Only allowed 1 top from factory???

John Callea
Mar 19, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2021

I was told today by my dealer that they could not order my Bronco with 2 tops. I had to chose between the hard or soft. I chose soft for now, hoping I get my Bronco by summer, and if I wanted the hard top too, I would have to order from parts dept after I take delivery. Has anyone heard of this?
Rgwinn, Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2021

No Ragerts

Mar 20, 2021

I was told today by my dealer that they could not order my Bronco with 2 tops. I had to chose between the hard or soft. I chose soft for now, hoping I get my Bronco by summer, and if I wanted the hard top too, I would have to order from parts dept after I take delivery. Has anyone heard of this?
That doesn’t pass the sniff test to me....
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Commodore

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

That doesn’t pass the sniff test to me....
Agreed. WTF! Why would they say that? I’m going to have to press them more.
Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

You should be able to order both tops but it will put you in a late availability situation likely. Just remember that if you go with the soft top first you will not get the wiring and fluid lines run to the rear for wiper and defrost. Those only come when you order a hard top first.

It will also cost a lot more to order and ship the hard top later as opposed to the soft top. May want to consider that if for some reason you only go with one out of the gate.
Gutter Clown, Soupcook

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

You should be able to order both tops but it will put you in a late availability situation likely. Just remember that if you go with the soft top first you will not get the wiring and fluid lines run to the rear for wiper and defrost. Those only come when you order a hard top first.

It will also cost a lot more to order and ship the hard top later as opposed to the soft top. May want to consider that if for some reason you only go with one out of the gate.
Thank you! Great info that I will consider.
Gutter Clown, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

I just heard they will ship the vehicle with the soft top... the hardtop will follow and include a free headliner!
Gutter Clown, Hank21

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

I just heard they will ship the vehicle with the soft top... the hardtop will follow and include a free headliner!
That would be awesome!
Gutter Clown, Commodore

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

Maybe they ran out of tops ;)
Gutter Clown, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

Maybe they ran out of tops ;)
This is a new policy. Everyone will get free headliners! $495 purchase credit with every hard top ordered.

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

Man I wish I'd know that was a fact. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable about everything so far. He said if I stayed with both tops I'd be delayed.
Commodore, John Callea

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

Man I wish I'd know that was a fact. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable about everything so far. He said if I stayed with both tops I'd be delayed.
Well, it does seem to be a fluid changing process. Unfortunately we, the first group, are the guinea pigs.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Commodore

Rank V

Mar 20, 2021

I'm slightly confused now. I read the hardtop post in LATEST NEWS, the summary stated that MIC Hardtops would automatically get the free sound deadening headliner for leather/cloth interiors...

However the post of the FORD communication to dealers (I assume this is an accurate representation of what was sent out to dealers) below the summary doesn't say anything about MIC specifically, it states ALL hardtops across the MY21 hard top model lineup...

So which is it? Just MIC OR both MOD and MIC?

Am I missing something?
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Commodore, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

I'm slightly confused now. I read the hardtop post in LATEST NEWS, the summary stated that MIC Hardtops would automatically get the free sound deadening headliner for leather/cloth interiors...

However the post of the FORD communication to dealers (I assume this is an accurate representation of what was sent out to dealers) below the summary doesn't say anything about MIC specifically, it states ALL hardtops across the MY21 hard top model lineup...

So which is it? Just MIC OR both MOD and MIC?

Am I missing something?
I just looked at the Ford website, and noticed that adding the headliner Requires Mic top, weird
BE0B5202-10E8-4415-9F0C-79EDA638FE43.jpeg
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Commodore

Life is a Highway

Mar 20, 2021

I just looked at the Ford website, and noticed that adding the headliner Requires Mic top, weird
View attachment 10263
It says hard top, MIC. Looks like either one to me. I think it is just saying those ones only. Maybe people with soft tops might get confused? :ROFLMAO:
Commodore

Life is a Highway

Mar 20, 2021

If you look at the thread specific to the sound deadening headliner there is much more about this. The letter from Ford to the dealers read pretty specific to me
DeepCreek, Commodore

Life is a Highway

Mar 20, 2021

I just double checked on the thread “free sound deadening headliner “ read @David original post with the letter to the dealers and his follow up clarification post at 631 PM. They are very clear. So don’t fret Boys. Thank god I went with the MIC top. Like it and sticking with it. I don’t have to worry about it
ATC Enthusiast, DeepCreek

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2021

Yes. That is what I was told also.
BamaBronco, Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

This is new. My dealer is in the loop. He even met with Ford’s new North American President in AZ last week.
BamaBronco

Rank V

Mar 20, 2021

I just double checked on the thread “free sound deadening headliner “ read @David original post with the letter to the dealers and his follow up clarification post at 631 PM. They are very clear. So don’t fret Boys. Thank god I went with the MIC top. Like it and sticking with it. I don’t have to worry about it
Thanks for the redirect! I missed that thread entirely yesterday and only saw the LATEST NEWS post late last night and this thread. I ordered the sound deadening with my MOD top, so I guess I now have $495 more to spend on accessories!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
TK1215, Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

If you ordered a hard top...sound deadening is free...pretty clear.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
TK1215, Commodore