windows up and a/c blasting I'm sure.

Guess I don't see the point of buying an open air vehicle just to keep it closed up. It's one of the biggest appeals with these type of vehicles.

But to each their own.
PBar, Evenrute
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 05, 2022

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

62E178F5-5634-4B85-82BB-F7BCF9ECE7B5.jpeg01A15D57-B1FB-45E3-8C54-57F83426C768.jpeg
D190065, FatbikerJo Bronco

Standing Grumpy Face

Jun 05, 2022

AD BRONCO, 14U

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

have to agree with you @Garemlin. its was a beautiful day and I counted 4 4D soft top Broncos. ALL of them were buttoned up. I just dont understand it. Like many, Im a reservation holder who has not gotten his ticket punched yet and its so frustrating to see things like this.

Thanks to the other posters, love to see someone put it to use as intended.
glamosaurus, Darrel

Wash Me

Jun 05, 2022

I am not one to tell anyone what to do with their vehicles. But with that being said it boggles the mind why people spend money on Broncos (and Jeeps) and not take advantage of what they are.

I was out tooling around today. It was beautiful. Low 80s, clear skies and no humidity. I had the doors off and sunrider flipped back. I lost count of how many Jeeps (and two Broncos) I saw completely sealed up. Tops closed, doors on, windows up and a/c blasting I'm sure.

Guess I don't see the point of buying an open air vehicle just to keep it closed up. It's one of the biggest appeals with these type of vehicles.

But to each their own.
Hey Garemlin did your build week hold ? Have a root beer or white birch on me !
Res 7/24/20 - 4dr Badlands 2.7- MIC-- High - Hot Pepper- Mod-- 8/12 Blend Date -Del 9/12/22
Darrel, 14U

Jun 05, 2022

Had top down today when my dad came to visit. It was his first ride in it. A little hot out but agree 100%. I drop the top whenever I can.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Darrel, 14U

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

Maybe some people like me don't tolerate heat very well for health reasons but like the off road ability of a Bronco. Or like a guy who posted on another forum got ticketed for having the doors off his Bronco because it's illegal in Pa. There's a lot more intended uses for a Bronco than open top and doors, a lot more. Maybe those people you saw all buttoned up wanted a hard top but didn't want to wait. People spend 10s of thousands of dollars on pick up trucks and never haul nothing more than groceries. Maybe they just like the size and comfort versus an ecobox that fits their needs better. The original 5 generations of Broncos weren't designed for quick top and door removal so there must have some other intended purposes as people bought them 30 years. If the 6th gen had a semi permanent top and non removable doors they would sell just fine everything else being the same.
Rjcook, Speed Devil

Standing Grumpy Face

Jun 05, 2022

Hey Garemlin did your build week hold ? Have a root beer or white birch on me !

It did and arrived at the dealer May 13th. Unfortunately had to walk away from the deal. My original first order at Chapman still stands. They still have over 300 pending orders. I'm looking at 2023 if not 2024. I'm good with waiting. It will give them time to get these quality issues under control. Hopefully.

In the meantime I threw some money at the Gladiator. New tailgate lettering, Sunrider top and new front bumper.

3A3FE6D6-1B5E-407D-B4D3-2510FC705571.jpeg

9DF367FD-A8A6-4C81-902C-7C01CA0E2734.jpeg

6DD6D15F-9F39-4142-9E7E-5B0B733ADFB4.jpeg
BWepps, ChuckO

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

Maybe some people like me don't tolerate heat very well for health reasons but like the off road ability of a Bronco. Or like a guy who posted on another forum got ticketed for having the doors off his Bronco because it's illegal in Pa. There's a lot more intended uses for a Bronco than open top and doors, a lot more. Maybe those people you saw all buttoned up wanted a hard top but didn't want to wait. People spend 10s of thousands of dollars on pick up trucks and never haul nothing more than groceries. Maybe they just like the size and comfort versus an ecobox that fits their needs better. The original 5 generations of Broncos weren't designed for quick top and door removal so there must have some other intended purposes as people bought them 30 years. If the 6th gen had a semi permanent top and non removable doors they would sell just fine everything else being the same.
If you don’t like heat take the top and doors off. It’s cool and or cold! Not designed for top and door removal?
4855B892-7CE1-4062-A9A8-D0265DC5FF89.jpegDF24C578-32F8-4012-BA8A-7EC151EBCCEF.jpeg
Why in the world would you want the Bronco with no top and door removal?
You sound like someone who does not want a Bronco, you simply want the latest vehicle to say look at me. There are only two reasons to get the Bronco, top/door removal and the 3 pedal option. Without that I would have kept my Tremor. Both the Raptor and TRX are awesome. There are lots of vehicles that come with factory lockers. You chose the wrong vehicle!
  • Toyota Tacoma
  • Toyota 4Runner
  • Toyota Tundra
  • Ram 1500
  • Ford F-150
  • GMC Sierra
  • Chevrolet Silverado
  • Chevrolet Colorado
  • Nissan Titan
  • Nissan Frontier
  • Nissan Xterra
  • Standard
  • Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
  • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
  • Ram 1500 TRX
  • Ford Raptor
  • Chevrolet Silverado ZR1 Off-Road
  • GMC Sierra AT4
  • Front Rear Lockers
  • Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
  • Dodge Power Wagon
  • GMC Sierra AT4X
  • Chevrolet Silverado ZR2
  • Mercedes G-Class
  • Land Rover
ChuckO, Speed Devil

Life is a Highway

Jun 05, 2022

It did and arrived at the dealer May 13th. Unfortunately had to walk away from the deal. My original first order at Chapman still stands. They still have over 300 pending orders. I'm looking at 2023 if not 2024. I'm good with waiting. It will give them time to get these quality issues under control. Hopefully.

In the meantime I threw some money at the Gladiator. New tailgate lettering, Sunrider top and new front bumper.

View attachment 37255

View attachment 37256

View attachment 37254
Love it!
14U, Garemlin

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

Had top down today when my dad came to visit. It was his first ride in it. A little hot out but agree 100%. I drop the top whenever I can.

Same. Once I realized you can flip the soft top open (at very slow speeds) from the driver’s seat… it’s tough to keep it closed lol.

(except for when I pulled into my garage with it open; WHOOPS)
BWepps, Darrel

Jun 05, 2022

Same. Once I realized you can flip the soft top open (at very slow speeds) from the driver’s seat… it’s tough to keep it closed lol.

(except for when I pulled into my garage with it open; WHOOPS)
I’ve opened the top at least half way every day I’ve driven it so far. Stumbled on a Cars and Coffee in my neighborhood today and drove through. Got a bunch of thumbs up and “bronco!” from someone. They pointed out my Nation grill badge too! Felt like a kid, I was having so much fun.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Chief1301, TK1215

Rank III

Jun 05, 2022

So I will chime in and say depends on what people are doing. I normally fold the roof back and it was beautiful yesterday, but on my way to a wedding in a suit after my better half spent far to much time doing her hair. Had I folded the roof back yesterday, a world class àss kicking would have been bestowed upon me
2022 murdered OBX SAS
Pegasus65, G1ddy-Up

Standing Grumpy Face

Jun 05, 2022

So I will chime in and say depends on what people are doing. I normally fold the roof back and it was beautiful yesterday, but on my way to a wedding in a suit after my better half spent far to much time doing her hair. Had I folded the roof back yesterday, a world class àss kicking would have been bestowed upon me

Just get her this to wear to the wedding. Everyone will understand.

BFAEB84E-FB5F-401F-A14A-2651C61DD479.jpeg
Pegasus65, LR48

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jun 05, 2022

so many variables - for me, 80's is too hot to be driving around with roof off/open ... high 60's to mid 70's is perfect though. Years ago I had a convertible and realized that after the initial novelty of it wore off, I kept the top up most of the time because I didn't want to show up to work or wherever I was going, all sweaty. Here in Sacramento, summers are often well into the 100's, so it really limits 'open air' driving to evenings after the sun has gone down, or the very narrow period of time between crappy winter weather and blistering heat of summer. Also, some people are very sensitive to heat based on medical issues, so they may not want to go top down in the same conditions you would.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Chief1301, Deano Bronc

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jun 05, 2022

But to each their own.

I'm out of the loop, but am I to understand that you already possess a Bronco, or are you still waiting for yours to be built? Your signature suggests you don't have one. Are you waiting on a second Bronco?

I see your point about utilizing your vehicle's features to the max, but sometimes circumstances might make it difficult for some to open theirs up. Maybe someone is simply running a short errand and can't be bothered. Maybe someone doesn't have a place to store their top. There could be a dozen reasons somebody doesn't want to peel off the removable components of their ride. Saying "to each their own" shouldn't imply they're wrong because they don't do whatever you do. Freedom is freedom, even when someone chooses not to indulge in it.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Coraleef, Chief1301

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

When I was younger I had daily driver Jeeps with no top or doors...along with various motorcycles...now in my 70s and poor health they are gone...replaced with a mustang gt convertible with the top down except under 50, raining or over 90...now my bad back won’t allow to drI’ve the mustang more than a couple hours...Bronco and jeep are the only upright seating “convertible“ out there and the Bronco is much better/comfortable of the two...so Bronco it is...plan to have the top off 90% of the time (if I ever get it)...but ya may see me out on the rubicon with the top on and air blowing cold when it is over 90 (plus it keeps the dust out)...
2023 Big Bend 2 door, race red, 2.7, Sasquatch, tow
JoergH, Chief1301

Standing Grumpy Face

Jun 05, 2022

I'm out of the loop, but am I to understand that you already possess a Bronco, or are you still waiting for yours to be built? Your signature suggests you don't have one. Are you waiting on a second Bronco?

I see your point about utilizing your vehicle's features to the max, but sometimes circumstances might make it difficult for some to open theirs up. Maybe someone is simply running a short errand and can't be bothered. Maybe someone doesn't have a place to store their top. There could be a dozen reasons somebody doesn't want to peel off the removable components of their ride. Saying "to each their own" shouldn't imply they're wrong because they don't do whatever you do. Freedom is freedom, even when someone chooses not to indulge in it.

My first order probably won't be built until at least 2023 if not later. I had another order that was built and delivered in May. I fully intended to drive that one until the other one came in. But that deal fell through.

And "to each their own" doesn't imply anything other than to each their own. Don't read so much into it.

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

But to each their own.
Some people don't like the amount of road debris there is on streets despite the amount of money spent in taxes to keep them clean and fixed up. Others have tinnitus problems that are exacerbated by continuous wind noise and daily driving as with those off makes it hard to sleep with louder than normal ringing. Those to types of folks would likely drop tops and/or doors mostly when it's time for dry off roading, because spring showers are a thing still.

I guess I'm mostly talking about me haha I've done it with my early Bronco that has a soft top. That's a whole new set of noises altogether. I still crack windows instead of A/C though.

BTW, low 80s isn't beautiful... that's way too hot :ROFLMAO:. 65° and sunny with a bit of snow still on the ground... that'll get my windows rolled down for sure... maybe the front part of the hard top pulled off... :unsure:
Calgecko, Deano Bronc

🐎Moab bound🐎

Jun 05, 2022

Waiting on Bimini top from JToos before I fully pull the top back or off. The sun will kill my interior. Doors may never come off. But, I do flop the top back every chance!

Attachments

Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
LR48, ChuckO