New 2023MY Bronco Information (Aug 8th updates)

mbelding0512

Rank V

Supporter III

Mar 7, 2022
O'Fallon, MO, USA
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
McAllister
Member #

My dealer was the one that told me just to update my ford account
Okay. I just did that but my order is still not showing on my Ford account. I’m not sure if that’s because I wasn’t a reservation holder or what the issue is. I know the order is in the system because I have someone checking on it for me on occasion.

bronco11

Rank III

Supporter II

Sep 29, 2020
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
jewelrean
Last Name
hall
Okay. I just did that but my order is still not showing on my Ford account. I’m not sure if that’s because I wasn’t a reservation holder or what the issue is. I know the order is in the system because I have someone checking on it for me on occasion.
That may be it. I am a reservation holder. Is your email on your ford account the same that you used to place your order?

EZAPAR

Rank VI

Champion I

May 6, 2021
Federal Way, Washington
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Zapareski
Member #

Hey now. Might just be good news!

Any idea when the last of the golden tickets will go out before this all goes down in September?

Reactions: bronco11

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

I don’t care if they can’t change my name on my order. It all comes down to how I can title it, which would need to be in my legal name. I’m sure it’s not the first time either, so there has to be something in place to address things like this.
I can empathize. My dealer spelled my name wrong! They got everything else right but the spelling of my last name. Then they fixed it, and then it appeared to be wrong again! Five simple letters they couldn't get straight.

I guess I could always legally change my name to what appears on my order. It might be simpler than having the dealership try to fix their mistake. :geek:

mbelding0512

Rank V

Supporter III

Mar 7, 2022
O'Fallon, MO, USA
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
McAllister
Member #

I can empathize. My dealer spelled my name wrong! They got everything else right but the spelling of my last name. Then they fixed it, and then it appeared to be wrong again! Five simple letters they couldn't get straight.

I guess I could always legally change my name to what appears on my order. It might be simpler than having the dealership try to fix their mistake. :geek:
Oh no!! Is it still spelled wrong on your order or did they finally get it fixed?

RagnarKon

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

Hey now. Might just be good news!

Any idea when the last of the golden tickets will go out before this all goes down in September?
Didn't say, but based on the timelines the last scheduling should occur week of Aug 29th.

Reactions: EZAPAR

marchergirl

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 15, 2021
San Diego, California
First Name
MaryAnn
Last Name
Archer
Member #

Does anyone have information on what will be required for COVP? Since placing my order, I got married and my last name is not the same as my order's. I worry about how that will affect my COVP process and want to prepare now to ensure I have everything in order versus waiting until the last minute. I will be reaching out to my dealer tomorrow, who is aware, but curious if anyone else has gone through this or has insight. TIA!
Bring your marriage license which shows your original name. Maybe they are just trying to prove that the person who placed the original order is the same one who is now placing the new order. =) Congratulations!

Advocate II

Aug 4, 2022
Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Harrison
Here ya go. Order banks are open.

Mine is ordered but nothing on when, not even a year.

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

It would be nice if they would prioritize orders that are going to lose their colors as well. I'm sick to death of the anxiety of losing the color I ordered a year ago this Friday. Everything else is going to feel like a consolation prize. Especially with the "50 Shades of Grey" color pallet that has been floating around. Which isn't something you really want to feel about a vehicle you paid $60,000 for.

Reactions: FISH HUNTER

Marmot

Rank VI

Don't delete

Feb 19, 2022
Hudson, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Gemmell
Member #

Big update was sent out to dealers today. Most of what the update contained has already been leaked through various sources online. But it's official now.

Highlights:
  • Order banks opening Sept 12th rather than Aug 15th
  • Order guide expected August 29th
  • No new retail orders will be accepted upon the opening of the order banks. Existing carryover orders only.
  • Existing orders that are carried over will require COVP.
    • COVP requires dealers scan your driver's license and submit a copy along with your order to Ford. If approved by Ford, your order will be prioritized ahead of other orders. This is the same process currently used for Ford Maverick orders.
  • All existing reservations that have not been converted to an order will be required to place a 2023 order. This signifies that that Ford will not be continuing the reservation system into 2024 and beyond.
Full text below:
I know a lot of folks eager to place a new order will be a bit upset, but this is definitely a continued step in the right direction to get existing orders prioritized and processed. I for one am excited. Look forward to seeing the MY23 build options.

kwerking

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 18, 2022
Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Werking
I know a lot of folks eager to place a new order will be a bit upset, but this is definitely a continued step in the right direction to get existing orders prioritized and processed. I for one am excited. Look forward to seeing the MY23 build options.
as a "soon" to be new-order placer...yes bummed. but fair is fair. hope the "OG's" get prioritized correctly. if 11/14 is my date...you can bet i'll be there with my order sheet ready to rock.

Marmot

Rank VI

Don't delete

Feb 19, 2022
Hudson, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Gemmell
Member #

I’m scared after seeing the lightning ones:(
Indeed. A lot of major price increases across the board for all manufacturers. Inflation and supply chain constraints always catch up, especially when year-to-year price changes hit their purchasing teams. We shall see...

Reactions: bronco11