MY22 MSRP…

Broncobuster13
Aug 12, 2021

Rank II

Aug 12, 2021

While most of you won’t be affected by this, is anyone else anticipating a huge MSRP jump from 21 to 22 for those of us who have late reservations? (4/19 for me) Wish I had been on the forums sooner, I believed the first dealer I talked to in February when they refused to even take my reservation and now I think I might pay dearly for it…
callmebronco, Cliffhanger
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2021

Libations MOD

Aug 13, 2021

Ford failed huge and has to make up for the losses so yes I bet there will be a good jump in price to make the investors and shareholders happy
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Cliffhanger, Rydfree

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Surely they wouldn't have 2 different MSRPs for the same vehicle dependent on when you ordered...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
the poacher

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

Ford failed huge and has to make up for the losses so yes I bet there will be a good jump in price to make the investors and shareholders happy

I think that plan could backfire on them. I don’t need a Bronco. I like it and I want it. But I have a perfectly good car that I’m happy with now. I won’t be happy if the price of the Badlands goes up, and I won’t be happy with anything less than the Badlands. I will simply cancel my order and keep driving my old car.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Bronco3586, MJ14

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 22, 2021

I expect a bump.
Rydfree

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

While most of you won’t be affected by this, is anyone else anticipating a huge MSRP jump from 21 to 22 for those of us who have late reservations? (4/19 for me) Wish I had been on the forums sooner, I believed the first dealer I talked to in February when they refused to even take my reservation and now I think I might pay dearly for it…
Well Ford already dropped the Heavy-Duty bumper and made it an option so it's very possible I'm afraid.
Cliffhanger, Rydfree

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

Well Ford already dropped the Heavy-Duty bumper and made it an option so it's very possible I'm afraid.
Never thought about it but Ford may very well strip down the standard features on the 22 to maintain the price protection. They already set the precedence. At some point Ford has to realize they are causing permanent damage to the brand.
UpNOver, Cliffhanger

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

Never thought about it but Ford may very well strip down the standard features on the 22 to maintain the price protection. They already set the precedence. At some point Ford has to realize they are causing permanent damage to the brand.
The Ford points/allowance we’re being given for the delays to make us feel better will be used to buy the standard options being stripped which essentially means the allowance = nada.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Aug 22, 2021

Several forecast expect a near 5% jump in msrp across all brands next year. I also expect what you allude to here happening as well. They will drop features and make them options instead.
Other companies outside of the automotive sector are already doing similar to offset inflation. Have you noticed your cereal or other goods decreasing in volume yet the prices stayed the same ? Not much of that " 20% MORE for same price " advertising on packaging going on these days .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, JFord

Life is a Highway

Aug 22, 2021

The way I read it is that if you had your reservation in and converted it to an order by what ever the magic date was, and regardless of whether or not it was pulled to be built, your MSRP price for that build is protected. So it shouldn’t matter that they change the HD modular from standard to an option on certain models. Or any other change. Unless something is no longer available. The one caveat was the bonus statement at the end of the update regarding your build not changing. And that is paraphrasing because I am to lazy to go look up the word for word verbiage. It is a gray area statement. So my build as submitted, by the cut off date, without changes should be good to go, MSRP locked in as I negotiated with my dealer. My question is, what if I decide I want to change the color of my build to say green and go from a high package to a Lux package what does that do to my MSRP. Does it change some, all or none of the MSRP lock in price?
Cliffhanger, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

The way I read it is that if you had your reservation in and converted it to an order by what ever the magic date was, and regardless of whether or not it was pulled to be built, your MSRP price for that build is protected. So it shouldn’t matter that they change the HD modular from standard to an option on certain models. Or any other change. Unless something is no longer available. The one caveat was the bonus statement at the end of the update regarding your build not changing. And that is paraphrasing because I am to lazy to go look up the word for word verbiage. It is a gray area statement. So my build as submitted, by the cut off date, without changes should be good to go, MSRP locked in as I negotiated with my dealer. My question is, what if I decide I want to change the color of my build to say green and go from a high package to a Lux package what does that do to my MSRP. Does it change some, all or none of the MSRP lock in price?
I think the magic date was March 19th. I believe you are price protected if you ordered before March 19th.

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Aug 22, 2021

The Ford points/allowance we’re being given for the delays to make us feel better will be used to buy the standard options being stripped which essentially means the allowance = nada.

What points/ allowance?

L.R.

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

If you ordered by the cutoff date, they said the MSRP will remain the same. If you didn't, the MSRP will go up. Straightforward really, those that didn't order a 21, by the deadline when Ford said, will pay more. Prices always go up, every year, for almost every consumer item. Asking "does anyone else think prices will go up?" is kind of silly, you don't need to imagine or ask if they'll go up. Theydo...and will.

Rank V

Aug 23, 2021

What points/ allowance?

L.R.
As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPass™ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.** We will share more regarding FordPass Rewards and its benefits as you get closer to taking delivery of your Ford Bronco.
LoneRanger, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Aug 23, 2021

Yes prices go up regularly. BUT, people don’t normally buy at, near, or above MSRP either. Some on the fence folks, like myself, may forgo the Bronco altogether and maybe revisit it once the excitement of the rollout is over. The price may be higher then but I won’t be purchasing at MSRP either.
TK1215

Libations MOD

Aug 23, 2021

I think that plan could backfire on them. I don’t need a Bronco. I like it and I want it. But I have a perfectly good car that I’m happy with now. I won’t be happy if the price of the Badlands goes up, and I won’t be happy with anything less than the Badlands. I will simply cancel my order and keep driving my old car.
If you already have an order in by the cutoff then nothing to worry about as it's price locked
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

If you already have an order in by the cutoff then nothing to worry about as it's price locked

I’m a recent order. Reserved Aug 1 and ordered Aug 12. I have little to no chance of getting g a 2021. But I ordered a 2021 (it’s in the system that way) and it is not in the least bit my fault that they are taking orders that they will fail to deliver on. To paraphrase the great Michaelangelo (the turtle, not the painter):

“Forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza.”
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Buck_um42, Rydfree

Rank II

Aug 23, 2021

I’m a recent order. Reserved Aug 1 and ordered Aug 12. I have little to no chance of getting g a 2021. But I ordered a 2021 (it’s in the system that way) and it is not in the least bit my fault that they are taking orders that they will fail to deliver on. To paraphrase the great Michaelangelo (the turtle, not the painter):

“Forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza.”

And that, my friend, is the secret of the ooze.
Mandogus, nrlucas