Newbie from NM

dover157
Oct 18, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2021

Hello all. Been beating my head against the desk for a while now trying to decide how to spec my Bronco order. Originally decided to wait until they opened orders for the MY 22 because I was convinced I wanted a base ManSquatch but after spending a few weeks playing on the build and price and thinking about what I will use it for I'm now 90% convinced that a BD with the towing package is the better way to go. Squatch looks awesome but since this will be a daily driver I just don't think the extra cost of replacing 35's and the fuel mileage reduction with the aggressive gearing will be worth the cool look factor, plus I really like the idea of the easy clean interior and the black steel wheels are growing on me. Gonna stick to my guns on the 2 dr though even if it takes longer waiting on the top. Hardest part left to decide is color....... argggghhhhh why is making adult decisions so hard? looking forward learning here and hopefully sharing once I officially become a Bronco owner.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
TK1215, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021

Road trip!!!

Oct 18, 2021

Hello all. Been beating my head against the desk for a while now trying to decide how to spec my Bronco order. Originally decided to wait until they opened orders for the MY 22 because I was convinced I wanted a base ManSquatch but after spending a few weeks playing on the build and price and thinking about what I will use it for I'm now 90% convinced that a BD with the towing package is the better way to go. Squatch looks awesome but since this will be a daily driver I just don't think the extra cost of replacing 35's and the fuel mileage reduction with the aggressive gearing will be worth the cool look factor, plus I really like the idea of the easy clean interior and the black steel wheels are growing on me. Gonna stick to my guns on the 2 dr though even if it takes longer waiting on the top. Hardest part left to decide is color....... argggghhhhh why is making adult decisions so hard? looking forward learning here and hopefully sharing once I officially become a Bronco owner.
Welcome to the Bronco Nation! Deciding on my build was the easy part. Choosing a color....that's another story.

Whatever dealerships you decide to order with, make sure you get a signed purchase agreement with pricing before you convert your reservation to an order at a dealership.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
dover157

Rank 0

Oct 20, 2021

When it came down to it I ended up ordering a 2 door Big Bend with the Towing Package and a few extras. I completely agree with you for the same reasons on not getting the Sasquatch.

Rank VI

Oct 20, 2021

When it came down to it I ended up ordering a 2 door Big Bend with the Towing Package and a few extras. I completely agree with you for the same reasons on not getting the Sasquatch.
I have completed my “wish list” on the build and price and will be going to the dealer on Friday to hopefully make a deposit and place the order. Now to see what year I finally end up getting it lol.
Jakob1972

Road trip!!!

Oct 20, 2021

I have completed my “wish list” on the build and price and will be going to the dealer on Friday to hopefully make a deposit and place the order. Now to see what year I finally end up getting it lol.
Before you order make sure you will get a written MSRP guarantee. If the dealership won’t do it, walk away and find another dealership.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
dover157

Gladesmen

Oct 20, 2021

Yep if you don’t need a front locker you don’t need the Squatch. The BD is the best bang for the buck IMHO. It gives you everything you need and nothing you don’t. The only reason I’m going Badlands is the wife wants the high package.
color is easy…CG or A51.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Mal

Rank VI

Oct 20, 2021

Yep if you don’t need a front locker you don’t need the Squatch. The BD is the best bang for the buck IMHO. It gives you everything you need and nothing you don’t. The only reason I’m going Badlands is the wife wants the high package.
color is easy…CG or A51.
Really Like both of those but decided on EG with VB as a close second choice, hopefully it’s not super popular around here lol
TK1215

Gladesmen

Oct 20, 2021

Really Like both of those but decided on EG with VB as a close second choice, hopefully it’s not super popular around here lol
I really don’t think there is a bad color for the Bronco. I would rock a Bronco painted Pepto Bismal pink. Heck my brother and I joked about trading doors so you might see a CG Basesquatch with A51 doors and an A51 Badlands with CG doors, just to screw with folks.
It’s like our old swatch watches from back in the 80s
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Oct 23, 2021

welcome!
dover157

Trusted and Carefree

Oct 26, 2021

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go with? Im with Capitol Ford in Santa Fe. They are not requiring an additional deposit.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank VI

Oct 26, 2021

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you go with? Im with Capitol Ford in Santa Fe. They are not requiring an additional deposit.
Went to power Ford in Albuquerque. I personally don’t mind the deposit, it’s like making two payments early lol
Mal