OFFICIAL Target Date for 2 and 4-Door Delivery

allan
Jul 24, 2020

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Ford has confirmed June 2021 as a target date for deliveries to begin. https://community.thebronconation.com/2-and-4-door-deliveries-targeted-to-begin-june-2021/
JFoster05, Bsooudi
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2020

June!?! What happened to hopefully April!?

My lease on my Explorer is up in December......is a 6 month extension even possible since I already have a reservation in??
tracythemighty

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Hopefully, all goes as planned. Can not wait. It is going to be a long wait but it is going to be worth waiting for.
RockstarBobby, katsess

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Assuming no more long disruptions in supply/assembly chains as well. That does seem a bit far off. Original Mustang was released in April 1964, and they were on dealer lots a few weeks later. A hot introduction led to immediate sales, and even more sales when folks knew they could get one NOW. 11 months from intro to first delivery is ridiculous. And intro kept getting pushed as I recall. Come on Ford.
tracythemighty, pilonfx

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Assuming no more long disruptions in supply/assembly chains as well. That does seem a bit far off. Original Mustang was released in April 1964, and they were on dealer lots a few weeks later. A hot introduction led to immediate sales, and even more sales when folks knew they could get one NOW. 11 months from intro to first delivery is ridiculous. And intro kept getting pushed as I recall. Come on Ford.

So I was thinking about this Bronco timeline. It seems about in line with when I reserved my Focus RS. I was going through my email and I reserved the RS November of 2015. I then configured mine in January of 2016. I had my VIN number at the end of February 2016. It arrived on a semi-truck in July 2016. The focus RS was made overseas so the boat journey over took awhile. So the RS was 9 months.

Bronco has a much larger audience and they have the Covid obstacle that is slowing down supply chains everywhere. We reserved in July. Will be ordering in December. Taking Delivery in June if the timeline is followed would put us at 11 months. Which adding on 2 months for covid related slowdowns seems proper.
GToddC5, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Hopefully, all goes as planned. Can not wait. It is going to be a long wait but it is going to be worth waiting for.
It definitely looks like it will be worth the wait, and there seems to be a lot more to be seen to keep things interesting between now and then.
JFoster05, SierraHotelBronco

Rank III

Jul 24, 2020

They weren't dealing a pandemic when the Mustang came out.
pilonfx, SierraHotelBronco

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Remember when everyone was complaining why don't they just release it already... This, this is why
FirstOnRaceDay1, pilonfx

Rank 0

Jul 24, 2020

They were also building Mustangs at 3 different plants. Not just 1 like the Bronco.
pilonfx

Rank VI

Jul 24, 2020

I'd rather have a product that is made correctly over longer time than something that is poorly manufactured due to them being rushed.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Cencal Bronco, Bronco4

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Ford has confirmed June 2021 as a target date for deliveries to begin. https://community.thebronconation.com/2-and-4-door-deliveries-targeted-to-begin-june-2021/
Thanks so much for sharing!!
-Ridin' dirty (as in mud)
pilonfx, RockstarBobby

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

I'd rather have a product that is made correctly over longer time than something that is poorly manufactured due to them being rushed.
100% agree! I'd rather wait a little longer for a high quality product.
-Ridin' dirty (as in mud)
Bronco4, pilonfx

Rank V

Jul 24, 2020

Even though the wait is going to be much longer now, I'm actually okay with this. This gives me a better chance to save up for a bigger down payment when the time comes.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
LoneRanger, pilonfx

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 24, 2020

"Due to the high number of Bronco 2 and 4-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year.”

Not acceptable. I'm not waiting over a year for delivery.
pilonfx

Rank II

Jul 25, 2020

Fine Scotch, Whiskey and Whine ;) All take time. i'll be patient and wait for mine.
LoneRanger, camrein

Rank II

Jul 25, 2020

They were also building Mustangs at 3 different plants. Not just 1 like the Bronco.
No FYI mustang was built at the old DAP forever, when they built the new F150 plant to replace it, the product found a new home with the fusion at FRAP. The f150 is at DAP the Bronco/Ranger is at MAP and the Mustang is at FRAP and the F250 and up at KTP.. Overflow for f150 in Claycomo ,MO. Explorer -Chicago, Vans in OHAP

Bronco was always a MAP product!! only it was called MTP at the time and they know Bronco well.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2020

Seems like over 300K reservations, so far.
Is there a mechanism to trade to an earlier reservation with another reservation holder?
pilonfx

Rank VI

Jul 25, 2020

Seems like over 300K reservations, so far.

If Ford converts just 1/3 of reservations to sales then they’ve already met their year one goal with nearly a year before the first one hits the lot.

Is it June yet?
pilonfx, Dr.Detroit

Rank 0

Jul 25, 2020

No FYI mustang was built at the old DAP forever, when they built the new F150 plant to replace it, the product found a new home with the fusion at FRAP. The f150 is at DAP the Bronco/Ranger is at MAP and the Mustang is at FRAP and the F250 and up at KTP.. Overflow for f150 in Claycomo ,MO. Explorer -Chicago, Vans in OHAP

Bronco was always a MAP product!! only it was called MTP at the time and they know Bronco extremity well.

If you bothered to read what I was responding to, you would have seen I was talking about how quick Mustangs showed up on dealer lots after being introduced in 1964.
Like I said, they were built at 3 different plants. Dearborn, MI, Milpitas, CA, and Metuchen, NJ.

Rank II

Jul 25, 2020

If you bothered to read what I was responding to, you would have seen I was talking about how quick Mustangs showed up on dealer lots after being introduced in 1964.
Like I said, they were built at 3 different plants. Dearborn, MI, Milpitas, CA, and Metuchen, NJ.
I apologize, I did not catch the 1964, you are correct sir..You are going back further than I go.

I know that the Bronco is sharing a plant with Ranger. As you are aware, plants today are capable of producing x more vehicles than three plants did in 1960's obviously. The main issue is the Ranger, I feel like that product should be moved to FRAP or LAP to clear space for Bronco. It will be interesting to see how Ford handles the production volume mix in MAP. They could also run over flow of Bronco at those locations, but would have a tighter grip on manufacturing if held under one roof. It would be great if Ranger relocated from MAP. or maybe Ford has crystal ball and they realize millions could be out of a job and demand may be hampered by this?

I thought this is where you were going , again I apologize.
pilonfx, Deano Bronc