MY21 Bronco - Security features (alarm)

OuterBanks0823
Oct 08, 2021

Rank III

Oct 08, 2021

Dear Bronco Nation, here is my first post :)

I am supposed to take delivery of my 4-door OB soon and I have been looking everywhere for more information on the included alarm system on the Bronco.

Here is what I understand:
While Ford markets the Bronco has a perimeter alarm, it actually only comes with an anti-theft alarm. Meaning it would only be triggered if someone tries to open the doors without the keys. So, someone could actually remove the soft top, move the car and more without the alarm being triggered...

Here is what I found online that may help protect the Bronco:
- Ford OEM | Perimeter Alarm - Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus | Customize Your Ford
- Ford OEM | Dashcam with parking mode - Dashcam - With Rear Facing Camera Bundle | Customize Your Ford

My ask to the community:
1- Can someone who owns a MY21 Bronco activate the alarm and confirm nothing happens unless you try to open the door without a key?
2- How are you planning to protect your Bronco when left unattended on a parking spot or on your front porch?

Thanks a lot!!
jasony2069, SuzHansen

Rank III

Oct 09, 2021

Up!

Rank V

Oct 10, 2021

Insurance, nobody listens to alarms anyway.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Oct 10, 2021

Dear Bronco Nation, here is my first post :)

I am supposed to take delivery of my 4-door OB soon and I have been looking everywhere for more information on the included alarm system on the Bronco.

Here is why I understand:
While Ford markets the Bronco has a perimeter alarm, it actually only comes with an anti-theft alarm. Meaning it would only be triggered if someone tries to open the doors without the keys. So, someone could actually remove the soft top, move the car and more without the alarm being triggered...

Here is what I found online that may help protect the Bronco:
- Ford OEM | Perimeter Alarm - Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus | Customize Your Ford
- Ford OEM | Dashcam with parking mode - Dashcam - With Rear Facing Camera Bundle | Customize Your Ford

My ask to the community:
1- Can someone who owns a MY21 Bronco activate the alarm and confirm nothing happens unless you try to open the door without a key?
2- How are you planning to protect your Bronco when left unattended on a parking spot or on your front porch?

Thanks a lot!!

Actually glad someone brought this topic up . The way that link reads is you also get remote start with the add on security system at $207 . That would possibly be useful for those that did not opt for at least the mid pkg . I'm more interested in the dash/rear view camera system that has impact and motion sensing as a better option since my build already has the remote start . Now I need to go searching other Ford forums to see if any other models have this and how it performs . At $329 it seems a good deal if it works well .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
AD BRONCO, OuterBanks0823

Rank III

Oct 11, 2021

Actually glad someone brought this topic up . The way that link reads is you also get remote start with the add on security system at $207 . That would possibly be useful for those that did not opt for at least the mid pkg . I'm more interested in the dash/rear view camera system that has impact and motion sensing as a better option since my build already has the remote start . Now I need to go searching other Ford forums to see if any other models have this and how it performs . At $329 it seems a good deal if it works well .
Hey Rydfree, please share your findings here and I will do the same!
AD BRONCO, Rydfree

Rank III

Oct 18, 2021

Up! Anyone who owns a Bronco can take a minute to check what happens when you lock the door and mess with the Bronco, Soft Top? OB or higher trims. Thanks a lot
AD BRONCO, SuzHansen