Anyone get an email wanting $1k to reconfirm their order??

Garemlin
May 16, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

May 16, 2022

Friend of mine got in touch with me and asked to find out if there is any truth to this. See the text of the email below.

I actually contacted Tom at Chapman and asked him about it. His words were "fake news".

If you are a dealer and want to go rogue with your own rules so be it. But don't try to pass it off as a Ford policy.

And as far as canceling the order that is laughable. It will go into their inventory and be sold with an ADM.

Due to current market and supply conditions Ford is requiring dealers to re-confirm their retail orders. In order to confirm the orders scheduled, a pre payment of $1,000 will be required to ensure the integrity of all orders placed. The $1,000 will go towards your order as down money upon delivery. We can take credit card information over the phone for the pre payment towards your build.

This will also ensure that our valued Ford customers who have been patiently waiting and want to keep their builds, are prioritized over those with different intentions. Please respond and let me know if you have FULL INTENTIONS OF PURCHASING AND REGISTERING THE VEHICLE IN YOUR NAME. If you are unsure, or if we don't receive a response within 48 HOURS, the order will be CANCELLED.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to ongoing changes Ford makes us abide by throughout this time.
Deano Bronc, thgdfathr
Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2022

Libations MOD

May 16, 2022

Friend of mine got in touch with me and asked to find out if there is any truth to this. See the text of the email below.

I actually contacted Tom at Chapman and asked him about it. His words were "fake news".

If you are a dealer and want to go rogue with your own rules so be it. But don't try to pass it off as a Ford policy.

And as far as canceling the order that is laughable. It will go into their inventory and be sold with an ADM.
They twisted FMC request to confirm orders are real and you needed to provide a DL was the only thing FMC has done.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
thgdfathr

Rank III

May 16, 2022

I'm an IT guy. This sounds as much like a phishing attempt as I have ever seen. IF this is legit (which I guess it could be), I'd call, ask to speak with the manager, and as calmly as possible explain that not only is this sort of behavior explicitly frowned upon by Ford, but that you're going to have to call the Ford hotline at 1-800-392-3673 to report their dealership, which will make it difficult for them to have more Broncos to sell. It'd be a shame if that were to happen, but as a dutiful Bronco owner, your hands are tied.

Don't play.
4-dr Badlands 2.3L/manual, MIC, mod bumper.
7/14/20 res, Built 5/11/22, Shipped 5/13/22, Delivered 6/7/22
Chris Draughon, Scotter7532