Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 7, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
DeRossett
Not that rare. Got me twice in a row. Took delivery April 16th and have driven a total of 170 miles with two wastegate failures.
Two wastegate failures on the same bronco so close together hopefully means the same batch possibly used for production and replacements OR possibly something else is tripping the failure.

Sounds like if you got a 2021 model, you want a 2.3. If you got a 2022 model, you want a 2.7 (pending how many MY22 2.7 failures have happened--if any).

I've had my 2.3 MT BL almost 9 months/3K miles. Thankfully zero issues. To boot, it runs much better now vs stock after adding a whipple v-top high flow air filter, Boomba BOV adapter to release hot air from the charge pipe, premium fuel only, full synthetic oil added @ 2K miles runs cooler/smoother, and sprint booster product NT Auto sells right here on BN (link below). The turbo and 2.3 engine both Love the sprint booster (so does the 2.7).

Reactions: Speed Devil

Advocate I

Jun 3, 2022
St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Chambers
Two wastegate failures on the same bronco so close together hopefully means the same batch possibly used for production and replacements OR possibly something else is tripping the failure.

Sounds like if you got a 2021 model, you want a 2.3. If you got a 2022 model, you want a 2.7 (pending how many MY22 2.7 failures have happened--if any).

I've had my 2.3 MT BL almost 9 months/3K miles. Thankfully zero issues. To boot, it runs much better now vs stock after adding a whipple v-top high flow air filter, Boomba BOV adapter to release hot air from the charge pipe, premium fuel only, full synthetic oil added @ 2K miles runs cooler/smoother, and sprint booster product NT Auto sells right here on BN (link below). The turbo and 2.3 engine both Love the sprint booster (so does the 2.7).

I have 22 2.3 MT BL. Those upgrades sound great --- I'll be looking to do similar when I have all the stock parts working lol

I have offers from dealers to buy it back from me and give me a big discount on something else (F150 probably), but I don't want something else. I'll just trust that eventually I'll have the Bronco I chose two years ago.

Hudman316

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 11, 2021
Woodhaven MI
youtube.com
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Huddleston
Member #

Well I took delivery of my 4dr Sas Mid DB 2.7L Dec 10 2021 (built the week of Nov 22) and I have put 6k on it in various conditions and for those interested the electronic governor is set at 101. I have had it there twice.

I let Ford do their 100 dollar oil change and tire rotation at 5k .

My point is I must be lucky because it seems like the only gremlin I might have is in the dual zone climate control acting a little odd.
You’re in the majority. People tend to take to the internet to air grievances rather than share great reviews. The 2.7 is a solid engine. I owned 1 in the past (F150) and own 2 now (F150 & Edge ST). Zero issues. Zero warranty work.