Need advice on tire fitment and lift

Bandit Bronco
Nov 06, 2021

Bandit_2021_bronco

Nov 06, 2021

I’m ready to have our 2 Door Bronco lifted to clear 35 x 12.5 KO2s. I read that the Zone off-road 2” lift level will clear them however after reading the fine print it doesn’t appear to be the case. We are going to wait on the Ford Performance replacement shocks which also claim to be a 2” lift so the level kit is temporary.

Can anyone please confirm what wheel size your running if you use this size tire, and if so what is the size and offset of the rim ? My last truck had some tire rub at full lock and I really want to avoid the same issue on the new Bronco.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 06, 2021

Rank IV

Nov 16, 2021

I'm going to go with 285/75/16s on the stock Base steel wheels. 1" wider and 2.7" taller. (There's a complete video by an owner over on the Bronco 6G site.)
These will fit, without a lift kit. However, I'll most likely do the 2" Rough Country Lift.
The immediate concern with a 35" tire is the rear end gearing.
Bandit Bronco, Jruta

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2021

If I'm not mistaken, someone over at B6G put 35's on a stock Big Bend (using the stock wheels). The only issue (if just going for the look and not wheeling) was crash bars needed to be removed.

If you see @Baus67 sneaking around here, he can attest that for a span of about 4-5 months I hounded him to tell me that 295's would fit stock BB. And eventually we saw people putting 35's on stock suspension. So the simple answer to your question, 35's will fit without lift. Just don't hit any big bumps, then again, Baus always told me that the Bronco wheel wells were designed with 35's in mind.

This weekend I'll be helping the brother in law install the zone 2" level lift on his Bronco, I'll let you know how the install goes. He has a set of 295's on order for his Big Bend.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Bandit Bronco, Baus67

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2021

I'm going to go with 285/75/16s on the stock Base steel wheels. 1" wider and 2.7" taller. (There's a complete video by an owner over on the Bronco 6G site.)
These will fit, without a lift kit. However, I'll most likely do the 2" Rough Country Lift.
The immediate concern with a 35" tire is the rear end gearing.
Just my personal preference, I wouldn't do a 2" lift for 285's. In my opinion, it'd make the tires look small. But you do you, it's your Bronco, not mine ;)
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Bandit Bronco, FrankenRodz

Rank IV

Nov 18, 2021

I’m ready to have our 2 Door Bronco lifted to clear 35 x 12.5 KO2s. I read that the Zone off-road 2” lift level will clear them however after reading the fine print it doesn’t appear to be the case. We are going to wait on the Ford Performance replacement shocks which also claim to be a 2” lift so the level kit is temporary.

Can anyone please confirm what wheel size your running if you use this size tire, and if so what is the size and offset of the rim ? My last truck had some tire rub at full lock and I really want to avoid the same issue on the new Bronco.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Here is the pic that @EvlNvrDys posted about earlier ....................

1637192686526.png

This is 35's no lift stock wheels. Here is his response to me........

1637193004515.png

So as you can see they do rub at full lock sooooooooo I would answer your question with you will need wheels with less offset if you do not want ANY rub. For the record my F-150 rubs with 35's on stock wheels and a level kit ( level kit recommends 33's) but they only rub on full lock, so it is not a big deal to me, I can still park in a wallyworld parking stall without issues.:ROFLMAO:

If you want NO rub you will have to push the wheel out a bit. Then without a lift, it may rub the fender because you pushed it out. So the 2" kit should take care of that.
Deano Bronc, EvlNvrDys

Bandit_2021_bronco

Nov 18, 2021

Thank you to everyone who responded. We decided to go with the Fuel Covert 18x9 +1 offset with 35 x 12.5 KO2”s and the Zone 2 inch kit. Know of another Bronco that did the same size wheels, tires and lift and no issues or rubbing. Drop off on Monday to have everything installed including Sasquatch fenders to cover up the extra tire poke. Will post pics when all complete.

Thanks again
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram
GoFish, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Nov 18, 2021

Thank you to everyone who responded. We decided to go with the Fuel Covert 18x9 +1 offset with 35 x 12.5 KO2”s and the Zone 2 inch kit. Know of another Bronco that did the same size wheels, tires and lift and no issues or rubbing. Drop off on Monday to have everything installed including Sasquatch fenders to cover up the extra tire poke. Will post pics when all complete.

Thanks again

Sounds like a good plan. Can't wait to see it !!! (y)(y)
Bandit Bronco