Super Supporter II

Jan 30, 2021
3924 Benjamin Drive, Clarksville, TN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Baca
Member #

Sounds like we have a Heritage Edition coming with a white Hardtop. Guessing white grille and white door handles,, we might even see the white interior go into production. Looks like that additional 7/19 reservation will be paying off.
View attachment 7935
I really like this entire Bronco set up. I was bummed to hear it wasn’t being offered. If I wasn’t such an early Res holder I’d wait till MY22 to see what they offer.

Palmer

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 9, 2021
Michigan, USA
First Name
Melissa
Last Name
Palmer
Not to sound like a complete dummy but, if they don't change the actual body, can't Ford just make the white hard tops an accessory for purchase and we can just pop off the black and put up the white? Not sure what it would look like with current specs of my vehicle but couldn't that be an option? I've already got the dual tops on order anyway....

Reactions: TK1215 and KennyMac

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Not to sound like a complete dummy but, if they don't change the actual body, can't Ford just make the white hard tops an accessory for purchase and we can just pop off the black and put up the white? Not sure what it would look like with current specs of my vehicle but couldn't that be an option? I've already got the dual tops on order anyway....
I would think so, although you would potentially have to pay shipping to the dealer which could be pricey. If you have the soft top you would not have the connections for the wiper/washer but you have the dual top so would be good.

Reactions: TK1215 and Palmer

TCopp

Rank VI

Champion III

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

This has been the plan for many MY21 owners. The problem is, you have to pay the extra freight shipping, as well as the price of the top. From what has been speculated, the freight shipping will be quite expensive.

Reactions: TK1215

Nellman

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 5, 2021
Quincy, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Nelles
Member #

This has been the plan for many MY21 owners. The problem is, you have to pay the extra freight shipping, as well as the price of the top. From what has been speculated, the freight shipping will be quite expensive.
Isn't there some information that ford is changing the roof rack set up for MY22? If this is the case then there is the possibility that a MY21 and MY22 roof will not be cross compatible. Yes it is just a roof rack but that could lead to other changes as well.

Reactions: TK1215 and Palmer

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Isn't there some information that ford is changing the roof rack set up for MY22? If this is the case then there is the possibility that a MY21 and MY22 roof will not be cross compatible. Yes it is just a roof rack but that could lead to other changes as well.
I hope Ford is kind enough to keep the tops interchangeable, so if you have a '22+ top you would just need a '22+ rack. But I know a lot of engineers, and most of them are just jerks like that, so we'll have to see!

Reactions: TK1215

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Also, what about plasti-dip? Tons of people have done all kinds of parts with that stuff, and when it gets beat up or you want to go back stock color it just peels off

Reactions: Nellman and srick76

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Also, what about plasti-dip? Tons of people have done all kinds of parts with that stuff, and when it gets beat up or you want to go back stock color it just peels off
I had a hood on a 99 Isuzu Amigo (later models called Rodeo Sport) that we used Plasti Dip on. Matte finish but it was 100% better than peeling clearcoat. We also repainted the hard top with it. Easy stuff to use and easy to remove.

DadChris44

Rank IV

Advocate III

Sep 7, 2020
Fresno
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Khan
Member #

My local dealer knows Im holding my reservation off for a '22 just because the white top but what would be really awesome "Baby Blue" with the white top and grill, the bronco logo on the tail in white.

Scout2Ken

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 7, 2020
Wayne, NJ
2-Door, First Edition, Area 51...patiently waiting.

I'm surprised to see no updates on this topic since Feb 2021. I thought this would be a more active thread. With the hard tops causing such a production problem, I'm not surprised that Ford isn't spending effort here, and my guess is that most of us would be satisfied with any top, even if it was pink, if it meant we could actually take delivery sooner!

Look at almost every 'old' Bronco you can find with a hard top; it's white. They look sharp. Really sharp. I had a 1973 Glacier Blue Scout II with a white top - it was sharp! I'm truly surprised that more has not been done to offer optional top colors, at the very least; white.

Having never seen a new Bronco hard top, I don't know what the material is like, or how it will accept paint or a wrap. I imagine it's dimpled/textured to some degree. Does anyone here have knowledge to share in this regard? Any high-res, close-up images?
Personally, I think I would want to wrap my hard top so I could always revert back to stock without causing any permanent damage to the MIC top, but I would be curious to know what others think about coloring their top.
If Ford won't/can't do it, perhaps we can!

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

2-Door, First Edition, Area 51...patiently waiting.

I'm surprised to see no updates on this topic since Feb 2021. I thought this would be a more active thread. With the hard tops causing such a production problem, I'm not surprised that Ford isn't spending effort here, and my guess is that most of us would be satisfied with any top, even if it was pink, if it meant we could actually take delivery sooner!

Look at almost every 'old' Bronco you can find with a hard top; it's white. They look sharp. Really sharp. I had a 1973 Glacier Blue Scout II with a white top - it was sharp! I'm truly surprised that more has not been done to offer optional top colors, at the very least; white.

Having never seen a new Bronco hard top, I don't know what the material is like, or how it will accept paint or a wrap. I imagine it's dimpled/textured to some degree. Does anyone here have knowledge to share in this regard? Any high-res, close-up images?
Personally, I think I would want to wrap my hard top so I could always revert back to stock without causing any permanent damage to the MIC top, but I would be curious to know what others think about coloring their top.
Yes the MIC top is textured the newer production versions have a finer texture than the pre-production tops. You can paint/wrap the MIC stop but you will need to do some prep work you will have to sand it smooth to an almost polished state. But it can be done.

Reactions: Scout2Ken

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Seriously, a small number of trims? It should be option code WT for white top. Just let people buy what they want... stop trying to nickel and dime customers to death Ford.
Pretty sure it’s more than nickels or dimes!

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

There was a thread or post talking about paint/wraps and you will have to do a lot of prep work to get anything to get a good adhesive base. Like @Jakob1972 lots of sanding so no really nothing to revert back too

Scout2Ken

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 7, 2020
Wayne, NJ
Yes the MIC top is textured the newer production versions have a finer texture than the pre-production tops. You can paint/wrap the MIC stop but you will need to do some prep work you will have to sand it smooth to an almost polished state. But it can be done.
I know a white top will be available in 2022 (maybe). I can't imagine what it would cost to buy one from my dealer as an "aftermarket" part.

"Prep work" "Sand it smooth" That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to adulterate the stock top in any way that I can't reverse. I want to maintain the integrity of stock components as best as I can.

I figured a wrap could be applied directly over the MIC top, if the plastic texturing wasn't too pronounced on the hard top. That vinyl wrap stuff is usually pretty thick and able to span over small bumps. Of course, I would want it to look good, too. Does anyone have a close-up, high-res pic of the MIC top? I would like to share that with my local wrap maker and see what he thinks. Thank you!