Soft Top Hinge Issue

bbarnshaw
Jul 12, 2021

Rank IV

Jul 12, 2021

Took delivery over the weekend. Looks like MAP scratched up the roll bar in the back during install (attached picture). Also the metal hinge is almost touching (1/8th inch at most) on the right side between the soft top hinge and the roll cage while on the passenger side the gap is about 1.5 inches between the two. As a result, when I put the soft top all the way back this weekend, the metal on the driver side came in contact with the roll cage scratching the paint pretty good. Seems like some sort of adjustment needs to be made so the spacing is the same on the left and right sides. Dealer is aware and is going to take a look. Just thought others should know in case they have the same issue so they can avoid any scratches.

Attachments

OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9
Level3Looper, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2021

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jul 12, 2021

Thanks for the insights, it is good to know what to look for as we eventually get our Bronco's. I am sure your dealer will be able to fix both of your issues.
nic, KennyMac

Rank IV

Jul 13, 2021

Thanks for the insights, it is good to know what to look for as we eventually get our Bronco's. I am sure your dealer will be able to fix both of your issues.
Dealer has already scheduled service to adjust the roof and repaint the roll cage. Unfortunately they will need the vehicle for 4-5 days.
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

I'm surprised it pass inspection at MAP or at the dealer.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
nic