Flip17

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 12, 2021
The South
First Name
Flip
Last Name
visited dealer today due to forced color change (amb) so added rock rails to my orig build (4door base 2.7 sas soft) was informed that they cannot install rock rails to a sasquatch. no shit that was there reply. I chuckled & asked what the rock rails where for. then a reply was the weight would be to much. again, do we really need to play these games. mind you there was a 2 door sass and a badlands on lot and guess what they had, yep rock rails. ok now if these items are not avail due to package restraints, then guess im cool with that, but stop the made up responses.
also dealer is claiming that ford is now the guys to flip your code from 99 to 19 ????? thats what i was told. sure would like to hear the truth from reliable person.
I was just looking at my build out sheet and the dealer coded my 19.

jlaliberty

Rank IV

Supporter I

Oct 21, 2020
Newburyport, MA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Laliberty
Member #

MY22 Bronco Build and Price is up. You can try accessing it here.

A few things to note:
  • There are errors, here are some that I've spotted and confirmed to be wrong.
    • Body color matched interior door trim pieces are not coming to 4-door, they're 2-door only.
    • Badlands still has rock rails standard even though MY22 B&P doesn't show it.
  • Colors and shading are a little off on some builds, Eruption Green looks very true to life though.
  • Pricing shown does not reflect price protection for those who qualify. See this article for more on price protection and ordering.

What else is quirky about MY22 B&P?

View attachment 19647
All of it is quirky.. we shouldnt be debugging Ford's website for them.

RagnarKon

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Woolsey
what do you mean by "buy the Auto and throw it away?" it looks like it lets me select Sasquatch by selecting the black 17" wheels, and the 7sp manual is just "included". is this not what it should look like?
If you get the Sasquatch package… the manual transmission with the Sasquatch package is the same price as the automatic transmission with the Sasquatch package. Without the Sasquatch package, the automatic transmission is a $1595 upgrade.

So in effect… manual transmission users have to pay for the automatic transmission without actually getting the automatic transmission if they option in the Sasquatch package.

I can't figure out how much the squatch pkg costs. I'm looking at a $51,525 Badlands build, add a $4,090 Sasquatch pkg, brings it to $54,020. Can someone teach me common core math so this makes sense?
Heh… I admittedly laughed out loud at my iPad, and my 1 year old daughter gave me a “are you crazy?” look.

But yeah, as I mentioned above to @Bronco Gal … Sasquatch package includes the price of the automatic transmission.

My MY21 order had priority 19. then my dealer yesterday did my MY22 order - i changed nothing and now it says priority 99. Why?

OBX 4DR Carbonized Gray HIGH LUX PKG MIC top 2.3 engine Roast/Blk interior
Ford automatically converted all of the 2021 orders that didn’t get scheduled to 2022 orders and made them priority 99. After you confirm the order with your dealer and sign any necessary paperwork, they should change the priority code back to one of the retail priority codes (19 by default).

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

There’s more than this one I promise.! Head scratcher for sure.!
Here's my understanding of why this is the way it is. It's probably grossly oversimplified, but here it is.

Ford's production systems track the weight of a build in a way that isn't very dynamic. It feels like the break down is something like this:
  • Standard Bronco Weight - What the base of a trim weighs.
  • Factory Options Max Weight - Total that all the factory options could weigh if they were all selected.
  • DIO Max Weight - Total that all the DIO that is selectable in an order can weigh.
  • Passengers and Payload - A standardized number that assumes a certain number of passengers of a certain size and a targeted payload amount.
All of that together can't exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). Unfortunately, the system seems to assume that if you add anything from the factory options bucket or the DIO bucket, that you've added all of it. It doesn't add up the individual weights of each option and part selected and then add passengers and payload.

How this plays out in practice is that a Badlands has a high starting weight due to rock rails, a beefier suspension, bash plates, steel bumper, and sway bar disconnect. When you add a factory option, Ford's systems apparently have to assume that you'll add all of them and thus you get shut out from weird options that don't sound like they weigh all that much but would weigh a lot if they were all added together. For example, a Badlands with a 2.7L and Sasquatch can't get a roof rack or a cargo area floor cover because adding everything together in that category wouldn't leave enough room for passengers and payload.

Now, the good news is that several of these things are available in the dealer channel accessories catalog. I can still talk to my dealer and get the cargo area cover when my build is delivered, assuming there is supply available. However, there are some options that don't seem to be available like the roof rails and so you have to either go aftermarket (which doesn't have too many roof rails options yet) or try to order as a part through your dealer. Ordering it as a part can be laughably expensive so sometimes that isn't the best strat.

Luckily for me, I can't do Sasquatch with roof rails anyway given the size of my garage so I'll probably be going 4-Door Badlands, upgraded wheels/tires, 2.3L, roof rails, and LUX. Then I'll get the cargo area liner through the accessories catalog.

RagnarKon

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Woolsey
Can anyone confirm that this is just a visual error and that it will still be included??
Yes it is confirmed. Error in the Build & Price renderer, but the Order Guide still clearly states that the rock rails are included on Black Diamond and Badlands.

EDIT: From the Order Guide.
rockrails.PNG

Last edited:

Flip17

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 12, 2021
The South
First Name
Flip
Last Name
Can anyone confirm that this is just a visual error and that it will still be included??
Rock rails are standard according to the order guide. I'm holding my build sheet that I received from the dealer and it doesn't have rock rails listed. It does have the steel bumper listed.

Last edited:

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Here's my understanding of why this is the way it is. It's probably grossly oversimplified, but here it is.

Ford's production systems track the weight of a build in a way that isn't very dynamic. It feels like the break down is something like this:
  • Standard Bronco Weight - What the base of a trim weighs.
  • Factory Options Max Weight - Total that all the factory options could weigh if they were all selected.
  • DIO Max Weight - Total that all the DIO that is selectable in an order can weigh.
  • Passengers and Payload - A standardized number that assumes a certain number of passengers of a certain size and a targeted payload amount.
All of that together can't exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). Unfortunately, the system seems to assume that if you add anything from the factory options bucket or the DIO bucket, that you've added all of it. It doesn't add up the individual weights of each option and part selected and then add passengers and payload.

How this plays out in practice is that a Badlands has a high starting weight due to rock rails, a beefier suspension, bash plates, steel bumper, and sway bar disconnect. When you add a factory option, Ford's systems apparently have to assume that you'll add all of them and thus you get shut out from weird options that don't sound like they weigh all that much but would weigh a lot if they were all added together. For example, a Badlands with a 2.7L and Sasquatch can't get a roof rack or a cargo area floor cover because adding everything together in that category wouldn't leave enough room for passengers and payload.

Now, the good news is that several of these things are available in the dealer channel accessories catalog. I can still talk to my dealer and get the cargo area cover when my build is delivered, assuming there is supply available. However, there are some options that don't seem to be available like the roof rails and so you have to either go aftermarket (which doesn't have too many roof rails options yet) or try to order as a part through your dealer. Ordering it as a part can be laughably expensive so sometimes that isn't the best start.

Luckily for me, I can't do Sasquatch with roof rails anyway given the size of my garage so I'll probably be going 4-Door Badlands, upgraded wheels/tires, 2.3L, roof rails, and LUX. Then I'll get the cargo area liner through the accessories catalog.
Need me to bring the chainsaw over? We will make the the clearance you need to get your baby inside. :p

RagnarKon

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Woolsey
@David found another potential bug with Build & Price.

If you select the 2.7L engine, it'll let you select the 4.7 real axle ratio even if you don't option in the Sasquatch package. According to the Order Guide the only way to get the 4.7 axle ratio on the 2.7L engine is with the Sasquatch package.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

If you select the 2.7L engine, it'll let you select the 4.7 real axle ratio even if you don't option in the Sasquatch package. According to the Order Guide the only way to get the 4.7 axle ratio on the 2.7L engine is with the Sasquatch package.
Which trim? If forces SAS for me when I do it in BD.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

@David found another potential bug with Build & Price.

Confirmed that this is an error in the B&P.

Reactions: RagnarKon

Laura

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Champion I

Mar 18, 2021
Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
www.instagram.com
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Zielinski
Member #

My MY21 order had priority 19. then my dealer yesterday did my MY22 order - i changed nothing and now it says priority 99. Why?

Prior to Oct 13, Ford placed all unscheduled orders into a 99 code because of the new features for 2022 model year. This is why everyone with an unscheduled order (no VIN) must confirm their MY22 order with their dealers.

Binner the Beast

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 23, 2021
Lexington KY
First Name
Dottie
Last Name
Niewald
Member #

UPDATE: my dealer has corrected it and it now back at Priority 19. :). I worked for this dealership years ago which is why i went to them to purchase. I knew they would be upfront and honest.

Daisy76

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jun 3, 2020
Texas, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sigley
Member #

MY22 Bronco Build and Price is up. You can try accessing it here.

A few things to note:
  • There are errors, here are some that I've spotted and confirmed to be wrong.
    • Body color matched interior door trim pieces are not coming to 4-door, they're 2-door only.
    • Badlands still has rock rails standard even though MY22 B&P doesn't show it.
  • Colors and shading are a little off on some builds, Eruption Green looks very true to life though.
  • Pricing shown does not reflect price protection for those who qualify. See this article for more on price protection and ordering.

What else is quirky about MY22 B&P?

View attachment 19647
I have not seen this capable bumper setup before. The capable bumper that comes standard on BL & BD is different than the one on the Riptide. This one looks like the frame horns are left open & accessible, I wonder if you can add the D-Ring mount that the HD Modular bumpers have later on?