New thread proposal....'Ask the folks that have them...'

LagoCJ
Jul 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

I would be happy, after I get mine, to answer questions from others about features and experiences. Might be good to have a new thread in the Bronco area for these questions.

Here is an example: For anybody that has a Bronco with Lux package, is there some kind of screw hole(s) or other mounting point on the dash to accommodate the BYOD rail, or a camera/phone mount? I know there is a USB charging port on the top center dash, but can't find any reference to a mounting fixture.
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Cliffhanger, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

I am completely on board with this. I'm trying to get all my mods ready and waiting so when I get my Bronco (someday) I'll be like a kid on Christmas day with a new Lego set. Please ,if you've taken delivery, be down to answer some of our inane questions!
Broncadonk MKG, Bronc96

Rank V

Jul 13, 2021

I would be happy, after I get mine, to answer questions from others about features and experiences. Might be good to have a new thread in the Bronco area for these questions.

Here is an example: For anybody that has a Bronco with Lux package, is there some kind of screw hole(s) or other mounting point on the dash to accommodate the BYOD rail, or a camera/phone mount? I know there is a USB charging port on the top center dash, but can't find any reference to a mounting fixture.
I've seen several video reviews that briefly mention an accessory mount point on the dash, but that is the extent of detail. I would love more detail on this too! Is it on all trim levels? How does it work? What exactly mounts to it? 1/4-20 UNC?
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Life is a Highway

Jul 13, 2021

Ahhh yes, adult conversations. Thank you,
Deano Bronc, Wamland

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

I want to call it the BYVR. "Block Your View Rail" I've seen many crazy setups that people are actually driving around with because they are too attached to their devices while driving.

Here is an example of what I saw the other day. Once you put your phone on the Bronco dash it won't be far off of this picture considering how high the dash is in the Bronco.20210531_162713.jpg
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Deano Bronc, Wamland

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

At some point we'll be driving based on what we see on the 12" screen.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
LagoCJ, Bronc96

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

I like your idea and would be happy to answer any questions that I can. I have an OBX 4door, MIC, LUX so whatever applies to it....
The mount on the dash, I have not paid much attention to it yet, my first guess is that it is a threaded boss that a specific rail would attach by a threaded screw/bolt. The USB port is in the center of the dash. The rubber cover can take a few seconds to replace once it is uncapped, a little challenging to line it up.
Ability is Nothing without Honor
Wamland, LagoCJ

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

I like your idea and would be happy to answer any questions that I can. I have an OBX 4door, MIC, LUX so whatever applies to it....
The mount on the dash, I have not paid much attention to it yet, my first guess is that it is a threaded boss that a specific rail would attach by a threaded screw/bolt. The USB port is in the center of the dash. The rubber cover can take a few seconds to replace once it is uncapped, a little challenging to line it up.
Please, if possible, can you get me the dimensions of the hood? I need to line up some vinyl.
LagoCJ, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Cool, does anyone in your household have some sort of camera tripod? Even one of those goofy 8 inch flexy-legs ones or some selfie sticks have a threaded mount thumb screw (fits a cell phone adapter or straight into the base of an old school film or digital camera).
16262284191174504296083993161892.jpg
That screw should be 1/4-20 UNC, could you see if it threads in that boss?
Thanks!
Deano Bronc, LagoCJ

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Please, if possible, can you get me the dimensions of the hood? I need to line up some vinyl.

The hood just behind the trail sites is about 59 1/4" and about 46 1/4" from the cowl to the front edge. The hood is slightly narrower at he trail sites, about a 1/4" on each side.
LagoCJ, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Cool, does anyone in your household have some sort of camera tripod? Even one of those goofy 8 inch flexy-legs ones or some selfie sticks have a threaded mount thumb screw (fits a cell phone adapter or straight into the base of an old school film or digital camera).
View attachment 15505
That screw should be 1/4-20 UNC, could you see if it threads in that boss?
Thanks!

I have threaded a 1/4 20 into the acc. mount. The USB is the rubber cover just forward of the mount.Dash 3.jpgDash 4.jpgdash.jpgdash2.jpg
Deano Bronc, LagoCJ

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

I have threaded a 1/4 20 into the acc. mount. The USB is the rubber cover just forward of the mount.View attachment 15506View attachment 15507View attachment 15508View attachment 15509
Fantastic! Thank you, best info I've seen on it yet! I can see how that usb cover would be difficult, but great news on the mount and great pics. That is the epitome of universal right there.
LagoCJ, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

Just ordered these M-to-M 1/4x20 adapters. Then can add all kinds of camera or device mounts using standard tripod mounts. Thanks for the info!!!

BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
KennyMac, TK1215