New member looking for advice

michaeld2017
Feb 18, 2022

Rank IV

Feb 18, 2022

I bought a 96 351w XLT a month or so ago with rusty fenders and cab corners. I have 0 experience doing body work on cars and don't have a welder, but I have been researching online cause I want her looking as good as she sounds. Does anyone have any good videos of welding/body work on a gen 5 that you could send my way? Or anyone close to Northern VA that would be able to guide me a little bit? This purchase was awesome and I don't regret it for a second, but I'm in way over my experience level.
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2022

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 18, 2022

I bought a 96 351w XLT a month or so ago with rusty fenders and cab corners. I have 0 experience doing body work on cars and don't have a welder, but I have been researching online cause I want her looking as good as she sounds. Does anyone have any good videos of welding/body work on a gen 5 that you could send my way? Or anyone close to Northern VA that would be able to guide me a little bit? This purchase was awesome and I don't regret it for a second, but I'm in way over my experience level.
Welcome to Bronco Nation. Just letting you know that I'll be moving your thread to the correct section. I think you'll have more luck with someone answering your questions there.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

No Ragerts

Feb 20, 2022

Congrats on the new ride and good luck bringing the old girl back to pristine condition.

Instead of trying to cut out and repair all the rust, perhaps just replace the rusty parts with new? Check out LMCTruck - they sell all the needed pieces and reasonably priced too

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/body-panels/fd-1987-96-rear-steel-body-parts
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
michaeld2017, Deano Bronc