MY23 Order Banks Open 8/15/2022

mbelding0512
May 25, 2022

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

Is this true? If so, what is Ford's plan to clear the backlog of existing MY22 reservations and orders before accepting new orders for MY23?
2022 | Badlands | Carbonized Grey | 4 Dr | 2.7 L | Lux | Leather Trim | Mod Bumper | Soft Top
Order: 3/4/22 | Build: 9/23 | Arrival: 10/17 | Purchased: 10/18 | Delivered: 12/9/22
Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022

Moab or bust!!!

May 25, 2022

Is this true? If so, what is Ford's plan to clear the backlog of existing MY22 reservations and orders before accepting new orders for MY23?
Just like they did last year, left over MY22 orders will have to be converted to MY23 orders.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BadlandsHotPepper22, ResidualGenius

Rank IV

May 25, 2022

I'm hoping that they'll have a grace period of 2 to 3 months, after it opens, for current order/reservation holders to convert or adjust their orders before opening it up for actual 'new' orders.

It's wishful thinking, but with the current commodity and chip situation the thought of adding more congestion onto the current backlog doesn't make much sense.

There's also the the modular top that many are waiting on which is supposedly still on track (no actual confirmation on this), and possible special editions like Heritage, which the modular top is supposedly tied to.
Mal, Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

May 25, 2022

No official announcement has been made, so we don’t know how true it is.

BUT, it makes sense. The order banks for different models open on different dates, but the vast majority of the models typically have order banks open between August and October, with production starting sometime in November or December. Last year order banks were set to open mid-September, although that was later delayed to mid-October.

I agree with @Deano Bronc though. Unscheduled 2022 orders will have to be converted to MY2023 orders. Extremely unlikely they will keep the order banks closed until the reservations clear completely. Reservation orders are prioritized at your dealer, and if for whatever reason they cannot build a reservation order due to component constraints they’ll keep going down your dealer’s order list until they find a Bronco they can build.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Mal

Trusted and Carefree

May 25, 2022

Whats the over under on the order guide? Like 1 August?
I am also opening betting on departing color(s) and new arrivals. I'm guessing (and this is based on nothing) that Cyber Orange goes and we get something like the fabled Brittany Blue in the line-up. I will get to change my order color for the third time :)
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Rank V

May 25, 2022

Just like they did last year, left over MY22 orders will have to be converted to MY23 orders.
Unfortunately you have my build which has been on "Plant Hold" for over 30 days now. No reason given. So I cannot convert to a 2023, I just have to keep waiting and hope I get it before December. (I remember watching 1Five 1 Garage and they had one of theirs on hold for over 4 months!) :(
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
mbelding0512

Moab or bust!!!

May 25, 2022

Unfortunately you have my build which has been on "Plant Hold" for over 30 days now. No reason given. So I cannot convert to a 2023, I just have to keep waiting and hope I get it before December. (I remember watching 1Five 1 Garage and they had one of theirs on hold for over 4 months!) :(
Yes, once a VIN has been created, it cannot be converted to a MY23. I should have been more specific and reference "unsheduled" orders would be converted to MY23 orders.
I hope your order gets released soon.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Big Papa

Burrito Connoisseur

May 25, 2022

Whats the over under on the order guide? Like 1 August?
I am also opening betting on departing color(s) and new arrivals. I'm guessing (and this is based on nothing) that Cyber Orange goes and we get something like the fabled Brittany Blue in the line-up. I will get to change my order color for the third time :)
It’s usually released a week or so before order banks open. So August 1st sounds about right… or... probably more like August 5th.

I don’t expect any color changes honestly. They may swap out Velocity Blue for Atlas Blue… but that would probably be the extent of it. If we really want to go full tin-foil hat mode, probably should check to see what the new Ranger colors are overseas. Since Ranger and Bronco share the same assembly line, they colors will largely be the same between the two. And the new generation Ranger is due to hit America next year in 2023… so new colors may come along with it.

———

EDIT—Got bored, visited the Ford Australia website.

1653495080665.png

Looks like the Wildtrak trim has an exclusive color as well called “Luxe Yellow”
1653495190322.png

Honestly… these looked to be exactly like the colors they have here, just with different names.
  • Arctic White = Oxford White
  • Meteor Grey = Carbonize Gray
  • Aluminum Silver = Iconic Silver
  • Blue Lightning = Velocity Blue (Maybe?? It could also be Atlas Blue or even the exclusive Lightning Blue color that was only available on First Edition. Hard to tell.)
  • Sedona Orange = Hot Pepper Red Metallic
  • Luxe Yellow = Cyber Orange
  • And the Shadow Black color is the same name here in America.
So yeah, I’m not expecting any anything new in terms of colors. Blue is the only color that may change… and if it does change it’ll likely be Atlas Blue since that’s what is available on the F-150, Maverick, and a bunch of other Ford vehicles.

Aright back to work. :cool:
Mal

Trusted and Carefree

May 25, 2022

I don’t expect any color changes honestly. They may swap out Velocity Blue for Atlas Blue… but that would probably be the extent of it. If we really want to go full tin-foil hat mode, probably should check to see what the new Ranger colors are overseas. Since Ranger and Bronco share the same assembly line, they colors will largely be the same between the two. And the new generation Ranger is due to hit America next year in 2023… so new colors may come along with it.

• Blue Lightning = Velocity Blue (Maybe?? It could also be Atlas Blue or even the exclusive Lightning Blue color that was only available on First Edition. Hard to tell.)

• So yeah, I’m not expecting any anything new in terms of colors. Blue is the only color that may change… and if it does change it’ll likely be Atlas Blue since that’s what is available on the F-150, Maverick, and a bunch of other Ford vehicles.​

I think thats Velocity blue on the Aussie site- Atlas blue is darker.
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZjE1MHRyZW1vci5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMvNTY3ZDhhMzctZmYwZS00ZjJmLWJmY2MtZjRhYzVmMz...jpg
Atlas on the Explorer, Velocity on the Superduty

Atlas Blue though would probably look sharp on the Bronco. Time for some white hockey stick stripes though
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 27, 2022

I spoke with Ford, and my contacts said the date didn't come from them. Of course, we can all see it was a leak, but given their statement, the date may not hold accurate. We'll keep you all updated on what the order guide looks like and news surrounding MY23.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, ResidualGenius

Burrito Connoisseur

May 27, 2022

Atlas Blue though would probably look sharp on the Bronco. Time for some white hockey stick stripes though
I was at the dealership today picking up some parts for my wife’s Escape today.

There happened to be a Velocity Blue Ranger out front next to an Atlas Blue SuperDuty. I know it’s all subjective personal-opinion sorta stuff… but Atlas Blue is a much better color and it isn’t even close. 100% agree that it would look sharp on the Bronco.

There was also a Stone Blue Explorer there. Not a good color at all. (n)
BadlandsHotPepper22, Mal