Pre purchasing winch?

dover157
Jul 30, 2022

Rank VI

Jul 30, 2022

While I’m still waiting for my order to be selected by the bingo callers at FMC I like many others have started a collection of little upgrades to install when the Bronco finally gets here. Last few days I have been thinking about ordering a winch and mounting kit to add to that pile. My thinking is that it will be much easier to pay for it now while I do not have a vehicle payment to worry about. I’m also considering the fact that with prices going up on everything if I wait until I have the bronco I’ll end up spending a lot more to get it. Is it crazy to make that large of a purchase in advance when I have absolutely no clue when I’ll get the truck? Seriously just looking for a sounding board here and curious about your opinions on buying the winch in advance.
Before it’s asked I’m considering the RC hidden winch kit for my planed non Squatch BD 2dr. Even though I have voiced that I don’t like that you have to reach down through the engine compartment to engage the free spool. I made a pro/con list between this kit and a traditional bumper mounted winch and feel that for my intended build and use the hidden winch is the better option even with this drawback.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2022

Rank VI

Jul 30, 2022

Yes… it’s crazy. It’s like a young lady buying a wedding dress before she’s even found a date. You don’t know what the interest rates are going to be you don’t know what the price is going to be you don’t know when and if the Bronco will ever be in your driveway so yes it’s crazy. Good luck.
dover157

Rank VI

Jul 30, 2022

Yes… it’s crazy. It’s like a young lady buying a wedding dress before she’s even found a date. You don’t know what the interest rates are going to be you don’t know what the price is going to be you don’t know when and if the Bronco will ever be in your driveway so yes it’s crazy. Good luck.
Lol the unknown interest rates and doubt beginning to set in about if it will even even get made is what kept me from doing it already.
Bronco 202?

Rank V

Jul 30, 2022

While I’m still waiting for my order to be selected by the bingo callers at FMC I like many others have started a collection of little upgrades to install when the Bronco finally gets here. Last few days I have been thinking about ordering a winch and mounting kit to add to that pile. My thinking is that it will be much easier to pay for it now while I do not have a vehicle payment to worry about. I’m also considering the fact that with prices going up on everything if I wait until I have the bronco I’ll end up spending a lot more to get it. Is it crazy to make that large of a purchase in advance when I have absolutely no clue when I’ll get the truck? Seriously just looking for a sounding board here and curious about your opinions on buying the winch in advance.
Before it’s asked I’m considering the RC hidden winch kit for my planed non Squatch BD 2dr. Even though I have voiced that I don’t like that you have to reach down through the engine compartment to engage the free spool. I made a pro/con list between this kit and a traditional bumper mounted winch and feel that for my intended build and use the hidden winch is the better option even with this drawback.

I kind of did the same, and came to the conclusion that if I'm never going to use the winch, and still want one, I'll get the hidden winch mount lol. So I plan on using the winch and went with the RC high winch mount. Took barley over an hour to mount, and relocated my front cam to the filler plate where the light bar would go if I had one. Also didn't have to relocate any coolers/hoses and cut/grind off any brackets like I would with the hidden mount. Bought the cam extension cable from Amazon for less than $10 to my door.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Rank VI

Jul 30, 2022

Lol the unknown interest rates and doubt beginning to set in about if it will even even get made is what kept me from doing it already.
We all have Spidey senses just some people choose to ignore them.
dover157

Life is a Highway

Jul 30, 2022

I have resisted the urge to purchase any accessories. Not until I have a build
BadlandsHotPepper22, dover157

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 31, 2022

I have resisted the urge to purchase any accessories. Not until I have a build
Slacker! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
MarkPS, TK1215

Rank V

Jul 31, 2022

I personally went with the RC high winch mount. Maintains approach angle, way out of the mud if I get stuck and the cost was hard to beat. Still thinking about thimble, link or hook for the end of the rope.

74078F98-9173-4C1D-9A74-04076676A57D.jpeg
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Deano Bronc, Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Jul 31, 2022

I personally went with the RC high winch mount. Maintains approach angle, way out of the mud if I get stuck and the cost was hard to beat. Still thinking about thimble, link or hook for the end of the rope.

View attachment 40996
Looks good. I’m also curious what they will come up with that will mount on the capable bumper. Don’t have any of the fancy sensors or cameras on my order so not worried about that.

Rank V

Aug 01, 2022

View attachment 40996
Like the looks of that. Is it a direct, E-Z bolt on to the upgraded Bronco bumper, accessory ?
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22

Rank VI

Sep 04, 2022

Since I have a build date for next week this topic has come to the front of my mind again. Does anyone know if there are mounting dimension differences between the MOD bumper and the capable? If the factory recovery points are the same distance apart it seem that a high winch mount for the MOD should work on the capable right?