New Ford V8 incoming, NOT confirmed for Bronco

Rusty Shackleford
Oct 31, 2020

Rank V

Oct 31, 2020

But here's the interesting part: "It's 4.5 inches narrower than a Coyote 5.0-liter "

6.8-Liter ‘Windsor’ Pushrod V8 Coming to 2022 Ford Mustang, F150: Report

Ford just recently came back around to cam-in-block V8s with its 7.3-liter "Godzilla" truck engine, but now it appears the brand is strengthening its commitment to big V8s in another way. Based on a quote in the Windsor Star from Canadian auto union Unifor's national president Jerry Dias, 6.8-liter power will be returning to Ford's vehicles, particularly in the 2022 F-150 and Mustang. That's a sharp turn from the brand's EcoBoost strategy in years past, so what does that mean for the Blue Oval's lineup?

Dias didn't give any further details besides the 6.8-liter figure, which leaves plenty of room for speculation. The last time Ford made an engine with that displacement, it came in the form of a modular V10; however, a return to that gas-guzzling monster seems unlikely. It's also improbable that Ford will make a Coyote engine that big, which leaves one likely explanation: a smaller version of Ford's 7.3-liter Godzilla.

FULL STORY
TorgSurv, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 31, 2020

But here's the interesting part: "It's 4.5 inches narrower than a Coyote 5.0-liter "

6.8-Liter ‘Windsor’ Pushrod V8 Coming to 2022 Ford Mustang, F150: Report

Ford just recently came back around to cam-in-block V8s with its 7.3-liter "Godzilla" truck engine, but now it appears the brand is strengthening its commitment to big V8s in another way. Based on a quote in the Windsor Star from Canadian auto union Unifor's national president Jerry Dias, 6.8-liter power will be returning to Ford's vehicles, particularly in the 2022 F-150 and Mustang. That's a sharp turn from the brand's EcoBoost strategy in years past, so what does that mean for the Blue Oval's lineup?

Dias didn't give any further details besides the 6.8-liter figure, which leaves plenty of room for speculation. The last time Ford made an engine with that displacement, it came in the form of a modular V10; however, a return to that gas-guzzling monster seems unlikely. It's also improbable that Ford will make a Coyote engine that big, which leaves one likely explanation: a smaller version of Ford's 7.3-liter Godzilla.

FULL STORY
Head-scratcher for sure
....thanks for sharing the link!

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 31, 2020

Yup I've been trying to get the 4.5 inches narrower point across for a while.
Might have to change my name to Bronco 6.8
TorgSurv, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 31, 2020

Yup I've been trying to get the 4.5 inches narrower point across for a while.
Might have to change my name to Bronco 6.8
...that quote seemed out of context.
The 7.3 is 4.5 inches narrower than the 5.0.
TorgSurv

Rank V

Oct 31, 2020

...that quote seemed out of context.
The 7.3 is 4.5 inches narrower than the 5.0.
According to rumor it's believed the new engine might be based off the 7.3.

So definitely take it with a grain of salt, but I'm just hopeful ford finds a way to give us a V8. It makes no sense to develop a new engine and not stick it in as many things as possible. I could definitely be way off here though.
Commodore

Gladesmen

Oct 31, 2020

According to rumor it's believed the new engine might be based off the 7.3.

So definitely take it with a grain of salt, but I'm just hopeful ford finds a way to give us a V8. It makes no sense to develop a new engine and not stick it in as many things as possible. I could definitely be way off here though.
Wow a 6.8 V8 . I loved my 6.8 V10 I had in my F250, that was a great motor mine got 13 MPG which was better than my buddies F250 with the V8 gasser he only got 11.5 mpgs. They still make the V10 just look at many Class A or C motor homes. I would love to see a V8 in the Broncos maybe the 4” will help them fit it in.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
AcesandEights, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Mar 27, 2021

ANNOUNCING THE HENNESSEY VELOCIRAPTOR V8 BRONCO
TEXAS TUNER TO BUILD 2021 FORD BRONCO WITH 750 HORSEPOWER SUPERCHARGED V8 ENGINE
http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/bronco/velociraptor-v8/
Rusty Shackleford, Commodore

Rank V

Mar 27, 2021

Hopefully they sell out in record time and ford gets the message.
Bronc96, Commodore

Life is a Highway

Mar 27, 2021

How about these special build, aftermarket developers get their project vehicles, AFTER all of the reservation holders get theirs? At the very least, the FE holders?
Bronc96, Commodore