My wild track finally came in!!!! Market adjustment question

tivs31
Oct 30, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 30, 2021

So I’m outside of Chicago, truck finally came in 4 door wildtrack high package in red. Car is amazing

went to look at the car and the dealer informed me of a $10,000 market adjustment.

wanted to get everyone perspective, was expecting 5ish, is 10 outrageous?
BadlandsHotPepper22, Gunninja1
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2021

Rank IV

Oct 30, 2021

So I’m outside of Chicago, truck finally came in 4 door wildtrack high package in red. Car is amazing

went to look at the car and the dealer informed me of a $10,000 market adjustment.

You should get it for the price you had when you ordered it or the suggested retail on the sticker. The dealer isn’t holding up their end of the deal!
Hpr367, Vagieray

Rank VI

Oct 30, 2021

I agree with the other statement. The only reason that vehicle is there is because you ordered it not because they had it in inventory. You pay what was originally agreed upon.
21 Wildtrak, Rapid Red, MIC, Tow, Lux, side steps, Built 12/21 delivered 3/22
Vagieray, Gunninja1

Rank II

Oct 30, 2021

If you didn’t get the purchase price at MSRP agreed upon when ordered, you may be out of luck. Go see the manager face to face and say you ordered it at MSRP and that’s what you expect to pay. But if you didn’t agree on that when you ordered, you’ll either pay ADM or walk away and they’ll list it for $30k over sticker. Unfortunately this has been commonplace from shady, scummy dealers.
ried, MobScene13

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 30, 2021

@Snowdogyyz is correct.

If you didn't agree on a price and/or sign a purchase agreement that lists the final sale price when you ordered the vehicle... then the dealer can charge whatever they want. The MSRP isn't the final sales price... it is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The dealer is free to charge higher or lower than that suggested price.

But to more directly answer your question, $10,000 is an insane adjustment for a vehicle that you waited for over a year to receive. If you walked into that dealer that day and bought a Bronco right off the lot... sure... $10,000 makes sense in the current vehicle market. But for an ordered vehicle, that's insane.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
BadlandsHotPepper22, Giuseppe

Libations MOD

Oct 30, 2021

SO, what did you all sign and agree on when you placed your order?? What do you have in writting?
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Vagieray, Gunninja1

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Oct 30, 2021

hey im just outside Chicago as well! what dealership did you order with??
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22

Rank 0

Oct 30, 2021

hey im just outside Chicago as well! what dealership did you order with??

i ordered with Rizza Ford in orland park, they were the closest to where I live.

as far as the negotiation we had agreed to a price 500$ over MSRP in writing, but I did not sign anything, so clearly they have the ability and are being a shitty dealer and marking it up.

I was more asking if 10g’s is rediculous, I figured I’d get around 5k max and I’d be ok with that.

thanks for the help guys

Rank V

Oct 30, 2021

A single penny is outrageous. I’d walk.
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.
Giuseppe, Pawel Kaliszan

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Oct 30, 2021

yeahhh... they have had a reputation for treating customers like crap... ive never heard anything good from them. Currie ford is the closest to me but i ordered with Mccarthy ford in Mt. Greenwood since my uncle knows the owners. but so far that hasnt helped me with getting my bronco any sooner lol.
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 30, 2021

Yes
i ordered with Rizza Ford in orland park, they were the closest to where I live.

as far as the negotiation we had agreed to a price 500$ over MSRP in writing, but I did not sign anything, so clearly they have the ability and are being a shitty dealer and marking it up.

I was more asking if 10g’s is rediculous, I figured I’d get around 5k max and I’d be ok with that.

thanks for the help guys
Yes, $10k is ridiculous but if you have a written statement from them for $500 over, then that is what I would try to get. Even $5k is ridiculous at that point. I would contact Ford and file a complaint.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Flyer5, Pawel Kaliszan

Rank VI

Oct 30, 2021

Contact a lawyer. The state’s attorney. Social media, local media. That happened to someone I know in ny. Because the truck crossed state lines it’s interstate fraud. A phone call from the lawyer was all that was needed. Amazing how they’re attitude changed. Went from $30,000 yes 5 zero market adjustment to oh we’re sorry. Go get them!
Flyer5, Crawler Green

Rank 0

Oct 30, 2021

I did some research online before I ordered mine. Without a signed purchase agreement you’re probably going to have to agreed to it or walk and try again. The dealership I ordered from charged 10k over. I know if I walked they would get 15k to 20k over easy. The system is broken. If we could buy directly from Ford this wouldn’t be an issue. They offered me a first edition that someone backed out of for 25k over sticker, I wasn’t going for that.

Rank V

Oct 30, 2021

you'd think that with all the modularity of this vehicle. that the dealer would want to keep you coming back for the add ons , which i only assume have a nice markup from what i've seen.

hey dealers ! good long relations brings better cash flow.
ried, SlashRacer

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 30, 2021

I did some research online before I ordered mine. Without a signed purchase agreement you’re probably going to have to agreed to it or walk and try again. The dealership I ordered from charged 10k over. I know if I walked they would get 15k to 20k over easy. The system is broken. If we could buy directly from Ford this wouldn’t be an issue. They offered me a first edition that someone backed out of for 25k over sticker, I wasn’t going for that.
Given the situation right now it would be helpful to buy from Ford. But in "normal" times it would kind of suck. It's a double-edge sword kinda situation.

If we buy directly from Ford... the price is the price. There is no negotiating below the posted MSRP. I can't say.. "well the dealer across the street is offering $49,000... can you beat that? Because if not you're losing my sale and I'm going to them."
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
RhondaS

Rank IV

Oct 31, 2021

Thankfully my dealer out here in Southern California gave me MSRP with no question I got my bronco and I love it, it’s great.

Attachments

ried, Pawel Kaliszan

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Oct 31, 2021

thanks for the help guys
You mention that you agreed to a price of $500 over MSRP, and that was in writing. Do you have a copy of this document? Even though it was not signed, you should still be able to show the owner/manager this document, and it should make it harder for the dealer to say $10,000 over MSRP.
I wish you success and good luck...
BadlandsHotPepper22, KennyMac

Rank III

Oct 31, 2021

Get it out on your local social media that you have a written agreement of $500 over MSRP, how long you waited, that the unit wouldn't be there without your order... AND don't flinch when dealer says anything about anything! For ten grand I'd be too squeaky of a wheel to ignore, and if they came back with anything close your $500, then you consider your time and trouble's value and decide. If another $1,000 or so doesn't bother you make that your minimum goal, but really I only say that because you have a very high end hard to get unit and don't want to lose it either.

Oh and try to get Ford involved too.
BadlandsHotPepper22, ColeTrain84

Gladesmen

Oct 31, 2021

You might kindly remind them that they have to keep 60% of their orders purchased by the original order holder. If not they will lose allocation. Just tell them you are doing them a favor buying it for MSRP.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
RhondaS, jd-ford-hd

Road trip!!!

Oct 31, 2021

You might kindly remind them that they have to keep 60% of their orders purchased by the original order holder. If not they will lose allocation. Just tell them you are doing them a favor buying it for MSRP.
Honestly....I don't think the dealerships are worried about this. :(
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Giuseppe, ResidualGenius