New Color for 2023 Bronco! Ford Reveals a Small Look

Laura
Jun 30, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 30, 2022

Bronco-WB-header.png

Recently, Ford invited members of the media to come experience driving the 2022 Bronco Everglades at Michigan's Drummond Island. The motor company also gave those in attendance a sneak peek at a new color coming for Bronco in 2023.

Hint of Heritage
As you can see from the picture above [MORE PICTURES HERE], the camouflaged Bronco had hints of the new paint color exposed on the tailgate, doors, and rockers. The light bright blue resembles the Gen 1 Wind Blue, an option from 1972-75.

Wind-Blue-Bronco.png

This is the second time in recent history Ford has picked from the classic colors toolbox for the 6th Gen Broncos. In August of 2021, it introduced this year’s Eruption Green, inspired by the 1973 Mallard Green.

2022-Inspiration-Mallard-Green.jpg.jpg

Stay tuned to the Bronco Nation for more news surrounding this color, coming soon. If you love the ties between earlier generations of Broncos and the latest, check out this walk through the Ford archives!

And join Bronco Nation in the Bronco Corral at the Woodward Dream Cruise in August. You never know what special Broncos might show up!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
SuperMike, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2022

No Ragerts

Jun 30, 2022

Love it!!!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronco_Girl, Laura

Expensive Taste

Jun 30, 2022

Will the squared off fenders be standard for 2023, or will they only be available on these special additions?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 30, 2022

Will the squared off fenders be standard for 2023, or will they only be available on these special additions?
These reveal vehicles can be a hodgepodge of "for sures" and "placeholders," as seen by the color, wheels, fenders, top, etc. here. Some stuff can be real and sometimes they're highlighting one feature on a reskinned unit, which I'm sure you know. We'll see what sticks right along with you, though I bet we'll all be finding out MY23 features soon.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
ried, BuckYeah

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2022

Cool!!!

Reminds me of one of the vehicles they built for the original announcement media. Always liked the color setup, so glad they seem to be doing something similar for Heritage.

1656590360042.jpeg

I can’t help but notice it is a 2-door and also has a painted top. Wonder if this heritage vehicle is going to be 2-door exclusive… and I wonder if they’re going to paint that top white:unsure:

Ford hasn’t said, and often these mock-up vehicles are just spare parts Ford has laying around. But square fenders matches the gen 1 design, so if I were to guess it’ll only be on these special edition vehicles.

People seem to like them though so wouldn’t be surprised if they make it standard when they do the mid-generation refresh… which should be around 2025-ish if Ford follows their typical pattern.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
ried, ChuckO

Rank IV

Jun 30, 2022

Cool!!!

Reminds me of one of the vehicles they built for the original announcement media. Always liked the color setup, so glad they seem to be doing something similar for Heritage.

View attachment 38778

I can’t help but notice it is a 2-door and also has a painted top. Wonder if this heritage vehicle is going to be 2-door exclusive… and I wonder if they’re going to paint that top white:unsure:

Ford hasn’t said, and often these mock-up vehicles are just spare parts Ford has laying around. But square fenders matches the gen 1 design, so if I were to guess it’ll only be on these special edition vehicles.

People seem to like them though so wouldn’t be surprised if they make it standard when they do the mid-generation refresh… which should be around 2025-ish if Ford follows their typical pattern.
The camo makes it really hard to tell, but the wheel opening bulge body line looks to follow the flare shape. If this is actually true once it's revealed, then the 2Dr Heritage will be a special order like the Everglades is.

Which also means 'goodbye price protection' if they do what they did for the 22.5 M.Y ordering.

I can't say I really like the Blue that's being teased and the Modular top looks to be a gen 1 version they had laying around, though I'm holding out hope that the new version will be shown soon, since that's what I've wanted from the start.
Deano Bronc, Laura

Rank VI

Jun 30, 2022

Eh... new colors I don't really care about.

But I'm gonna be pissed if the squared off fenders become standard for MY 23! That's the way it should've been from the start!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Sdakotabronco, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Jun 30, 2022

Nobody gonna mention the painted top :). Sh*t, is it time to 99..for MY23.....LOL
WildTrak | MIC | Velocity Blue | HOSS 3.0 | Lux | 4Dr | HD Mod
5.13.022, 10.9.022, 3.9.022, Built: 9.29.2022, SHIPPED: 11.26.2022, Arrived: 12.16.2022
Sdakotabronco, TK1215

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 30, 2022

Cool!!!

View attachment 38778

I think it's almost a given that they will have a white top available which will look really good with the light blue.
Love the wheels, squared fenders and the painted modular top. Initially I was going to hold out for the painted mod top but couldn't stand to wait another year. If my order didn't get scheduled through July, I was going to 99 my order and wait for a MY23 and the Mod top.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronco_Girl, Darrel

Rank IV

Jun 30, 2022

steel rear bumper, running boards, and high series taillights are also interesting.
Laura

Rank I

Jun 30, 2022

It is a great color....also "Light Blue" from 71-73 Mustangs....too bad I already ordered Hot Pepper Red or I'd go for two of the same color!!

Attachments

Sdakotabronco, TK1215

Trusted and Carefree

Jun 30, 2022

Do we think this is a Heritage Edition only color (Like Desert Sand to the Everglades) or available across the line?
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2022

Do we think this is a Heritage Edition only color (Like Desert Sand to the Everglades) or available across the line?
I’m going to assume @Laura knows more than we do and also knows more than she disclosed here. She specifically said “Hint of Heritage” and not just “Hint at a new Bronco color”. Therefore I’m assuming this is a heritage-exclusive color.

Or I could be completely over analyzing this whole thing.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Sdakotabronco, Darrel

Rank VI

Jun 30, 2022

That blue will be amazing if they do end up pairing it with painted white top! I really dig the color
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Bronco_Girl, Darrel
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 30, 2022

I’m going to assume @Laura knows more than we do and also knows more than she disclosed here. She specifically said “Hint of Heritage” and not just “Hint at a new Bronco color”. Therefore I’m assuming this is a heritage-exclusive color.

Or I could be completely over analyzing this whole thing.
:sneaky: You all know I like both a little speculation but also don't do anything without a purpose. There's a reason for everything I included in that article ... *wiggles eyebrows*
However, in this case, I don't know much more than you all. Hearsay.
SuperMike, BuckYeah

Gladesmen

Jun 30, 2022

My money is on a heritage edition that you can only get in 2-door. They will use Everglades fenders and wheels maybe painted a different color like white. And painted hard top. But that is just my guess. Love the color though
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Laura

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jun 30, 2022

Nice! Kinda baby blue nursery color. It’s uncommon in this day and age. A definite throwback color. It should do well with the heritage crowd.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bronco_Girl, Laura

Rank V

Jun 30, 2022

First I've seen the glossy black hardtop. :unsure:
REZ 9/20 | WHT OBX 2DR MIC LUX 2.7L | RCVD 7/22
Bronco_Girl, Laura

Trusted and Carefree

Jun 30, 2022

This is pretty much the color I wanted since the Bronco relaunch was announced. Here is me running my mouth about this blue before the reveal:

https://thebronconation.com/forums/...tions-for-the-new-bronco.277/page-2#post-1655
If the Heritage ends up being a late availability, two-door only model, and I can only get the light blue with that, Im going to have to let it go. I have two kids and a big dumb dog so the two door has less utility for me.

I am as excited though by the return of the Mod top and continuing to see the Everglades/Heritage wheels. I sure hope the Mod top is available when I have to reorder on Aug 15. If thats a late availbilty, post Job 2 thing, thats going to be a drag.

I am curious by why they relieved the camo over the rear corners and had them in black on both sides. Is there something I am missing here? Just to give an idea about a body color MOD top?

Also- Nice job playing coy about the grill there. We know it says FORD on it...

Standing by for more info.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Bronco_Girl, Laura

Rank V

Jun 30, 2022

I wish they would get off this flat and pastel color kick and give us some more modern options like a new version of Bahama or midnight ploy blue.
“BCH BRNC“ BlkDia 2Dr/MIC/2.7/AT/Carbon Gray/Mid Pkg
Res:10/20, Orders: MY ‘21 04/21, MY ‘22 10/21, Prod 8/8, Del 8/29
Jakob1972, Laura