FORD WHAT'S THE RUSH?

P.R. Kid
Apr 26, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 26, 2021

Got an email from my dealer that a couple of Broncos were going to show up at the dealership; by the time I tried to register (less then 24 hours since I received the email) all reservations where full.
This was due to the fact that the Broncos where scheduled for only THREE hours and then go to another dealership. I'm sure I'm NOT the only one that didn't get a chance to register for the event. FORD WHAT'S THE RUSH?
Called my sales person and he told me to show up and he would try to see what he could do; unfortunately when I showed up it was clear he would not be able to get me in. And the people that were doing the event
acted like they just wanted to get from one event to the next as fast as humanly possible. Asked them only two questions which they had NO clue how to answer; 1- where was the location for the 10 speakers
of B&O sound system, and 2- what is the SIZE of hub center bore of the wheels (the most accurate way to center the wheel ). I read many posts of COMPLAINTS with how the roll out of the Bronco is going; some I agree with,
some not so much. But to NOT allow the opportunity for everyone who wants to SEE what they're WAITING for and SPENDING a good chunk of MONEY for is FLAT OUT RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Whom ever is responsible for
these events SHOULD be FIRED! FORD WHAT'S THE RUSH?
TK1215, Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 27, 2021

I hear you on wanting to see it and not get the chance. However, I wonder if has to do with the limited number of pre-production vehicles available and the number of dealerships they need to get to? COVID has done a number on the production process. While talking to some of the team at Super Cel, and hearing about the rubber shortage, and the foam shortage, and of course, the chips, plus the natural disasters that took out a supplier plant, it's a wonder we're even here!

We are working on an article for the sound system now, and the speaker location diagram is our own finishing touch. Hopefully the community here can help provide you with additional details you need. Which Bronco are you ordering? I got a lot of pics/video at Super Cel; I know it's not the same as in person by any stretch, but if it helps, let me know!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Hobgoblin, Bronc96
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 28, 2021

I hear you on wanting to see it and not get the chance. However, I wonder if has to do with the limited number of pre-production vehicles available and the number of dealerships they need to get to? COVID has done a number on the production process. While talking to some of the team at Super Cel, and hearing about the rubber shortage, and the foam shortage, and of course, the chips, plus the natural disasters that took out a supplier plant, it's a wonder we're even here!

We are working on an article for the sound system now, and the speaker location diagram is our own finishing touch. Hopefully the community here can help provide you with additional details you need. Which Bronco are you ordering? I got a lot of pics/video at Super Cel; I know it's not the same as in person by any stretch, but if it helps, let me know!
I agree with @Laura, and the fact that a LOT is going on, not just with Ford, but other vehicle companies, and its not just them. Any company that deals with selling a product with a chip in it, has been delayed. Have you heard of Xbox or PlayStation? They are being affected by high demand with supply issues. Its not just Covid, but a lot of other things that just adds to the problem.

What's the rush? How about that there are over 190,000 people looking to buy a 21/22 Bronco. Ford and their teams ARE doing their best. We're not going to like everything they are doing, but IF you want a Bronco, you'll have to do what the rest of us are doing and try to go to any events, check out what @Laura, @David and the rest of the gang at BN is doing and hang with the BN groups here. A lot of good info, good talks, and that does help past the time.

Keep cool, We're in the same boat!
Bronc96, Deano Bronc
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 28, 2021

@Laura

I saw your "Dont look" post and tried to comment by saying "I dont do well with tests" :cool: :ROFLMAO:
I think you were deleting it when I was typing it.
Sorry for the off topic, but wanted to poke @Laura :devilish:
TK1215, Commodore
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 28, 2021

I agree with @Ionzo71 in that it's the people getting us through, and not just getting us through, but getting us to the end goal where a lot of us want to be: having made a bunch of new friends to enjoy our Broncos with. Like he said, hang in there, and also, with our new site update, I think it's a little easier to follow where Broncos will be next. If you're a member, you can see the full calendar at once.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 8.21.05 PM.png
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Bronc96, TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 28, 2021

@Laura

I saw your "Dont look" post and tried to comment by saying "I dont do well with tests" :cool: :ROFLMAO:
I think you were deleting it when I was typing it.
Sorry for the off topic, but wanted to poke @Laura :devilish:
I had to make it cutesy in case some wiseguy/gal saw it haha
TK1215, Commodore
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 28, 2021

I had to make it cutesy in case some wiseguy/gal saw it haha
Shoulda known it'd be you :LOL:
TK1215, Commodore
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 28, 2021

Shoulda known it'd be you :LOL:
Just add me to the list of peeps keeping you on your toes! :ROFLMAO::cool:
Jakob1972, TK1215

Wank ER

Apr 28, 2021

Got an email from my dealer that a couple of Broncos were going to show up at the dealership; by the time I tried to register (less then 24 hours since I received the email) all reservations where full.
This was due to the fact that the Broncos where scheduled for only THREE hours and then go to another dealership. I'm sure I'm NOT the only one that didn't get a chance to register for the event. FORD WHAT'S THE RUSH?
Called my sales person and he told me to show up and he would try to see what he could do; unfortunately when I showed up it was clear he would not be able to get me in. And the people that were doing the event
acted like they just wanted to get from one event to the next as fast as humanly possible. Asked them only two questions which they had NO clue how to answer; 1- where was the location for the 10 speakers
of B&O sound system, and 2- what is the SIZE of hub center bore of the wheels (the most accurate way to center the wheel ). I read many posts of COMPLAINTS with how the roll out of the Bronco is going; some I agree with,
some not so much. But to NOT allow the opportunity for everyone who wants to SEE what they're WAITING for and SPENDING a good chunk of MONEY for is FLAT OUT RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Whom ever is responsible for
I am sorry for your experience - I had the absolute opposite. The Bronco team onsite were very friendly and knowledgeable. They do have a tough schedule. I bet you can get soome answers from the many experienced people in the BN.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

More importantly, what is your rush? Your dealer will have demo units you can fondle all day long in a month or so. These region events were just a quick preview.

Hub center size is what is keeping you up at night? Speaker location? This can't wait?
TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 28, 2021

More importantly, what is your rush? Your dealer will have demo units you can fondle all day long in a month or so. These region events were just a quick preview.

Hub center size is what is keeping you up at night? Speaker location? This can't wait?
Yes, Dave, we'll get our mitts all over them soon lol. Have you gotten to yet? What did you think? I was lucky to get to ride in one at Super Cel :love: But also, I think @P.R. Kid is feeling like Christmas morning can't come fast enough, and it's easy for passion to take a turn into frustration. We'll all get to the finish line soon, and we'll pace alongside each other on the way. Lean on us, P.R., we're all here to help, as these folks have shown.
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

Yes, Dave, we'll get our mitts all over them soon lol. Have you gotten to yet? What did you think? I was lucky to get to ride in one at Super Cel :love: But also, I think @P.R. Kid is feeling like Christmas morning can't come fast enough, and it's easy for passion to take a turn into frustration. We'll all get to the finish line soon, and we'll pace alongside each other on the way. Lean on us, P.R., we're all here to help, as these folks have shown.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/vr-360-degree-video-tour-of-broncos-portland.4474/
Bronc96, Laura

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

I hear you; the "pre-production vehicles" (Broncos) where there and they look SO MUCH BETTER in person. No matter how you slice it one day for "THREE" hours is just not enough time to allow the majority of customers let alone everyone to get a peek. This was a Friday from 8:00am to 11:00am; most people can't take
off from work (they have to make money to buy Broncos). I took a VACATION DAY for this. Most of us know we are NOT getting a MY21; if everything works out
I believe I'll see my Bronco "BASE" Carbonized Grey, 2.7L Auto Trans, Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper, Aux Switches & Floor Liners some time around March/April 2022. And that's O.K. with me (gives me more time to save my pennies). I am not in any RUSH and neither should FORD have been. This was a missed opportunity to show "everyone" what an awesome vehicle the Ford Bronco is. Needed to be at least an ALL day event. If you post the pic's of the speaker locations that would be great. Thanks.

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Don't get it twisted I'm not in any rush; "Hub center size is what is keeping you up at night? Speaker location?" is that the best you got? Don't quit your day job;
who are "these region events" for? The privileged/lucky few? We are the "CUSTOMERS". You can try to rationalize/down play this all you want; at the end of the day this was a missed opportunity Ford had to show us what we're waiting for, what we're saving for. The appointments were closed in LESS then 24 hours after receiving the email. Three HOURS is no where near the time needed for the amount of "CUSTOMERS" that would have liked to see these AWESOME vehicles; the Broncos look SO MUCH BETTER in person. And by the way it's "hub center bore size" you putz.

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

ur

The appearance schedule has been in the pubic domain since March 29th, at least. Sorry you missed the boat.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...6CbrCnjQZRMjBVRyWlKX7qkE5YjRet1LOwYIfFrpTCra4

You did not do your due diligence and want to blame others. You asked two highly technical questions. Pretty sure that the engineers who designed the placement of the ten speakers would have no clue about the center bore, and vice versa, let alone the guys who have to have general knowledge to show the vehicles. Laura has the patience of a saint, if you were on the boards I Admin or Mod this would be the mildest reaction I'd have.
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

I am sorry for your experience - I had the absolute opposite. The Bronco team onsite were very friendly and knowledgeable. They do have a tough schedule. I bet you can get soome answers from the many experienced people in the BN.
Glade to hear you had a good experience. But that is exactly my point; the schedule doesn't have to be tough. And no one on this forum (Bronco Nation) or other forums have been able to say with certainty what is the correct wheel hub center bore size.

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

ur

The appearance schedule has been in the pubic domain since March 29th, at least. Sorry you missed the boat.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...6CbrCnjQZRMjBVRyWlKX7qkE5YjRet1LOwYIfFrpTCra4

You did not do your due diligence and want to blame others. You asked two highly technical questions. Pretty sure that the engineers who designed the placement of the ten speakers would have no clue about the center bore, and vice versa, let alone the guys who have to have general knowledge to show the vehicles. Laura has the patience of a saint, if you were on the boards I Admin or Mod this would be the mildest reaction I'd have.
Granted I didn't see that post; I'm not on these forums every night. Highly technical questions? The speaker locations; just from pics alone I know where 8
of the ten go, only missing 2. The wheel hub center bore size is a question that's been asked by others on at least a couple of threads that I've seen, you haven't seen that? Not sure what you mean by " Laura has the patience of a saint, if you were on the boards I Admin or Mod this would be the mildest reaction I'd have." Please
feel free to elaborate.

Wank ER

Apr 29, 2021

Glade to hear you had a good experience. But that is exactly my point; the schedule doesn't have to be tough. And no one on this forum (Bronco Nation) or other forums have been able to say with certainty what is the correct wheel hub center bore size.
Thank you. The schedule will be tough, but we are in line for a novel vehicle with TBD builds as of now. Business savvy would suggest that Ford is holding their tongue until necessary. It's about the legacy of this launch and not providing the finite details one would expect from an aged "SUV". In 2018 a major competitor came out with a new build and it was flurried with recalls and strange defects for a line that had been round for years. Your specifications have been noted and I am sure will be shared with the entire community as soon as it is determined . And, I have a personnel bias in believing that what we get will be not only superior, but a more thought out build than the other guys.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Laura, Bronc96

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 29, 2021

Here is some information on wheel hub center bore size.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/wheel-bolt-pattern.3025/
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 29, 2021

I hear you; the "pre-production vehicles" (Broncos) where there and they look SO MUCH BETTER in person. No matter how you slice it one day for "THREE" hours is just not enough time to allow the majority of customers let alone everyone to get a peek. This was a Friday from 8:00am to 11:00am; most people can't take
off from work (they have to make money to buy Broncos). I took a VACATION DAY for this. Most of us know we are NOT getting a MY21; if everything works out
I believe I'll see my Bronco "BASE" Carbonized Grey, 2.7L Auto Trans, Heavy Duty Modular Front Bumper, Aux Switches & Floor Liners some time around March/April 2022. And that's O.K. with me (gives me more time to save my pennies). I am not in any RUSH and neither should FORD have been. This was a missed opportunity to show "everyone" what an awesome vehicle the Ford Bronco is. Needed to be at least an ALL day event. If you post the pic's of the speaker locations that would be great. Thanks.
Sounds like you have a great build! The Carbonized Gray looks AMAZING in person. And I like that the closer-to-production MIC top (which are you getting?) is darker than the body color.
Wildtrak, but I saw a YouTube comment hoping for just this. This was at Super Celebration last week:
PXL_20210421_145055056.jpg
PXL_20210421_145046166.jpg
PXL_20210421_145107932.jpg
KennyMac, Deano Bronc