New Production Timing FAQs From Ford

David
Mar 25, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

FAQs PRODUCTION TIMING, ALLOCATION & NEW INVESTMENT

If 2021 model year Broncos arrive this summer, when does 2022 model year production start? Production for the 2022 model year Bronco two-door and four-door will begin in late fourth quarter, with vehicles arriving at dealers in the first quarter of 2022.

Will customers who have confidently placed their order, now by pushed into 2022 model year?
As 2021 model year is only seven months and with overwhelming demand for Broncos – many customers orders were always going to be built in the 2022 model year, which was announced last summer. Customer delivery is based on the configuration of the Bronco they have chosen, their selected dealer and their reservation timestamp. We will notify all customers an estimated delivery window in late-May.

You say that you are investing millions to help production, does this include improvements to the supply-base capacity.
Yes, the investment does include supply-base improvements to eliminate bottlenecks for the unprecedented Bronco two-door and four-door demand.

What does price protection for 22MY mean?
For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 we will maintain MSRP of a comparably equipped 2022MY Bronco if their order is not scheduled in 2021MY MODULAR HARD TOP, DUAL-TOP ROOFS, AND HEADLINER.

Why is Ford making the change to a complimentary Sound Deadening Headliner?
Ford is making this change in response to customer feedback. In order to give the customer more value with their Bronco, the sound deadening headliner will be offered throughout the Bronco lineup and will provide an improved interior with reduced cabin noise.

Will customers still be able to easily remove the roof panels with the headliner? Does is add much weight?
Yes, the roof panels will be easily removable by the same method as hardtops that are not equipped with the sound deadening headliner. The weight increase is minimal, at five pounds.

Can customers still rinse out my Bronco with the sound deadening material?
Yes, the headliner does not impact that ability to spray out the floor of the wash-out interior. However, we do not recommend spraying the headliner and because of this we are making the sound deadening headliner a no charge option on 2021MY Bronco hardtops ordered with marine grade vinyl seats.

Will adding this feature have any impact on when customers receive their Bronco? Will it take any longer?
No, adding the headliner will have no impact on when vehicles will be delivered.

Will those that ordered the sound deadening headliner option now receive a credit?
Yes, orders which included the sound deadening headliner will be reduced by $495 MSRP.

If a customer did not add the Sound Deadening Headliner, will their hardtop order automatically update to include the Sound Deadening Headliner at no cost?
Cloth & Leather Interior Orders: Yes, the order will automatically receive a headliner and receive no pricing change Marine Grade Vinyl Interior Orders: No. We encourage you to talk with your dealership if you wish to have it added at no charge.

If a customer previously added the Sound Deadening Headliner, will their order automatically reduce by $495?
Yes. Orders already including the Sound Deadening Headliner will automatically be reduced by $495. No action is required on the customer or dealership side to reflect.

Ford previously announced the Sound Deadening Headliner was not compatible with certain options due to the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). How does this announcement impact the GVWR?
Upon finalization of vehicle testing, Ford determined that the Sound Deadening Headliner did not cause the vehicle to surpass max GVWR.

If a Bronco two-door or four-door First Edition customer does not want the molded-in-color (MIC) roof, what happens to their 2021 order?
Given that the Bronco First Edition series is only a 2021 model year, these customers can choose another series by April 8, or keep the First Edition with MIC hardtop. If the customer elects to keep the MIC hardtop, then we are hoping to help make up for this with an additional 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1000 value), when the customer takes delivery of their Bronco. Furthermore, we are providing complimentary sound deadening headliners on all Bronco two-door and four-door models now when ordered with a molded-in-color hard top roof. Since this is a standard option on First Edition series, we’ll be reducing the MSRP by $495.

Can a customer order a 2021 Bronco with soft top now, and then purchase a modular hard top at a later date?
No. Bronco four-door models with soft top are not equipped with the necessary connections to support the rear windshield wiper assembly.

If a customer would like to wait for a 2022MY Bronco to ensure they receive a Black Painted Modular Hard Top or Dual Top, does their order need to be updated?
All orders that currently wish to receive the Black Painted Modular Hard Top or Dual Roofs should contact your dealership to make the desired change to wait for 2022MY. Notate “22MY Wait’ in the WBDO comments section.

If a non-First Edition customer currently has the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected, what are their options?
As the black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will not be available until 2022 model year, these customers have three choices: Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly) and will have until April 8 to work with their dealer to update/modify their order:

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof​
2. Order the black soft top roof (Excludes Bronco two-door models and WildTrak series)​
3. Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year To thank customers who have placed an order for the black painted modular roof or dual tops for their patience, Ford is offering 200,000 FordPass Rewards points ($1000 value) for any customer that takes delivery of a 2021MY Bronco​

Can a customer who wants a different Bronco two- or four-door series change? What happens to their place in line?
Customers can change their order up until it is scheduled. The customer’s timestamp will remain with their reservation and order. We are working on a process to convert / “rollover” 2021 model year orders to 2022 model year and will have more to share on this at a later date.

What factory roof options are available for 21MY Broncos?
2-Door: Carbonized Gray Molded-in-Color Roof 4-Door: Black Soft Top, Carbonized Gray Molded-in-Color (MIC) Roof 2 and 4 Door First Edition & Wildtrak: Carbonized Gray Molded-in-Color (MIC) Roof There will also be several roof options available at Job 1 through the Ford Accessory channel.

Will other roof options be available for 22MY?
Yes. The black painted modular hard top roof (MOD) will be available along with the previously announced White Painted Top. Dual Tops will also be available.

Where can I find more information about the roof options for the Bronco?
Please visit the below site outlining out 2021 Bronco Roof options. https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../album/2021/2021-ford-bronco-roofoptions.html

When will the Ford Accessory Catalog be available for the complete accessory lineup?
The catalog will be available in April.

Can the rear windows be removed from the MIC roof top?
No. That is a feature unique to the Black Painted Modular Top.

What can the Off-Roadeo voucher be used for?
The voucher can be used for Bronco owners attending the Off Roadeo on Bronco Off-Roadeo merchandise, guest fees, or adventure add-ons.

How do customers redeem FordPass Rewards Points?
FordPass Rewards Points will be added at time of delivery to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at their local Ford Dealer. We will share more regarding FordPass Rewards and its benefits as you get closer to taking delivery of your Ford Bronco.

What should customers do if they are confused?
If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer or the Bronco Customer Care Team in Ford’s Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375. DEALER PROCESSES.

How will the production update for 2021MY affect my dealership’s allocation?
The allocation formula remains unchanged.

If I am unable to make contact with all of my customers who ordered the Marine Grade Vinyl interior prior to April 8th, what will happen to their order?
Orders with the MGV interior that are not updated by April 8th will remain with the option the customer initially selected. Reminder: Orders can be amended until they have a scheduled date.

I am receiving compatibility issues in WBDO when I add in the Sound Deadening Headliner, are there any builds where the Sound Deadening Headliner cannot be added?
The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options. For issues with WBDO, please contact [email protected]

Do these changes have an impact on the Bronco Mannequin FCTP Program timing?
No, FCTP deliveries remain on plan for summer deliveries.

For customers now wanting to wait for 22MY Broncos, how do I update their priority code to 99?
Regional teams have the capability to update priority codes back to 99.

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Jrusek, ABQNMBronco
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021

Life is a Highway

Mar 25, 2021

Thank you David, I know that none of this is easy
HerBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

Hey @David,
The FAQs document is helpful. Thank you!
I need to study it in greater detail, but it is a good first step.
Esteban may need to "step out into the daylight" for a follow-up Q&A with a designated BN person. Hey, the BN person will be nice and maybe wear flannel. ;)
Bronco-itis, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

FORD OVAL
March 25, 2021
Dear Bronco Owner:
When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. In fact, we didn't expect as many orders for high-end series, packages, and options.
Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in product changes for your Bronco order, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Production Update
While retail deliveries remain on track to begin this Summer, the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco than initially planned. We are addressing this longer wait by:
  • Investing millions of additional dollars to increase production of key high demand features so you can take delivery of your ideal Bronco as soon as possible
  • Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
Complimentary Sound Deadening Headliner
To make this right, we'll be providing a complimentary sound deadening headliner on all Broncos equipped with a molded-in-color roof ($495 value).
  • If you ordered with cloth or leather interior you will receive the headliner automatically.
  • If you ordered with Marine Grade Vinyl interior you will have the option to add in the headliner at no cost, as you may want the functionality of a wash out interior.
  • With regard to pricing, if your vehicle is equipped with the sound deadening headliner, your price will be reduced by $495 MSRP.
While You Wait
We know you want your Bronco. And we want to get you and your Bronco out on the trails as soon as possible. While you wait, we're developing exclusive experiences for you, including early access to Bronco Off-Roadeo and we are providing you a $250 voucher to be used at any one of the four Bronco Off-Roadeos – this can be used for experience add-ons, merchandise, or toward the price of bringing a guest and is valid until December 2023. To learn more about Bronco Off-Roadeo, www.BroncoOffRoadeo.com – we hope we see you there. Finally, we will be sending exclusive invitations to upcoming events, where you'll have the opportunity to experience Bronco firsthand.
Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.
We appreciate your patience and your business. And we thank you for giving us the opportunity to try and make this right.
Order Updates Due April 8
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to update/modify your order. If you have any questions about how these product updates or customer satisfaction offers impact you, please contact your Ford Dealer, the Bronco Customer Care Team at Ford's Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375 or view our FAQs here.
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
All Rights Reserved.
Follow Ford​

Ford on Facebook

Ford on Twitter

Ford on YouTube

Ford on Instagram
FORD OVAL
This email was sent by: Program Headquarters
P.O. Box 312290 Detroit, MI 48231 United State
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

Looks like my Base will probably be moving up in the queue. Ford obviously overpromised and will inevitably under deliver but it seems they are trying to make things right.
Rydfree, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

Thank you for sharing this in-depth information. Good read.
Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

*throws monitor out of the window*
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

"What should customers do if they are confused?"

This one is my favorite :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Mar 25, 2021

FORD OVAL
March 25, 2021
Dear Bronco Owner:
When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. In fact, we didn't expect as many orders for high-end series, packages, and options.
Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in product changes for your Bronco order, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Production Update
While retail deliveries remain on track to begin this Summer, the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco than initially planned. We are addressing this longer wait by:
  • Investing millions of additional dollars to increase production of key high demand features so you can take delivery of your ideal Bronco as soon as possible
  • Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.
Complimentary Sound Deadening Headliner
To make this right, we'll be providing a complimentary sound deadening headliner on all Broncos equipped with a molded-in-color roof ($495 value).
  • If you ordered with cloth or leather interior you will receive the headliner automatically.
  • If you ordered with Marine Grade Vinyl interior you will have the option to add in the headliner at no cost, as you may want the functionality of a wash out interior.
  • With regard to pricing, if your vehicle is equipped with the sound deadening headliner, your price will be reduced by $495 MSRP.
While You Wait
We know you want your Bronco. And we want to get you and your Bronco out on the trails as soon as possible. While you wait, we're developing exclusive experiences for you, including early access to Bronco Off-Roadeo and we are providing you a $250 voucher to be used at any one of the four Bronco Off-Roadeos – this can be used for experience add-ons, merchandise, or toward the price of bringing a guest and is valid until December 2023. To learn more about Bronco Off-Roadeo, www.BroncoOffRoadeo.com – we hope we see you there. Finally, we will be sending exclusive invitations to upcoming events, where you'll have the opportunity to experience Bronco firsthand.
Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, remain on track to begin deliveries this summer. As a reminder, in late May, we will provide you with more information on the estimated delivery timing for your Bronco and we're committed to keeping you up-to-date through the entire delivery process.
We appreciate your patience and your business. And we thank you for giving us the opportunity to try and make this right.
Order Updates Due April 8
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to update/modify your order. If you have any questions about how these product updates or customer satisfaction offers impact you, please contact your Ford Dealer, the Bronco Customer Care Team at Ford's Marketing Program Headquarters at 800-334-4375 or view our FAQs here.
Mark Grueber
Bronco Marketing Manager
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
All Rights Reserved.
Follow Ford​

Ford on Facebook

Ford on Twitter

Ford on YouTube

Ford on Instagram

FORD OVAL
This email was sent by: Program Headquarters
P.O. Box 312290 Detroit, MI 48231 United State

This is actually very well done. Kudos to Mark!
Just keep in mind, this places a new spotlight on Off-Roadeo. Regular updates on what is happening with the planning process might be very beneficial.
Bronc96, ATC Enthusiast

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

Well that was a great explanation. I was under the impression that we could modify our orders up until the "scheduled for build" notification. Is this still a thing because the email sounded like we only had until the 8th to change our minds and then the deal is sealed and we all have that slow crawl to end of May.
Bronc96, ABQNMBronco

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

"What should customers do if they are confused?"

This one is my favorite :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The answer is even funnier "If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer..."

Majority of the time they (Dealerships) find out after we do here (Bronco Nation) or Bronco6G.
les16j, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

Well that was a great explanation. I was under the impression that we could modify our orders up until the "scheduled for build" notification. Is this still a thing because the email sounded like we only had until the 8th to change our minds and then the deal is sealed and we all have that slow crawl to end of May.

A lot of information to digest but they do cover that.

If I am unable to make contact with all of my customers who ordered the Marine Grade Vinyl interior prior to April 8th, what will happen to their order?
Orders with the MGV interior that are not updated by April 8th will remain with the option the customer initially selected. Reminder: Orders can be amended until they have a scheduled date.
Bronc96, Rhiostatic

Rank IV

Mar 25, 2021

So judging from the "which top" poll post, I seem to be in the minority as one who ordered a soft top (on 4dr BB). This post seems to tell me I'm screwed if I wanted a hard top later. Do we think there will eventually be Ford accessory/aftermarket options for a hard top if I don't purchase one with the build?
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr, cactus gray, soft top, 4.27 rear end
June 7--no wait, June 28 build date

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

A lot of information to digest but they do cover that.
thanks @Gutter Clown read right over the top of that one! I read the email and skimmed David's call. lol
Deano Bronc, Gutter Clown

Rank V

Mar 25, 2021

A question about the 200K FordPass Rewards Points. I assume this will be in addition to the 62K FordPass Rewards Points Ford is already giving us for the delay back in December.... correct???
65MustangsRock, Deano Bronc
OBXBroncoGuy

Mar 25, 2021

If I’m getting a 22MY, why would I have till April to make changes that I wouldn’t know anything about till May? I know what the email really meant, but just the way the email is put out,is just a bunch of BS excuses to justify what they are(not) doing. I don’t know if I’m willing to wait till next Aug to get this, and really don’t want to wait till the end of the year to find out what options would be available for 22MY. They already know what options are going to be for 22MY, lets put them out since the majority of us will get it
ATC Enthusiast

Rank V

Mar 26, 2021

Customers can change their order up until it is scheduled.
Oh no. If my build date was after summer I was going to push to '22. Now that's not an option? :(

Rank VI

Mar 26, 2021

Thanks @David good summary. Not the best news, but can’t say it was unexpected. Seems all the FE holders received the email today about the Modular Top, I am pleased that Ford has offered some compensation for the inconvenience.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
bdawson24, Gutter Clown

Life is a Highway

Mar 26, 2021

I am getting BL with MIC. Got the same notice from Ford today
Sevosandman, Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Mar 26, 2021

I’m getting a Wildtrak with the MIC top already, so I’ll still get mine in 2021. Nothing to change. I hope nothing else gets delayed! Fingers crossed with prayers...lol!
Bronco-itis, ResidualGenius