Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I'm still confused RG :-( What was the original?
It was lower/smaller the new one is higher so as not to block any of the camera even though the original had very little impact it was more the winch was the issue. I believe at the beginning of this thread is a comparisson

Desert Geezer

Rank III

Super Supporter II

Aug 5, 2020
Arizona, USA
First Name
JOHN
Last Name
RUSSELL
Hey David, since the only bar I ever saw was the optional $300 Brush Guard, on Ford's Build Your Bronco list, when I ordered on 1/22/21, which one will I get ???

Derek

Rank III

Champion III

Apr 16, 2021
West Nipissing Nipissing Ouest, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Lemieux
Member #

I was fine with the first one, now this will be the first thing I remove when I take delivery.
Did you got your production email already? If not, you still can change the order.
Is it only first edition that come with it? I quite like it and I ordered a badlands. Reserved 07/15 contract date 01/27

TEEDEE

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Feb 4, 2021
Morris, Illinois, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

I believe it’s an accessory anyone can purchase. I like the way it looks.
Maybe I can pick one up cheap from one of the folks who don’t like it!

Reactions: Deano Bronc

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Is it only first edition that come with it? I quite like it and I ordered a badlands. Reserved 07/15 contract date 01/27
I believe it’s an accessory anyone can purchase. I like the way it looks.
YOu have to have the MOD bumper to be able to attach it, but its available for any trim that has the bumper

Reactions: TEEDEE

Rhiostatic

Rank V

Supporter I

Dec 21, 2020
Phoenixville, PA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I was mostly concerned with a light bar blocking the camera. The new height seems to allow me to add that light bar under the top of the bar. Yes it blocks the BRONCO but I personally do not need to see it to be happy. getting those light zones covered without blocking the front facing cam is my #1. So for me, GOOD JOB FORD!

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

And that is the answer folks. There will be some beefy and well designed aftermarket options out soon enough.
Save my $300 on that sissy bar and the what $495 on the headliner Ford basically got me 3/4 of an AM bumper that'll be much better designed and looking too

Reactions: Lakesinai

Lakesinai

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 21, 2020
Mt Pleasant, SC, USA
First Name
JOHN
Last Name
SORENSEN
Member #

You know, owners can buy the bumper without the bar??!! I think that the newly designed bar is better. It is an optional upgrade to that Ford Performance bumper upgrade that is not necessary and that I didnt order. If I bought the bar, I wouldn't normally install it, because I don't plan to run my well-optioned OBX Bronco through the brush. I do that with old, beat up vehicles. Or I'd buy a Sasquatch Base Manual 4cyl with no upgrades, lots of paint protection film, and have at it!

The safari bar could be useful for mounting lights, fishing rod holders (only when parked, not while traveling), etc, but seems to mostly be an unnecessary accessory for visual effect that to me, clutters up the vehicle (unless it has a functional need for some owners depending on use).

I do my off-roading mostly on the beach, and there's no brush. I do need lighting, and the Ford Performance steel bumper upgrade eliminates the fog lights on my OBX, so this feels like the 1st year bumper upgrade is not as functional or as modular as future Ford designs and the aftermarket will come up with. So I reverted my order to the stock plastic bumper with the fog lights. I'll wait for a more functional future option. Most of the prototype steel bumpers do include the fog lights.

Finally, for me, the rear bumper is much more important than the front. And for beach ORV people like me, most accessories, like rod holders with cooler boxes, are mounted into the rear hitch receiver (or, old school, a second, front hitch receiver)!

In the OBX prototype pictured, I would NEVER travel with tackled fishing rods mounted on the front of the vehicle, whether on a front bumper or a special hood attachment as pictured. The lures, tackle or weights WILL become loose while traveling and smash the paint and windshield. Furthermore, Beach anglers back in toward the surf, and mounting attachments at the back of the vehicle are preferred. Otherwise, the other accessories are cool.

Attachments

Reactions: Deano Bronc

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Actually, now that I look more at it, there is NO reason to get the MOD bumper for $825, full bash plated for $395, and then add $300 for the ugly sissy bar looking thing (that cost them these upgrades), that's $1520 right there Ford saved me and then add the $495 from the headliner, they actually bought my front bumper and I keep the fog lights too! So due to their redesigns, they lost $2,015 in upgrades plus the fog light costs that I would have lost with the upgrades.

Lakesinai

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 21, 2020
Mt Pleasant, SC, USA
First Name
JOHN
Last Name
SORENSEN
Member #

Actually, now that I look more at it, there is NO reason to get the MOD bumper for $825, full bash plated for $395, and then add $300 for the ugly sissy bar looking thing (that cost them these upgrades), that's $1520 right there Ford saved me and then add the $495 from the headliner, they actually bought my front bumper and I keep the fog lights too! So due to their redesigns, they lost $2,015 in upgrades plus the fog light costs that I would have lost with the upgrades.
Don't worry, you'll spend that $2,000 eventually! I've still got to buy some sort of soft top . . .

Reactions: TK1215