Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Turns out, the high level instrument panel option that was talked about in some early marketing material for the new Ford Bronco wasn’t actually an option at all. We’ve confirmed with Ford that the IPs on all 2021 Broncos are the same across all series. The option does not include the BYOD rack or a different instrumentation panel. Essentially, the “high level instrument panel” doesn’t exist and is being removed from the order guide. This is why we haven’t included a picture of it in this post.

Mystery solved.

jaruss01

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 20, 2021
NJ, USA
First Name
JONATHAN
Last Name
RUSSO
Based on photos of the current road show Broncos in rotation - the OBX and higher trims, APPEAR to have a different dash material than the BD and down. Some have said it looks like a rubberized coating and the graining looks different. Consistently.

So does that mean- 1, 2 or 3?
1. We are envisioning things and the road show Broncos all have the same non HLIP dash?
2. The road show Broncos actually do have the better dash materials on the upper trims. But we aren’t getting this. We’re getting the BD and down scratchy hollow dash surround?
3. The dashboard materials on the higher tier Broncos we are seeing on the roadshow is here to stay and has nothing to do with HLIP

Reactions: TK1215

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Based on photos of the current road show Broncos in rotation - the OBX and higher trims, APPEAR to have a different dash material than the BD and down. Some have said it looks like a rubberized coating and the graining looks different. Consistently.

So does that mean- 1, 2 or 3?
1. We are envisioning things and the road show Broncos all have the same non HLIP dash?
2. The road show Broncos actually do have the better dash materials on the upper trims. But we aren’t getting this. We’re getting the BD and down scratchy hollow dash surround?
3. The dashboard materials on the higher tier Broncos we are seeing on the roadshow is here to stay and has nothing to do with HLIP
If I am reading @TorgSurv follow up reply to @David original post, the IP or instrument panel going into production is no longer referred to as the HLIP or High Level Instrument Panel and there is no longer an optional IP available. It technically was the HLIP but there is no longer a reference to HLIP and what was removed was actually the lower quality version. One production version only and only the better quality? Or am I reading it wrong?

jaruss01

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 20, 2021
NJ, USA
First Name
JONATHAN
Last Name
RUSSO
@David any thoughts on my post above?

road show Broncos - upper dash material on OBX and up. Heavier graining
942B5EBE-6F54-4223-A10B-EF98BFA0FECF.png

0FF0487B-2F40-49F0-A212-874C36584689.png

6DE87190-5566-4B8A-BDA0-9DDF82533B8C.png

BD and down. Shallower graining plasticy. More reflective

2FB492C1-3555-47D1-BB2D-061D39E6E074.png

365E9E90-D429-4E9C-817E-E7D2F0AB195C.png

Last edited:

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

If I am reading @TorgSurv follow up reply to @David original post, the IP or instrument panel going into production is no longer referred to as the HLIP or High Level Instrument Panel and there is no longer an optional IP available. It technically was the HLIP but there is no longer a reference to HLIP and what was removed was actually the lower quality version. One production version only and only the better quality? Or am I reading it wrong?
I was being a little tongue in cheek; I don't actually know if they originally planned two different instrument panels or not, or if it was just a mistake in the marketing materials. What I do know is that the instrument panel we're all getting is incredible, and nothing to complain about!

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Alaska, USA
I was being a little tongue in cheek; I don't actually know if they originally planned two different instrument panels or not, or if it was just a mistake in the marketing materials. What I do know is that the instrument panel we're all getting is incredible, and nothing to complain about!

It doesn't even have a tachometer...

Reactions: TK1215

BCFDLtE13

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 26, 2021
Manchester, MD, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
vanDommelen
Ford has "high level Instrument Panel" as an option or package in many models. It is the gauge cluster and nothing to do with soft touch materials, although the higher trims usually benefit from more soft touch surfaces. HLIP usually has an electronic screen in addition to or lieu of mechanical gauges. I'll bet the Base was originally like the XL and would have basic gauges, but Ford decided to have the same IP across the different lines. Pics are an example two Super Duty gauges. One standard XL, one HLIP on a Lariat.
2020-ford-f-250-super-duty-gauge-cluster-carbuzz-717855.jpg
20.jpg

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Ford has "high level Instrument Panel" as an option or package in many models. It is the gauge cluster and nothing to do with soft touch materials, although the higher trims usually benefit from more soft touch surfaces. HLIP usually has an electronic screen in addition to or lieu of mechanical gauges. I'll bet the Base was originally like the XL and would have basic gauges, but Ford decided to have the same IP across the different lines. Pics are an example two Super Duty gauges. One standard XL, one HLIP on a Lariat.View attachment 12397View attachment 12398
Love the one of the left which IMHO is much better than the Bronco's. My OCD likes things symmetrical. :LOL:

Reactions: LagoCJ and TK1215

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

We’ve confirmed with Ford that the only difference is color. The graining and material are the same across trims. All of the 2021 Broncos that I’ve interacted with have been the same except for color. The one difference I’ve seen is that some pre-production units have interior trim pieces that are smooth and not grained. However, those and marks of pre-production that won’t be present in the final product.

KennyMac

Rank IV

Supporter III

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
It doesn't even have a tachometer...
Well, yes and no. There's a digital bar graph tach, and the units are weird. It's been a while since I saw a video showing it, but I remember it showing something weird like "7.0" at idle (700 rpm). So rev it up to 57.0, side step the clutch, and hold on. Gonna take some getting used to the numbers, but hopefully the skinny pedal is still universal language!

But yeah, I normally look at my tach much more often than the speedo, even in my automatic vehicles, but especially on the trail or towing!

Reactions: Deano Bronc

lonzo71

Rank V

Champion I

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Oh but I'm sure someone will.. :eek: