New Member (Dealer)

matthewrobinsonford
Aug 27, 2021

Rank 0

Aug 27, 2021

New member here. Matthew Robinson, I'm at Lakeland Ford in Florida. Hoping to meet some more great members of the Bronco community on here.

If you have questions I'll try to answer, just remember that Ford is giving information to Order holders before they are even telling that order holders dealer about updates.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matthew.robinson.ford/
Laura, bdawson24
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2021

Home, home on the range

Aug 27, 2021

New member here. Matthew Robinson, I'm at Lakeland Ford in Florida. Hoping to meet some more great members of the Bronco community on here.

If you have questions I'll try to answer, just remember that Ford is giving information to Order holders before they are even telling that order holders dealer about updates.
And then tell members if they have questions to call their dealer :oops:
Welcome to the forum!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
14U, Wamland

Gladesmen

Aug 27, 2021

And if you have questions too. Welcome to the Nation Matthew!
Thank you for the offer, and enjoy your time here.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc
OBXBroncoGuy

Aug 27, 2021

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Life is a Highway

Aug 28, 2021

Welcome to the BN! I would advise you to not ask people if they have any questions. They will be unrelenting. A brood of Jackals! :ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Rank 0

Aug 28, 2021

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Am I allowed to talk about if I have a Bronco for sale on here? Don't want to break any rules right off the bat.

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Am I allowed to talk about if I have a Bronco for sale on here? Don't want to break any rules right off the bat.
An OG or a new one?

Also there is not a for sale section on the forums but people have sold some Bronco related items with no trouble in the past. As far as the actual rules of listing a vehicle for sale on here that I don't know.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 28, 2021

Hope you got thick skin.
SuperMike, bdawson24

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

Welcome ! Lets hear it, whatcha got? I wouldn’t advise anything above msrp, forum people are a little sensitive on the subject. You shouldn’t even need to advertise if you have a Bronco for sale, unless there is a significant ADM.
nic, Bschurr

Home, home on the range

Aug 28, 2021

If there is a dealer markup just be upfront about it and expect feedback.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 28, 2021

Welcome ! Lets hear it, whatcha got? I wouldn’t advise anything above msrp, forum people are a little sensitive on the subject. You shouldn’t even need to advertise if you have a Bronco for sale, unless there is a significant ADM.

There should be no dealer vehicle sales on this board just to avoid the fallout I guarantee will come.

Rank V

Aug 28, 2021

Welcome Matt. What is Lakeland Ford's position re markups over MSRP, a.k.a. "gouging" :)

Rank V

Aug 28, 2021

What circumstances led to the original order holder refusing delivery? This is something I just don't get, why are all these people ordering Broncos if they don't really want one?
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

OP reaction to forum be like—-

C58F55EE-747C-4E2E-8C90-2E6160829515.gif
SuperMike, Rydfree

Rank 0

Aug 30, 2021

Welcome Matt. What is Lakeland Ford's position re markups over MSRP, a.k.a. "gouging" :)
If a customer placed an order with us they are being charged the previously agreed price (MSRP plus taxes and fees). Markup to non-order holders is called capitalism and dictated by supply and demand. I know why some dealers are doing this and it's bad business and a poor choice on their part.

Charging over MSRP for one that is now stock is completely fair as that is what supply and demand in a capitalist society is about. If we sold water during a hurricane at an excessive amount that would be price gouging and exploitation. If we're selling a vehicle, that isn't required as there are plenty of other options available, over MSRP that is market demand.

What circumstances led to the original order holder refusing delivery? This is something I just don't get, why are all these people ordering Broncos if they don't really want one?
The order holder on this one turned out to be a 550 credit score. And didn’t understand why a bank wouldn’t finance them for $40K+. Any dealer that is trying to change price on an order holder after the fact is a moron to me for two reasons. One it’s just wrong and two social media will destroy you.

We have a Black Diamond Bronco for sale: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5DH9MLA74697
We are asking $20k over but we have no problem talking about the price. I'm figuring 90% of the people on here (if not more) already have an order somewhere and won't be interested. The people who are having to wait until 2023 and don't want to. This one is for sale. We'll even ship it to you if needed.

There is also the possibility I'll have a used one to sell in the next few days as well.

Attachments

Mr. B, LR48

Rank V

Aug 30, 2021

Fair and honest response Matt :) Welcome again to the forum !
Mr. B, jon1drfl

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2021

If a customer placed an order with us they are being charged the previously agreed price (MSRP plus taxes and fees). Markup to non-order holders is called capitalism and dictated by supply and demand. I know why some dealers are doing this and it's bad business and a poor choice on their part.

Charging over MSRP for one that is now stock is completely fair as that is what supply and demand in a capitalist society is about. If we sold water during a hurricane at an excessive amount that would be price gouging and exploitation. If we're selling a vehicle, that isn't required as there are plenty of other options available, over MSRP that is market demand.

The order holder on this one turned out to be a 550 credit score. And didn’t understand why a bank wouldn’t finance them for $40K+. Any dealer that is trying to change price on an order holder after the fact is a moron to me for two reasons. One it’s just wrong and two social media will destroy you.

We have a Black Diamond Bronco for sale: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5DH9MLA74697
We are asking $20k over but we have no problem talking about the price. I'm figuring 90% of the people on here (if not more) already have an order somewhere and won't be interested. The people who are having to wait until 2023 and don't want to. This one is for sale. We'll even ship it to you if needed.

There is also the possibility I'll have a used one to sell in the next few days as well.

The only part of this I disagree with is the idea that nobody here would be interested in that Black Diamond. There are most likely plenty of people on here who have that exact build and have been waiting interminably to get it. And every single one of those people should get first right of refusal at the cost they agreed upon before offering it to anybody else. I know that, from your perspective, the dealership and Ford are separate entities. But that doesn't change the optics from a customer standpoint that Ford (both the dealership and the corporation) is putting the almighty dollar above customer satisfaction. As a first time (future) Ford owner, this is doing nothing for my loyalty to the brand.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
jm7067, Rydfree

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 30, 2021

The only part of this I disagree with is the idea that nobody here would be interested in that Black Diamond. There are most likely plenty of people on here who have that exact build and have been waiting interminably to get it. And every single one of those people should get first right of refusal at the cost they agreed upon before offering it to anybody else. I know that, from your perspective, the dealership and Ford are separate entities. But that doesn't change the optics from a customer standpoint that Ford (both the dealership and the corporation) is putting the almighty dollar above customer satisfaction. As a first time (future) Ford owner, this is doing nothing for my loyalty to the brand.
I understand that ADM's are never going to be something that we as consumers will ever want or fully accept but what you are eluding to is just plain unreasonable. So you expect the dealership or Ford to start surveying all the order holders to see if they would want this build? Do you think Ford should ship it to them at Ford's expense also? As far as Ford is concerned, it is the property of the dealership once it leaves the plant.

What I don't find unreasonable, would be for the dealership to ask their current customers if they would consider the build at MSRP. That is a sign of a dealership with integrity and cares about their customers. It's really up to the dealership what they want to do with it at this point. It will make someone a happy Bronco owner eventually.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
SlashRacer, SuperMike

Rank 0

Aug 30, 2021

Edit: As the dealership we notified our customers to see if any of them would be interested first. We can't notify other dealerships order holders about the vehicle being for sale except through means such as this.

I understand that ADM's are never going to be something that we as consumers will ever want or fully accept but what you are eluding to is just plain unreasonable. So you expect the dealership or Ford to start surveying all the order holders to see if they would want this build? Do you think Ford should ship it to them at Ford's expense also? As far as Ford is concerned, it is the property of the dealership once it leaves the plant.

What I don't find unreasonable, would be for the dealership to ask their current customers if they would consider the build at MSRP. That is a sign of a dealership with integrity and cares about their customers. It's really up to the dealership what they want to do with it at this point. It will make someone a happy Bronco owner eventually.
My current customers have been notified (I can't be certain every customer has been but mine have been). They are only interested in their orders and what they built.
KennyMac, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Aug 30, 2021

Markup to non-order holders is called capitalism and dictated by supply and demand.

Love a big fan of capitalism... now tell me about your thoughts on direct distribution.

Also, this isn't exactly your typical "supply and demand" scenario. Over 100k customers reserved a product (knowing they'll pay MSRP). The producer has yet to produce that product for those customers. One slips through and you go, "oh look... there's 90k people who have a demand and I now have supply."

Any reservation holder should be able to buy your supply at MSRP.
[O- 725 -O]
LR48, jm7067