2021 BRONCO'S WARN WINCH WIRED... WITH ONE MINOR ADDITION

1Five1 Garage
Nov 06, 2021

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

Even though we had installed the winch on the last video we never wired it up. The reason we waited is to see where the power and ground were going to end up. This way we can add a small, yet effective safety device. A cut off switch, that's it.

The reason we wanted this is to add a little reassurance that people wouldn't mess with the winch or controller while you are pulling the line out. Whenever I have used a winch, it seems like everyone shows up and wants to see how it works. Especially when you are 20 yards out trying to secure the other end to something to get yourself or someone else out. I am talking from experience because it has happened to me a number of times. The switch kills the power so the winch can not be activated.

We also wanted to make the winch wiring as close to what the factory would do. The braided covering, 90 degree connections, and even match the factory paint marks hide the fact there was aftermarket wiring. We installed the switch to the inner portion of the drivers fender to give a bit of a hidden location, with only the red cap to identify it is even there.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
SlashRacer, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 06, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 06, 2021

Even though we had installed the winch on the last video we never wired it up. The reason we waited is to see where the power and ground were going to end up. This way we can add a small, yet effective safety device. A cut off switch, that's it.

The reason we wanted this is to add a little reassurance that people wouldn't mess with the winch or controller while you are pulling the line out. Whenever I have used a winch, it seems like everyone shows up and wants to see how it works. Especially when you are 20 yards out trying to secure the other end to something to get yourself or someone else out. I am talking from experience because it has happened to me a number of times. The switch kills the power so the winch can not be activated.

We also wanted to make the winch wiring as close to what the factory would do. The braided covering, 90 degree connections, and even match the factory paint marks hide the fact there was aftermarket wiring. We installed the switch to the inner portion of the drivers fender to give a bit of a hidden location, with only the red cap to identify it is even there.
Maybe I missed it but did you just cut your supplied cable from the winch and just put ends on them, so you could hook them to the cutoff switch? I assume that it was long enough you could do that.
What did you use to crimp the new ends to the cable?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Nov 07, 2021

No it wasn't cut. It was ran to the switch without cutting and a new 2ft section was installed for the next section from the switch to the battery. The cable came with the ends on it already.

cable.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Deano Bronc