My new Big Bend

RMoran522
May 31, 2021

Rank 0

May 31, 2021

Hi Folks! Just traded my 2017 RAM in on this Area 51 Big Bend. Have driven it all around through some nasty weather this weekend and I have to say that it handles great! I love the fact that it doesn't look like everything else on the road too! I was a little concerned about the engine size and HP but it has plenty of get up and go!! Will be looking to join up with fellow members for some trail rides that may be close to the central Virginia area.

Attachments

TXBronco, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021

Rank I

Jun 01, 2021

I have the exact same one.
RMoran522

Rank 0

Jun 03, 2021

I have the exact same one.

How do you like it?
14U

Rank I

Jun 03, 2021

I love it so far. Thanks for asking. I am still getting used to all the safety features, and didn't know what some of the buttons did until a week after driving. I had no idea what the hand with the wavey signal did down near the emergency brake. It keeps the car from moving until you hit the gas from a stop. I love the style and how the vehicle handles. I take it to Boston 1 hour away for work and back Mon - Fri.
I look forward to driving this car everyday.
RMoran522

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 03, 2021

We got our big bend months ago.
Finally took it out on a full four day shake down. No off-roading to speak of but very hilly switchback terrain, mostly asphalt some dirt. Stayed in sport mode most of the time. 3 adults little baggage. The 1.5 did very well holding back on downward pitches and accelerating on upward pitches.
The sport is very capable for its class, roomy , efficient, responsive, and comfortable even after a 3 hr non stop stretch.
For myself the cons or distractions -
The hood vibration discussed in another thread is there, but I personally had to look for it, the wiper recess is well under the hood edge, probably about a 5” shelf under the hood.
For myself , the windshield rear view mirror is a mass to see around when coming up on a up pitched switchback, gotta move your head around to find your line. Obviously not a problem when most are not doing “aggressive” driving. Lol.

Yet again I stay discouraged with the so called advancement of technology as fundamental problems still haven’t been fixed 80 years later. I parked on a steep downward incline for my test, yep ...
All of us old timers know what happened when not setting to neutral then the emergency brake before park. Some reason still today , vehicles ignore inclined parking and allow the transmission to hold the vehicle load. “Yep !!! It had to pop itself off of the load when shifted to drive.”
I tend to chuckle to myself when I see the wants/needs people want for their electronics and design features and easy fix fundamentals are still ignored. Even an I phone has a built in level even a heat sensor.
Just funny-
“I want rain sensing wipers ! Screw the drivetrain!”

All and all it is a pleasure to drive and have as a great touring vehicle.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
RMoran522, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Jun 03, 2021

I noticed the hood vibration a lot, and the space for the windshield wipers. I notice if there are leaves on my hood they jump right in the wiper area most of the time. I love the vehicle, don't get me wrong, but the leaf storage area is going to be full when I pop the hood.
I have only been on the asphalt as well, but if I see the opportunity I may go off road. I know from the Youtube reviews that this vehicle is capable of much more than people give it credit for.
It is an honor to drive the Bronco Sport and I love it.
RMoran522, 14U

Life is a Highway

Jun 03, 2021

Hi Folks! Just traded my 2017 RAM in on this Area 51 Big Bend. Have driven it all around through some nasty weather this weekend and I have to say that it handles great! I love the fact that it doesn't look like everything else on the road too! I was a little concerned about the engine size and HP but it has plenty of get up and go!! Will be looking to join up with fellow members for some trail rides that may be close to the central Virginia area.
Looks awesome!
14U

Rank 0

Jun 03, 2021

Looks awesome!

Thankyou!! I've had a lot of compliments on it. Really glad that I decided on the Big Bend. Love the color , wheels and the extras. Couldn't afford the Badlands edition but that's OK. I'll dress this up a bit more and will be looking for some performances parts as my finances permit.

OBTW what model do you have?
TK1215