Not waiting ~ Buying a mannequin ~ Help with color!

sueellenketoqueen
Oct 09, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 09, 2021

Hey everyone,

I was in a horrible car accident with my Jeep and it was totaled. Needless to say, since I drive all over NYS for work each day, I need a vehicle or I won't have a job. I think I'll give up on waiting for my original order. I have the option to get a Soft Top Cactus Gray or a Soft Top Race Red, both mannequins. I initially ordered a Hard Top Cactus Gray. I love that color on a Baby Bronco, now that I've seen it in person, but I am swaying towards Race Red in the Bronco. While the red one has been driven 150 miles, the cactus one is right off the truck with plastic on the seats, which is awesome indeed. I feel like cactus is the one color you have to see in person to decide on. The color looks different in every lighting situation, and it definitely looks completely different than both versions Ford displayed online. It is 'retro', and I like it a lot, but the reddddd just stands out. Yet, everyone has a red car. Cactus is different. I'm indecisive. HELP!1.jpg

Attachments

KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 09, 2021

If they are equivalent trims, then I suppose choosing by color is reasonable. It looks like they are both fairly basic big bends. I never considered any of the reds until I went to the rodeo and played with a few and saw all the colors.
I like the race red, think it looks really good in a two door with the hard top. 4dr, I would probably go cactus.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES

Rank VI

Oct 09, 2021

I got Cactus Gray, originally I wanted Cyber Orange, but the wife wasn’t fond of it.

As the year of waiting has gone on, Race Red, Rapid Red, Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue grew on me.

My Bronco has been built, Cactus Gray. I’m keeping with it. I see a lot of Cactus Grays on YouTube, but I also see a lot of Red Jeeps - @justinbmcbride and trail recon.

If your original order was CG, go for it! You’ll be happy and if not, you can always wrap it!

Rank III

Oct 09, 2021

I ordered red but to ask people which to buy is pretty dumb. Only you can know what your preferences are.

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Sorry to hear about your accident... Curious which one you chose?

I personally like the Cactus gray, assuming as Chaos said, the trims are the same. I have a red Taurus, but it's the candy apple red. I've had a few vehicles in the 'race red' type color over the years, and every single one of them faded/delaminated. I don't know why, but seems like a common issue with red cars. From what I understand, red absorbs more energetic wavelengths, which causes more aggressive degradation of the paint. Something sciency like that. But to me the Cactus gray stands out more.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Rank 0

Nov 05, 2021

If they are equivalent trims, then I suppose choosing by color is reasonable. It looks like they are both fairly basic big bends. I never considered any of the reds until I went to the rodeo and played with a few and saw all the colors.
I like the race red, think it looks really good in a two door with the hard top. 4dr, I would probably go cactus.
Went with Cactus, and I'm in love. That Race Red is a beauty, though.
Kathleen, SuperMike

Rank 0

Nov 05, 2021

Sorry to hear about your accident... Curious which one you chose?

I personally like the Cactus gray, assuming as Chaos said, the trims are the same. I have a red Taurus, but it's the candy apple red. I've had a few vehicles in the 'race red' type color over the years, and every single one of them faded/delaminated. I don't know why, but seems like a common issue with red cars. From what I understand, red absorbs more energetic wavelengths, which causes more aggressive degradation of the paint. Something sciency like that. But to me the Cactus gray stands out more.
Thanks for that input! I did decide on cactus:)
SuperMike

Rank V

Nov 05, 2021

Thanks for that input! I did decide on cactus:)

Awesome! Congratulations and enjoy your new ride!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22