Need Direct Ford Intervention--Dealer Cannot Solve Order Issue

twryan3
Sep 23, 2022

Rank I

Sep 23, 2022

My apologies to everyone if the following seems rash or obnoxious, but I hope after reading below you will understand my plea for assistance. I know that members of the Ford Team read these threads on occasion, and I have nowhere else to turn except for direct intervention, as my Dealer cannot (or will not) find a solution to my issue.

Short version: I reserved an OBX 6/20/21 and converted the reservation to an order on 10/15/21 online (this is important). In December my salesperson said there was an issue with my order and ever since then I have been pushing them to fix this. 10 months later, no solution; despite calling, emailing, texting and showing up every 3 or so weeks. After finally getting the general sales manager involved, they figured out that Ford either never sent, or the dealer lost, the email from Ford to enter my order in WEBDO, complete the paperwork and have me sign the order. I would note here that I have paid the $100 reservation and $500 order deposits. With the order banks being closed since March, they have not been able to enter the system and because it is not in WEBDO, they cannot convert my 2022 order to a 2023. They cannot figure out what to do (or continue fail to engage with Ford sufficiently), so my order has been in limbo for almost a year and looks like that will remain the case. They obviously cannot enter a new order, etc. Among other issues, I am concerned that if this is not converted by the November date, my order is dropped.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate them, but it appears that only direct action by persons at Ford itself can help. Therefore, if anyone at FMCo can help, please reply to this post or DM so I can provide additional details.

Thank you in advance.
Tom Ryan

Life is a Highway

Sep 23, 2022

Message @Ford Motor Company directly or call Ford customer service number897D5E94-075D-4A87-9D36-4BC683E9CE96.png
2020FordRaptor

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

My apologies to everyone if the following seems rash or obnoxious, but I hope after reading below you will understand my plea for assistance. I know that members of the Ford Team read these threads on occasion, and I have nowhere else to turn except for direct intervention, as my Dealer cannot (or will not) find a solution to my issue.

Short version: I reserved an OBX 6/20/21 and converted the reservation to an order on 10/15/22 online (this is important). In December my salesperson said there was an issue with my order and ever since then I have been pushing them to fix this. 10 months later, no solution; despite calling, emailing, texting and showing up every 3 or so weeks. After finally getting the general sales manager involved, they figured out that Ford either never sent, or the dealer lost, the email from Ford to enter my order in WEBDO, complete the paperwork and have me sign the order. I would note here that I have paid the $100 reservation and $500 order deposits. With the order banks being closed since March, they have not been able to enter the system and because it is not in WEBDO, they cannot convert my 2022 order to a 2023. They cannot figure out what to do (or continue fail to engage with Ford sufficiently), so my order has been in limbo for almost a year and looks like that will remain the case. They obviously cannot enter a new order, etc. Among other issues, I am concerned that if this is not converted by the November date, my order is dropped.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate them, but it appears that only direct action by persons at Ford itself can help. Therefore, if anyone at FMCo can help, please reply to this post or DM so I can provide additional details.

Thank you in advance.
Tom Ryan

10/15/22 is not in the history books yet, Perhaps you got the dates mixed up?
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
twryan3

Rank I

Sep 23, 2022

Message @Ford Motor Company directly or call Ford customer service numberView attachment 45180
I tried the customer service number about, I don't know, 6 months ago. Without a VIN or the WEBDO order number, they couldn't help me. That said, I'm going to start hitting any and all Ford channels until this is fixed. Thanks so much

Rank I

Sep 23, 2022

10/15/22 is not in the history books yet, Perhaps you got the dates mixed up?
Whoops. You are right. Corrected to 10/21

Gladesmen

Sep 23, 2022

so you made a reservation online 6/20/21 and your converted order 10/15/21 disappeared? I thought if you placed a reservation that Ford would send you correspondence but if you ordered through a dealer you would have to rely on them to update you.

I hope @Ford Motor Company can help you revive your lost order.
But I fear just like several FE order holders that got left out in the cold that will be what happens to you in the end. I would be prepared to get your money from the dealer and move on to another dealer but you will be at the back of the line. as we all have seen here sometimes the back of the line is the right spot to be if you want your Bronco built. That is why there have been about 130K broncos built to day and there are still day one and week one res holders waiting.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
twryan3

Road trip!!!

Sep 23, 2022

What does it show for a status on your ford account? You have a reservation number, so you should have a ford account.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
twryan3, Jakob1972

Rank I

Sep 23, 2022

What does it show for a status on your ford account? You have a reservation number, so you should have a ford account.
It shows "Order Completed" but the dealer (and apparently some folks at Ford, maybe) can't see anything else. It apparently was never in WEBDO, and they cannot convert to a 2023 because it is not in WEBDO. It seems that someone at Ford just needs to fix this; things can be done if the right people and the right oil are involved.
SlashRacer, Jakob1972

Rank I

Sep 23, 2022

so you made a reservation online 6/20/21 and your converted order 10/15/21 disappeared? I thought if you placed a reservation that Ford would send you correspondence but if you ordered through a dealer you would have to rely on them to update you.

I hope @Ford Motor Company can help you revive your lost order.
But I fear just like several FE order holders that got left out in the cold that will be what happens to you in the end. I would be prepared to get your money from the dealer and move on to another dealer but you will be at the back of the line. as we all have seen here sometimes the back of the line is the right spot to be if you want your Bronco built. That is why there have been about 130K broncos built to day and there are still day one and week one res holders waiting.
The order is there, somewhere, but it never got finalized by the dealer in WEBDO, so my order number is still my Res. number. They can see I have an order and they can see I put down $600, but because of how the system is set up, they cannot push it forward. The long and short of this, the sales guy did nothing when he could have and everyone stuck/doesn't know what to do/who knows. I just want it fixed and put back into where I should be in line, etc.
Jakob1972

Rank V

Sep 24, 2022

The order is there, somewhere, but it never got finalized by the dealer in WEBDO, so my order number is still my Res. number. They can see I have an order and they can see I put down $600, but because of how the system is set up, they cannot push it forward. The long and short of this, the sales guy did nothing when he could have and everyone stuck/doesn't know what to do/who knows. I just want it fixed and put back into where I should be in line, etc.
Where is@Fordmotorcompany today????
2022 4dr Badlands~Cyber Orange~MIC Top~Non Sas~2.3l MT~High Package~Roof Rails~Block Heater~Ordered 1/13/22~Build date 11/3~ In production 10/26~Window sticker 10/27~11/3 Blend date~Modules live 11/4~built email 11/6~shipped 11/14~arrived at the dealership 12/13~in the home stall 12/15
twryan3

Rank I

Sep 24, 2022

@Ford Motor Company
Where is@Fordmotorcompany today????
yeah. I’ve DM’ed them here with my post. Plus FB messages. Exec emails next week. I’ve been constantly pushing this stone up the dealer hill and I’m just tired. I just want it fixed.

Life is a Highway

Sep 24, 2022

@Ford Motor Company

yeah. I’ve DM’ed them here with my post. Plus FB messages. Exec emails next week. I’ve been constantly pushing this stone up the dealer hill and I’m just tired. I just want it fixed.
Let us know when and if you get a resolution.
twryan3

Rank I

Sep 24, 2022

Let us know when and if you get a resolution.
For sure. I am tired of the whole thing, but especially generally being ignored and when I am not, the answer being “yeah, we are trying it figure this out”. Someone or someone’s at Ford can fix this.

Gotta just go for it

Sep 24, 2022

For sure. I am tired of the whole thing, but especially generally being ignored and when I am not, the answer being “yeah, we are trying it figure this out”. Someone or someone’s at Ford can fix this.
Try to DM them on Instagram, I was able to get help there.
PhoenixTheBronco OBX, Leather, SAS, High. Blend 8/15, Online 8/26, Built ???, Shipped 11/2, Picked up 11/18
twryan3

Rank I

Oct 10, 2022

UPDATE; Thank you to everyone here for their support and suggestions. To make a very long story short, I now have a confirmed 2023 order in, four digit order number, with COVP completed. A new dealer employee who worked at Ford, found the right person at Ford MoCo to access WEBDO and make the corrections to my order. The General Sales Manager deserved kudos for making an effort and communicating timely as well as giving me a general 411 on what caused the underlying issue, which is what I strongly suspected. So now, back in the regular queue...hoping to get a scheduled production date, like many people, soon.

Short version: I reserved an OBX 6/20/21 and converted the reservation to an order on 10/15/21 online (this is important). In December my salesperson said there was an issue with my order and ever since then I have been pushing them to fix this. 10 months later, no solution; despite calling, emailing, texting and showing up every 3 or so weeks. After finally getting the general sales manager involved, they figured out that Ford either never sent, or the dealer lost, the email from Ford to enter my order in WEBDO, complete the paperwork and have me sign the order. I would note here that I have paid the $100 reservation and $500 order deposits. With the order banks being closed since March, they have not been able to enter the system and because it is not in WEBDO, they cannot convert my 2022 order to a 2023. They cannot figure out what to do (or continue fail to engage with Ford sufficiently), so my order has been in limbo for almost a year and looks like that will remain the case. They obviously cannot enter a new order, etc. Among other issues, I am concerned that if this is not converted by the November date, my order is dropped.

Thank you in advance.
Tom Ryan
Mal, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Oct 10, 2022

UPDATE; Thank you to everyone here for their support and suggestions. To make a very long story short, I now have a confirmed 2023 order in, four digit order number, with COVP completed. A new dealer employee who worked at Ford, found the right person at Ford MoCo to access WEBDO and make the corrections to my order. The General Sales Manager deserved kudos for making an effort and communicating timely as well as giving me a general 411 on what caused the underlying issue, which is what I strongly suspected. So now, back in the regular queue...hoping to get a scheduled production date, like many people, soon.
Excellent update. It’s nice to here of dealerships doing the right thing. We only tend to hear about the negatives. What ended up being the issue?
twryan3

Rank I

Oct 10, 2022

Excellent update. It’s nice to here of dealerships doing the right thing. We only tend to hear about the negatives. What ended up being the issue?
Yeah, after almost 11 months of frustration and disappointment, the General Sales Manager and some other folks stepped up big time and earned back my trust. As for the underlying issue, while i am still ticked, for a number of reasons I want to a bit circumspect. In short, someone didn't do their job and continued not to do their job when they should have known better. More specifically, when I put my order in online, someone was supposed to complete a number of things on the dealer side in WEBDO and documents to complete my order. That was not done--Ford flagged it to them, and it was still not done (at first I was told to fix it). I continued to press the person to figure it out, it still was not done. WEBDO closed in March (I think) which made things impossible to just fix, but I was told everything was fixed. It was not. If I hadn't talked to someone else who said--hey we don't see your order and then they, the General Sales Manager (who has only been in that role for 4ish months) and others digging into this, it would still be in limbo and probably dropped. Once they looked into things, it was clear what was wrong/not done (if I knew in November what I have learned here and in other places, plus one or two piece of info I got when this finally got looked into, even I would have known solution prior to March). With WEBDO not open to new orders/only conversions post-March, the dealer did not have the tools to access the system (blame Ford for the usual, as seen in a number of threads) so they needed someone actually at Ford to get into the system.
A business is only as strong as its weakest link. Needless to say, this is in the hands of others going forward. The have also indicated that there may be a few things that they can do, but I probably will not take them up on them. I do wish they could bump my priority, given the issues of being in limbo for so long (but below 10, that is something only Ford can do), but I want to be very clear here that was never my intent--I just wanted the issue fixed so I could be in line for production where I should have been October '21, forward
Deano Bronc