Newbie questions

wowthem
Jul 06, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 06, 2021

Hi everyone. Sorry these are newbie questions, but each Ford dealership I talk to gives me different information.

I want to know if dealers will be having inventory any time soon, or all Broncos arriving already sold via reservations?

Do you think people will change their mind when they see their Bronco in person, allowing that one to be sold to someone else?

If I place an order now, when should I expect delivery? This year? Next year? 2023?

FWIW, I am wanting a black (also open to gray or dark blue) Outer Banks with lux package, sasquatch package, hard top, and a few other niceties but can be flexbile.

Thanks in advance!
doublebullout, TitsLaRue
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 06, 2021

Road trip!!!

Jul 06, 2021

Hi everyone. Sorry these are newbie questions, but each Ford dealership I talk to gives me different information.

I want to know if dealers will be having inventory any time soon, or all Broncos arriving already sold via reservations?

Do you think people will change their mind when they see their Bronco in person, allowing that one to be sold to someone else?

If I place an order now, when should I expect delivery? This year? Next year? 2023?

FWIW, I am wanting a black (also open to gray or dark blue) Outer Banks with lux package, sasquatch package, hard top, and a few other niceties but can be flexbile.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Bronco Nation.

There will be some broncos that end up on dealership lots because of people walking away from the final purchase. These broncos will have hefty ADM’s.

Dealerships won’t have Bronco inventory until 2022. These also will probably all have ADM.

It’s possible you could be a late 2022, but it might be 2023 before you get your bronco.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
14U, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2021

Welcome to the Nation. For a higher end model with SAS and Lux package and MIC hardtop that happens to make it to the dealer to be sold as a retail unit you will certainly see a high premium as @SlashRacer mentioned.

The retail units that will be making their way to dealers will be mid range models with a soft tops which were not previous customer orders. If you want one and are okay with doing more of the after market upgrades you may be able to get one sooner.

One thing for sure is that you want to research the dealership and see what their approach for sales are going to be. I see way too many people who are not happy with their dealer and they didn’t do much research ahead of time. Best of luck on your Bronco journey.
TitsLaRue, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2021

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum.

If I were in your position this is what I would do.. I would go to several local dealerships and find a salesman that looks like he is experienced at each dealership. Tell him you are looking for a Bronco (demo or otherwise) and tell him you would like to be first on their non reservation Bronco list.
Then I would swing by the dealership every week or two and bring the salesman coffee or pizza or donuts for him and his pals. Shoot the breeze and see how things have been going.
This way the salesmen are working for you, otherwise you will need blind luck to come into one without a reservation.
The only other thing you could do would be to bribe the salesmen $1k for a successful sale but that is a no no and is grounds for firing.
Good luck to you.
14U, SlashRacer

Life is a Highway

Jul 06, 2021

Thanks in advance!
almost all builds for at least the first year are pre reserved. There are some dealer demos which they are supposed to wait six months before selling and due to parts constraints it appears that numerous builds of the more base model are working their way into dealer inventory. They will be at a hefty premium. Of course there will probably be some higher end models that somehow don’t go to reservation holders and appear for sale. And don’t forget all the speculators out there. So they will be available but you will pay through the nose!
SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

If you are firm on some specifics, you’re better off ordering.
Otherwise any bronco that hits a lot over the next 6-8 months is one of three things:
1. Dealer demo that cannot be sold for 6 months so people can try them out
2. Dealer-allocated inventory that will pretty much be sold the second it gets there because there’s such high demand
Or
3. Someone’s order that they backed out of, then it’s a free-for-all.

Dealer allocated units for sale are going to be more basic trim levels with soft tops. They’re still going to sell quickly.

If I were you, I’d think about placing an order that way you get exactly what you want and you don’t have to fight to be the first on the lot every time a new unit arrives on the semi truck. I work as a salesman and some of the stuff we get on our lot is sold as soon as it arrives because we have call lists of people who are waiting for a specific color/ trim level/ model/ etc
HeatherH, Hobgoblin

Rank I

Jul 06, 2021

Otherwise any bronco that hits a lot over the next 6-8 months is one of three things:
2. Dealer-allocated inventory that will pretty much be sold the second it gets there because there’s such high demand
Or

Dealer allocated units for sale are going to be more basic trim levels with soft tops. They’re still going to sell quickly.

If I were you, I’d think about placing an order that way you get exactly what you want and you don’t have to fight to be the first on the lot every time a new unit arrives on the semi truck. I work as a salesman and some of the stuff we get on our lot is sold as soon as it arrives because we have call lists of people who are waiting for a specific color/ trim level/ model/ etc
So if I made a reservation last month, and I’m OK with waiting until late 2022 or 2023, I should convert to an order now regardless?
Broncadonk MKG

Road trip!!!

Jul 06, 2021

So if I made a reservation last month, and I’m OK with waiting until late 2022 or 2023, I should convert to an order now regardless?
It wouldn’t hurt to covert now. You can always change what you ordered all the way up to you get you vin.

There are some new options and a Heritage Edition coming out for MY22.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
doublebullout, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

Or

I second what @SlashRacer said.
The sooner you convert to an order, the sooner you get EXACTLY what you want. If you want to wait for new MY22/23 options to get set in stone (hybrid, Heritage, etc.) go ahead and wait.
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin

Rank 0

Jul 06, 2021

Thanks everyone! Any idea if Ford will offer ventilated seats for the 22 MY?

Home, home on the range

Jul 06, 2021

No idea. It won't be long and options for 22 will be out.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

Thanks everyone! Any idea if Ford will offer ventilated seats for the 22 MY?
Doubtful. I don't think they ever will.
Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 07, 2021

I thought they weren't doing orders on the new reservations for 23 MY until September? I'm kind of in the dark as my dealer seems to have lost their Bronco guy.

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

I thought they weren't doing orders on the new reservations for 23 MY until September? I'm kind of in the dark as my dealer seems to have lost their Bronco guy.

Are you a res/order holder? If not, call around to other dealerships in your area until you find someone who knows what they’re talking about.
My dealership was bought out, fortunately for me. So the new manager took over my bronco order and has been communicating VERY well with me since I told him I hadn’t received any communication from my previous salesman and he screwed up my order to begin with. Idk if that salesman is still there or not, may have just had bronco privileges taken from him, but I’m thankful I’m now working with someone who puts in some effort.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 07, 2021

I've had 3 different reservations with 2 different dealers.Its a nightmare.Zero communication with these clowns.
Buckin'

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

I've had 3 different reservations with 2 different dealers.Its a nightmare.Zero communication with these clowns.

Yikes. I am frustrated for you.

I got irritated the other day when I called different dealers in the Tucson area, asking to see when their demos would arrive. Took like four or five calls to finally land a dealer who seemed to have an inkling of common sense. My favorite was one that went sorta like this:
“Hey, is this the new car manager?”
“Yes ma’am”
“Awesome, I’m wondering when your full size bronco demo units will arrive?”
“Uh I dunno, we had like five or six already and they all sold super quick”
“Sorry I must’ve misspoke, I’m looking for the full size bronco, not the bronco sport”
“Oh we are supposed to have three come in next week but they’ve got a waiting list, so no test drives”
“Oh I’m not talking about customer orders, I’m talking about your allocated DEMO. Like your manne-“
“These aren’t custom orders, these are for sale”
“So they’re units for sale? How come no test drives?”
“Because they’ll sell quickly”
“Alright but what about your demo?”
“We don’t have anything like that coming in. We are selling all our Broncos”
“Alright, never mind then. Thanks for your time.” *click*
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer