New White Top Info *Confirmed by Ford*

Advocate I

Feb 26, 2022
Iowa, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Holst
I read posts from Bronco fans rattling on about White grilles and always wonder WHY? White tops, absolutely, and White wheels, perhaps, but Broncos never came from the factory with White grilles. 1st Gen standard base, Sport, Ranger and Explorer models came with argent grilles and Special Decor editions came with black grilles - none of them were White. Do people want White grilles just because they think they might look cool? If so, I agree that a White painted grille might be an appealing colour contrast juxtaposed against some of the factory-offered body colours.

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
I read posts from Bronco fans rattling on about White grilles and always wonder WHY? White tops, absolutely, and White wheels, perhaps, but Broncos never came from the factory with White grilles. 1st Gen standard base, Sport, Ranger and Explorer models came with argent grilles and Special Decor editions came with black grilles - none of them were White. Do people want White grilles just because they think they might look cool? If so, I agree that a White painted grille might be an appealing colour contrast juxtaposed against some of the factory-offered body colours.
And you would be incorrect. Base models came with white grills, Sports, Explorer and ranger came with Argent and special decor came with black. There were more white grills than other color.

Reactions: LoneRanger

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

White would look good and is in keeping with ford pick ups. I want chrome but that never happen, chrome bumpers and door handles, were stuck with ugly black

Advocate I

Feb 26, 2022
Iowa, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Holst
And you would be incorrect. Base models came with white grills, Sports came with Argent and special decor came with black. There were more white grills than other color.

Per Ford records, there were no grilles painted White at the factory. Having lived through the entire 1st Gen run, myself, I can attest to it personally.

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
Per Ford records, there were no grilles painted White at the factory. Having lived through the entire 1st Gen run, myself, I can attest to it personally.
Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. Having been around broncos since the 70's. All 23,776 66' broncos came with white grills as the Sport package which offered the Argent grill didn't start until 67'. From 67-77 all base broncos had white grills. Not sure what Ford records you're looking at, but they're weren't written by Ford lol.

• Haha

lapazleo

Rank IV

Advocate III

Oct 8, 2021
First Name
Last Name
Member #

Just thumbed through the illustrated history of the Ford Bronco book there's tons of factory pictures of first gen broncos with white grilles and red letters. Also just checked the book the history of the legendary Ford Bronco, same thing.

Reactions: okie4570

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
Just thumbed through the illustrated history of the Ford Bronco book there's tons of factory pictures of first gen broncos with white grilles and red letters. Also just checked the book the history of the legendary Ford Bronco, same thing.
Yeah this original paint 66 in Todd Zuercher's book is sitting about 50y out my back door in the shop lol.

20190720_114133.jpg

VT Bronco

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Feb 14, 2022
Vermont, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Deppert
Member #

Our Wildtrak 4 door order is going to replace my wife's Sahara as her daily driver so she configured the truck the way she wanted it.
That being said I would love to do up a 2 door with a white top and grill for a cool retro look. Maybe some steely wheels with tall narrow aggressive tread.