Review: 7 days and 1200 miles

Broncadonk MKG
Nov 06, 2021

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

I obviously put a lot of miles on my vehicles. Which is precisely why I bought my 2dr BD. Overall, I am still head over
heels in love and won’t sell, even though I’ve been offered $20g over sticker already.

I’ve installed the aeroskin II hood deflector, so far so good. It does reduce bugs but I have two or three chips in my windshield already. *eye roll* I’m thrilled to get those filled with epoxy next week.

I wish the tailgate glass opened independently. I’m an unusually tall woman, so having to open the swing gate and duck down to find what I need is just a nitpicky nuisance.

Sometime next week my bronco goes into the shop to get new door weatherstripping and roof seals. If you have a 2dr coming in, just prepare for that recall and get ahead of it with your parts dept if possible.

The size of the gas tank is an issue for me. A big one. I’m hoping and praying an OEM extended range tank option becomes available. Because a 200 mile range is a pain in my rear. I’m waiting on a tailgate bracket for a jerry can, which is in the works by RTR; I’ve confirmed that with them and they’ll begin shipping around the new year.

I’m waiting to get ahold of Goose Gear to pull the trigger on a rear seat delete. I’m hoping other companies make competitive options within the next year or so. None the less, the rear seats are definitely coming out.

I have a BYOD rail and rock rail-compatible side steps on order from Archetype, which I’m stoked about. I need to find an overhead storage/mounting solution for all my junk and my radios that I’m installing. I’ve got my CB mounted to the grab handle on the passenger side of the console. Still trying to figure out a good no-drill/no-glue solution for the antenna before I wire it in.

I’m also considering getting a solar panel and battery unit, so I can run an electric blanket at night when I have the rear seat delete set up so I can sleep in it during the winter months. Idk though. Probably won’t happen for a while.

Haven’t heard Jack from my dealer about when headliner (which they owe) will arrive to be installed. Probably won’t hear anything either, until I call and complain a few times.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 06, 2021

The size of the gas tank is an issue for me. A big one. I’m hoping and praying an OEM extended range tank option becomes available. Because a 200 mile range is a pain in my rear. I’m waiting on a tailgate bracket for a jerry can, which is in the works by RTR; I’ve confirmed that with them and they’ll begin shipping around the new year.

Wow, what's your MPG??

2-door has 18-19 MPG... 16.9 gallon tank. Should be getting right around 300 miles per tank.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

Wow, what's your MPG??

2-door has 18-19 MPG... 16.9 gallon tank. Should be getting right around 300 miles per tank.

Allllll highway miles. 16 mpg.
It doesn’t help that I have a lead foot and that Kansas topography is 50% wind and 50% hills. However, I am proud of myself because I’ve been babying her knowing I’m still breaking her in. So “lead foot” has been awol

Attachments

Rhiostatic

Rank VI

Nov 06, 2021

Great info, appreciate you sharing your experience.

Rank III

Nov 06, 2021

Wonder if the 2022 models still need the weatherstripping repair or if Ford made a running change?
'22 2DR Wildtrack Eruption Green, Lux, Brush Bar, Roof Rack, Tow

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

Good looking truck!
Broncadonk MKG

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

Wonder if the 2022 models still need the weatherstripping repair or if Ford made a running change?
I’m guessing Ford made the running change, just like with the first round of MIC tops that got held up at dirt mountain or had owners come in for replacement. I’m willing to bet the seals/ weather stripping were another one of Webasto’s screw-ups with the MIC 1.0, and had leftover seals to place on MIC 2.0 henceforth the issue I’m having.

Rank VI

Nov 06, 2021

It doesn’t help that I have a lead foot and that Kansas topography is 50% wind and 50% hills. However, I am proud of myself because I’ve been babying her knowing I’m still breaking her in. So “lead foot” has been awol

I've been to Kansas once. I found the curve. It's by the tree.

2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

I've been to Kansas once. I found the curve. It's by the tree.

I love living in a state that you can give directions using trees as landmarks. Because we have like, four or five of them, last time I counted! :D

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

pass the old Johnson place, left at the ....

got to love how locals give directions. no matter where you are, there is a unique style.

anyway, thanks for all the updates!!

Rank 0

Nov 06, 2021

I love living in a state that you can give directions using trees as landmarks. Because we have like, four or five of them, last time I counted! :D
That doesn’t work in Alaska….road trips are counted in Hours