MicrosoftTeams-image (14).jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Mal, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2021

Rank V

Nov 30, 2021

I was so excited to see this as soon as I started my (extremely late) lunch break.

My disappointment that I won’t be able to watch it until after my shift is immeasurable :ROFLMAO:
LR48, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Nov 30, 2021

I was so excited to see this as soon as I started my (extremely late) lunch break.

My disappointment that I won’t be able to watch it until after my shift is immeasurable :ROFLMAO:
Agh! Got me too.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
NickP

Rank VI

Nov 30, 2021

Agh! Got me too.

Sorry guys.
Jakob1972, NickP

Rank V

Nov 30, 2021

Is this the same video or will it be unwrapped?
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage

Rank VI

Dec 01, 2021

Is this the same video or will it be unwrapped?
It's more footage of the wrapped Raptor. Some things to note though, we were able to see some better shots of the suspension components and a size comparison with a stock OBX.
LR48, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 01, 2021

Man that thing looks smooth! It will be very interesting to see how it compares to the long travel kit that Loren Healy teased yesterday.BD84A301-3024-42CC-AE47-58946903745D.jpeg

Also, I personally prefer the base headlights over the fancy ones. But those full orange ones look MEAN.
Bschurr

No Ragerts

Dec 01, 2021

Wow - suspension, axles, body flares & stance look phenomenal. I think I may need to add one to my stable!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
NickP

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Dec 01, 2021

I think the Bronco Raptor will be a hit, so long as they're not all put in cold storage for resale at a later date. We need to see these things in the wild!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bschurr, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Dec 01, 2021

Wow - suspension, axles, body flares & stance look phenomenal. I think I may need to add one to my stable!
I bet you will need pretty deep pockets for one of those.

I though I had deep pockets once, turns out I just had a really big hole.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
BuckYeah, Bschurr

Rank II

Dec 02, 2021

Wow, I have to ask, what is the purpose of this vehicle?

It looks good. It sounds good. It's big. Bigger is better. Right?

Well, not really. At some point too big/too wide is too big/too wide for the application. The Bronco is ALREADY a big truck. This Bronco Raptor concept is HUGE. I couldn't even wheel this out on the east coast, where I live. It wouldn't fit on any of the serpentine trails. At all! You could get away with it in the desert as a Desert Runner, sure. And a fair number of trails out west. But so could the normal Bronco. As soon as it gets even a little tight, this thing is way too wide.

Is this just an encroachment on the Raptor? I think it's a cool truck, but this is a Bronco, right? How many Jeeps OR Broncos are really designed for desert running? It seems to miss the mark of the vehicle's prime function.

I have zero interest in high speed desert running. I live on the east coast and I like rock crawling. That's what Jeeps are made for. That's what the Bronco is supposed to compete with.

As a result I'm sort of anticipating the Raptor Bronco to be sort of a mall crawler. Looks and sounds great, is decent off the line, and all of that, but functionally limited. I just can't figure out how and why I would ever use this vehicle as opposed to the normal Bronco.
BuckYeah

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2021

It looks good. It sounds good. It's big. Bigger is better. Right?

Well, not really. At some point too big/too wide is too big/too wide for the application. The Bronco is ALREADY a big truck. This Bronco Raptor concept is HUGE. I couldn't even wheel this out on the east coast, where I live. It wouldn't fit on any of the serpentine trails. At all! You could get away with it in the desert as a Desert Runner, sure. And a fair number of trails out west. But so could the normal Bronco. As soon as it gets even a little tight, this thing is way too wide.

Is this just an encroachment on the Raptor? I think it's a cool truck, but this is a Bronco, right? How many Jeeps OR Broncos are really designed for desert running? It seems to miss the mark of the vehicle's prime function.

I have zero interest in high speed desert running. I live on the east coast and I like rock crawling. That's what Jeeps are made for. That's what the Bronco is supposed to compete with.

As a result I'm sort of anticipating the Raptor Bronco to be sort of a mall crawler. Looks and sounds great, is decent off the line, and all of that, but functionally limited. I just can't figure out how and why I would ever use this vehicle as opposed to the normal Bronco.
Most people won't be able to afford the Raptor Bronco probably. It probably is designed for the baja races not rock climbing like you said. It is cool but it definitely isn't for everyone.
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
Bschurr

Rank II

Dec 02, 2021

Most people won't be able to afford the Raptor Bronco probably. It probably is designed for the baja races not rock climbing like you said. It is cool but it definitely isn't for everyone.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. If you're Ford, why do this if you already build the Raptor? I'm sort of confused about the whole product offering.
Rydfree

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2021

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. If you're Ford, why do this if you already build the Raptor? I'm sort of confused about the whole product offering.
A lot of times they build those with some crazy features that will eventually trickle down to the "regular" Bronco.
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!

Dec 02, 2021

I suspect this is pretty much a "brand builder" and nothing more. I don't think there will ever be one on a showroom floor. If so, not for very long. So, it's not much of a showroom traffic builder. It's a "we could do this so we did it" statement. I think it's just to help re-establish the Bronco in the hive mind, you know, get it back on the proverbial map. I seriously doubt you're going to see a glut of these monsters on the highway. It's more of a "would you look at that?" sort of thing. An iconic slam dunk for the marketing team at Ford, without question.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Dec 02, 2021

I suspect this is pretty much a "brand builder" and nothing more. I don't think there will ever be one on a showroom floor. If so, not for very long. So, it's not much of a showroom traffic builder. It's a "we could do this so we did it" statement. I think it's just to help re-establish the Bronco in the hive mind, you know, get it back on the proverbial map. I seriously doubt you're going to see a glut of these monsters on the highway. It's more of a "would you look at that?" sort of thing. An iconic slam dunk for the marketing team at Ford, without question.
And now can the rest of us get our Bronco’s! :ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Dec 02, 2021

And now can the rest of us get our Bronco’s! :ROFLMAO:

Amen, brother.
Jakob1972

Life is a Highway

Dec 02, 2021

Amen, brother.
@BuckYeah, Chris we are gonna get there Brother!
BuckYeah