My 1st Issue

Ditchrunner
Aug 15, 2022

Anxiously waiting for Super Cel

Aug 15, 2022

I've had my BD since mid-April. Been on 3 trips with it, the 1st was 500 miles, 2nd 800, and the 3rd 2200. No real issues so far. Up to this point the info center/head unit is a little buggy at times, my USB doesn't recognize anything, and Alexa stopped working. Then yesterday while looking at cars with my gf, we stopped at a lot and there was a used Badlands. I pulled behind it, left mine running, and left the door open while I got out. When I got back in it wouldn't detect my key. After going nuts trying a lot of things, having the alarm go off and flashers randomly working, I called roadside asst. They did not help. While waiting for the guy to show up I searched key fob stuff and even had my gf go get my spare key, which didn't work either. I finally tried the dead key fob trick by sticking it in the slot in the center console. And poof, it worked. So what the heck? Did my Bronco get jealous cuz I looked at another one? Thoughts?
I have a service appt in 2 weeks but gees that was scary since you can't do anything with it.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
JIOxfordWhite, SIDJake
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2022

Gladesmen

Aug 15, 2022

I've had my BD since mid-April. Been on 3 trips with it, the 1st was 500 miles, 2nd 800, and the 3rd 2200. No real issues so far. Up to this point the info center/head unit is a little buggy at times, my USB doesn't recognize anything, and Alexa stopped working. Then yesterday while looking at cars with my gf, we stopped at a lot and there was a used Badlands. I pulled behind it, left mine running, and left the door open while I got out. When I got back in it wouldn't detect my key. After going nuts trying a lot of things, having the alarm go off and flashers randomly working, I called roadside asst. They did not help. While waiting for the guy to show up I searched key fob stuff and even had my gf go get my spare key, which didn't work either. I finally tried the dead key fob trick by sticking it in the slot in the center console. And poof, it worked. So what the heck? Did my Bronco get jealous cuz I looked at another one? Thoughts?
I have a service appt in 2 weeks but gees that was scary since you can't do anything with it.
Definitely a jealousy issue. Hope you get this figured out soon.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
CBWAR1, SIDJake

Aug 15, 2022

Definitely a jealousy issue. Hope you get this figured out.
Thanks. I'm starting to see a few electronic issues online. How this isn't a trend.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gaia GPS
14U, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2022

Thanks. I'm starting to see a few electronic issues online. How this isn't a trend.

How any of this isn't a trend is beyond me.

Yes, I'm about to date myself, but damn I miss the good old days of simple carbureted V8's and a cassette deck in the dash. Everyone wants all this fancy tech and it seems more often than not it's a problem. But I guess that's just me. Good luck with whatever issue it ends up being that you are having.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
WildGreen13, 14U

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 15, 2022

It got jealous that you were checking out another Bronco. "I waited in a stable for 2 years to get adopted then this guy.....
JIOxfordWhite, SIDJake

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 15, 2022

Yes, I'm about to date myself, but damn I miss the good old days of simple carbureted V8's and a cassette deck in the dash. Everyone wants all this fancy tech and it seems more often than not it's a problem. But I guess that's just me. Good luck with whatever issue it ends up being that you are having.
Yeah its a good thing hes not a fire figther that needs to respond NOW.

Home, home on the range

Aug 15, 2022

So far my Bronco has been trouble and ghost free. I don't have a lot of miles on it yet. I think it's just under/over 2000. Been so busy we haven't driven it much. I make a point to drive it at least once a week to keep the battery and tires in shape.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
CBWAR1, Deano Bronc

Aug 15, 2022

Is the key fob working normal now? The issue and solution would lead me to think a dead battery in the fob.
TK1215, Ditchrunner

Rank V

Aug 15, 2022

If I throw my keys on the passenger seat sometimes the starting switch will not recognize that they're there. This probably isn't very helpful but it's just weird.
Ditchrunner

Rank III

Aug 16, 2022

at this point the 19k restored 73 beetle i keep passing is starting to get reeeeeeallllly pretty. resto-mod? got duct tape, pantyhose and a wire hanger? DONE
SittinWaitinWatchin.'22 Outer Banks 4D Velocity Blue Outer Banks LuxSquatch
05 Escape LTD-RIP 86 Bronco II&97 Explorer
14U, KennyMac

Aug 16, 2022

Is the key fob working normal now? The issue and solution would lead me to think a dead battery in the fob.
It does. But it didn't recognize the spare either.
Gaia GPS

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

My daughter had numerous key fob issues in two Mazdas. my guess is there is a giant bag of key fobs at every factory with old batteries!
Broncofly, KennyMac

Aug 16, 2022

My daughter had numerous key fob issues in two Mazdas. my guess is there is a giant bag of key fobs at every factory with old batteries!
I wish it was just batteries but I doubt that both of my key fobs are dying after only a couple of months.
Gaia GPS
14U

Fashionably late to the PARTY

Aug 16, 2022

I wish it was just batteries but I doubt that both of my key fobs are dying after only a couple of months.
I got my Bronco in Jan 21 and have replaced batteries in both fobs. Zero issues since.
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
Deano Bronc, Ditchrunner

Aug 16, 2022

I got my Bronco in Jan 21 and have replaced batteries in both fobs. Zero issues since.
Thanks Sven. Guess I should do it just in case.
Gaia GPS
Deano Bronc, Sven

Gladesmen

Aug 16, 2022

Thanks Sven. Guess I should do it just in case.
I hope it is that easy a fix.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc, Sven

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

The dealership replaced both of hers also.
Jakob1972, Ditchrunner

Aug 16, 2022

I order all my button cell batteries bulk very cheap from China and 1 in 4 is a short lived dud but with how much money I save its bearable. Manufactures probably order similar items since we've outsourced everything.
Sven

Rank II

Aug 16, 2022

No not just you I agree
RETmed14!, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 16, 2022

No not just you I agree
I totally agree also !

Don’t get me wrong,
I can have an appreciation for electronic “advancements”,
But I have zero faith when it has the capacity to leave me stranded out in the middle of nowhere.
Its my opinion, but a simple manual key should be able to override all of this .
Executives sitting around in a air conditioned boardroom are making the tech “un savvy “ decisions.
@Ford Motor Company !
Too much bling on the key ring !
Here’s an old rule of thumb …

K.I.S.S
“Keep it simple stupid “
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
CBWAR1, PSUTE