Problems removing MIC Roof with OEM Rails

Bill Saunders
Nov 05, 2021

Rank II

Nov 05, 2021

I have a 4-door Black Diamond. It came with the OEM roof rack in combo with the "new" MIC roof. And it arrived JUST in time for me to pick it up for Halloween.

Here's an observation that I'd love to have confirmed/refuted by anyone else with that combo. There is almost NO room for removing the front panels with the rack installed.

They will come off, but it's a very fiddly process to get them out between the frame and the rail. The pin that goes into the frame bracket does NOT want to go past the bolt on the rail, and I've already gouged up the plastic covers on the clip brackets.

When I watch the video from Bronco Nation, they seem to come off very easily. Is the "new" MIC roof thicker than the original version?

Wish they'd given us another ½ inch of clearance on the rails. Would have made all the difference.

Pic for tax

Attachments

KennyMac, Soupcook

Inmate #19359

Nov 05, 2021

I have a 4-door Black Diamond. It came with the OEM roof rack in combo with the "new" MIC roof. And it arrived JUST in time for me to pick it up for Halloween.

Here's an observation that I'd love to have confirmed/refuted by anyone else with that combo. There is almost NO room for removing the front panels with the rack installed.

They will come off, but it's a very fiddly process to get them out between the frame and the rail. The pin that goes into the frame bracket does NOT want to go past the bolt on the rail... When I watch the video from Bronco Nation, they seem to come off very easily. Is the "new" MIC roof thicker than the original version?

Wish they'd given us another ½ inch of clearance on the rails. Would have made all the difference.

Pic for tax

I was wondering about that myself. Curious to see what others say and if anyone has a fix. Looks great by the way.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆

Rank V

Nov 06, 2021

A lot of reviews that I had seen with the MIC 1.0 commented on how it took some maneuvering to get the panels off on with the roof rack installed (and how the second row panel was even tougher with the 4 door).

I don’t think this is a unique problem to the MIC 2.0

Adding in some personal experience with this type of composites, I’d be surprised if the MIC 2.0 tops were dimensionally different than the 1.0 in any substantial way. Most of the issues of edge delamination are solved by radius changes, bake time changes, resin changes, etc. None of those are enough that you or I would notice during removal
Reservation: 7/16 @ 9:58pm EST
Order: 2-dr Velocity Blue Badlands with Sasquatch & 2.7L
Instagram @BitterBronco
Deano Bronc