Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

So judging from the "which top" poll post, I seem to be in the minority as one who ordered a soft top (on 4dr BB). This post seems to tell me I'm screwed if I wanted a hard top later. Do we think there will eventually be Ford accessory/aftermarket options for a hard top if I don't purchase one with the build?
I agree with you on this one! I thought ordering a soft top on my 4 door BD would ensure me a 21 delivery and I’d just get a hardtop in the winter...... I guess I have to get the MIC hardtop now and order a soft top from dealer or aftermarket as soon as possible
I had that idea but then learned I’d lose the rear defrost and wiper/wash if I went soft first, so figured at least a July delivery I’d go hardtop and then come next spring look at soft tops as more options should be out.

Macjr67

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 20, 2021
Henderson Harbor, NY, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Clement
I had that idea but then learned I’d lose the rear defrost and wiper/wash if I went soft first, so figured at least a July delivery I’d go hardtop and then come next spring look at soft tops as more options should be out.
I’m thinking I’ll just get the MIC, order the toss in top from dealer. Remove hard top for summer...‍♂

Charlie M

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 31, 2021
Peyton, CO, USA
First Name
UglyTop
Last Name
MIC
Member #

So if I am able to get my '21 model with a gray hardtop, is there a photo to see what that will look like? The build page does not give you an option and my dealership contact is useless.
Also, If I were to do that would the sound deadening still be credited back to me?
No, it is so ugly they're afraid to show it. I've looked high and low and no matter where you look they change the lighting, add purple lighting, shade it etc. They are so embarrassed about how awful it is they just hide it. It's a cheap alternative top. I guess it's meant for people that don't really want a top. The color is meant to match the low end grill models.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

No, it is so ugly they're afraid to show it. I've looked high and low and no matter where you look they change the lighting, add purple lighting, shade it etc. They are so embarrassed about how awful it is they just hide it. It's a cheap alternative top. I guess it's meant for people that don't really want a top. The color is meant to match the low end grill models.
How is it an alternate top? It was the original hard top I think. I personally like the texture and color. I like that it is a matte color and that it matches, more closely, the trim of the “low end, grill model” ;) of the Badlands. I think it looks good with the muted black of the door handles and bumpers And carbonized grill. I do think the gloss black looks good on some models and colors but not all. It all comes down to personal preference. I’m not sure about the embarrassed or wanting to hide it. I would definitely say they aren’t embarrassed by it. But there is plenty for them to be embarrassed about regarding the rollout though!:ROFLMAO:

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

How is it an alternate top? It was the original hard top I think. I personally like the texture and color. I like that it is a matte color and that it matches, more closely, the trim of the “low end, grill model” ;) of the Badlands.
Agreed there, I ordered it straight away on my initial build as I wasn't a fan of the matching top when in reality it would be coming on and off and the durability of the paint?? Then of course came the delay of the MOD so I was still happy going with the MIC. Sure I would love the opening of the rear MOD windows but oh well there for me

MN_OuterBanks

Rank III

Promoter III

Mar 19, 2021
MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wesanto
Agreed there, I ordered it straight away on my initial build as I wasn't a fan of the matching top when in reality it would be coming on and off and the durability of the paint?? Then of course came the delay of the MOD so I was still happy going with the MIC. Sure I would love the opening of the rear MOD windows but oh well there for me
So the very back MOD windows opened? Interesting

Reactions: Commodore

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

So the very back MOD windows opened? Interesting
They are removable

Sevosandman

Rank 0

Advocate I

May 28, 2020
San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
Perry
Last Name
Sales
Man... my dealer convinced me to change my order from a MOD top to a MIC top because there was no way I'd get it in 21, so I changed to a MIC. If I would have not listened to him, even though he was right, and stayed with the MOD and now switched to a MIC I would receive $1,000 in Ford Pass credits. Feels like I'm being punished for not being greedy.
Same boat! ‍So much for helping my dealership out...

Last edited:

Advocate I

Mar 12, 2021
Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Mauney
I agree with you on this one! I thought ordering a soft top on my 4 door BD would ensure me a 21 delivery and I’d just get a hardtop in the winter...... I guess I have to get the MIC hardtop now and order a soft top from dealer or aftermarket as soon as possible
Has anyone confirmed that a soft top will work if you just order the MIC now, and not the dual top option?

Reactions: Commodore

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

The removable rear windows are something I wish was on the MIC. I love how the A51 BL Overland build looks with the panels

lonzo71

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

You know, after thinking it about a few days, I’m going to hang in there. I’ve enjoyed Ford products, I really like the Bronco brand, and every since the release of info saying they were bringing it back to live I’ve been hooked. Besides, I’ll pay off my current car loan and have a nice deposit or able to get some accessories